It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

* Disarming U.S. Citizens by 2010 *

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Aircow

Welcome aboard!

What I personally call The Great Obama Gun Scare of 2009 continues unabated.

As did the Clinton (Bill) Assault weapons ban in the 90's. Seen as the first step in an all out push towards registration and/or confiscation of guns and an assault of it's own on the 2nd amendment. The public was up in arms in the panic and fear of what may lay ahead.

Clinton had barely finished moving into the White House when he proclaimed we “can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans to legitimately own handguns and rifles.”
ClintonGunBan

Obamas' similar test of the public's state of mind and resolve during his campaign

"they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."
ChicagoSunTimes

raised even more fears that, his (even at that point) almost sure election would bring another assault on the 2nd amendment.

I have even heard a local gun shop where I live hinting in their commercials that second amendment rights may soon disappear. In my opinion that is a load of crap that has sold an awful lot of guns and ammo this year. In fact ammo was nearly impossible to find without a fanatical search for it for most of this year and shelves are still pretty bare

This stems from the rumors of the ammunition would be taxed, and taxed heavily to discourage gun owners from the entire point of owning one. What was really happening was the ammo accountability tax.

The bill that is being pushed in 18 states (including Illinois and Indiana) requires all ammunition to be encoded by the manufacture a data base of all ammunition sales. So they will know how much you buy and what calibers. Nobody can sell any ammunition after June 30, 2009 unless the ammunition is coded.
HuntTheUS

To date neither has come to pass to my knowledge, however that does not dismiss the original intentions of an administration flogged with other domestic and internationl problems.

If you called me a liberal you'd be mostly correct, but I do currently own 11 firearms and I take 2nd amendments right seriously

Then you should have been aware of these issues and you should be ready to defend your constitutional rights when they are threatened. I am, however, impressed at the volume of your collection and your enthusiasm for the constitution.

Obama is not coming for your guns folks. Whatever else you may think of him he is a politician and any gun control laws at this time would be political suicide for the democrats.

Agreed, but the current political situation prevents Obama from making any contoversial moves.

Nor do I think the OP was spreading right wing hate. He just shared an email. I've never seen the left and right so diametrically opposed and it truly bums me out. I think it's by design so we don't unite and fight for fair trade and banking laws myself, among other things,...the ole misdirection.

Agreed, the OP asked a legitimate question out of sincerity. The manipulated diametric opposition has been there all along, good for you for opening your eyes to it. You are correct that the divide and conquer strategy is commonly used especially by the MSM to keep us arguing over politics or rights while the powers quietly steal our freedom from under us.

sincerely,
A fellow gun owner.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mkultraangel

If you ever want to check a bill's authenticity, go to us.gov and click on the link that says pending legislation, and type in the number of the bill you're referencing to. If the bill is legit, it'll come up.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Ok now I am more confused than I was originally---my friend who sent me the e-mail is an environmental activist (or claims to be) and rarely forwards any type of e-mail to me...I thought he was legit in looking out for conspiracy theories as he was the person who "turned me on" to Zeitgeist and the esoteric agenda there--NOW I am seeing a very active post about how the Zeitgeist movement is the most powerful form of Right Wing propaganda....I am starting to wonder about this "friend" as he has always been one of those people I just can't figure out (and I usually can figure out people pretty easily).

I will post the link to the thread (but I am sure everyone here can see it as active on the homepage) is there some kind of connection here? Scare tactics at the very least? Seems like a lot of propaganda is floating around

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

BIG MISTAKE this is being hailed as NWO propaganda NOT Right Wing propaganda hmmmm interesting--connections?

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   

When receiving any info concerning the nwo, I use what I call the "Smell Test". I always cross-reference anything I get e-mailed or even find in my own research. I usually google it, then check it out on "snopes.com, and if it's legislation, I go and check it out at usgov.org.

If any flags pop up there anywhere in those searches, I disgard the info and tell my source to do the same.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
in reply to the op i'm safe from guns with "clips"- mine use magazines
want to know the difference do a quick search and while at it find out what point blank range is also. they are media/gov't terms to instill fear and dislike-same as communism.
no way the gov't could ever enforce this

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfoot1212

Of course I know what point blank range means...but um I think the type of caliber stuff you are talking about is meant for long range targets..please do correct me if I am wrong

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

i never said anything about calibers- i said difference between clips and magazines(and not the ones you get in the mail)and as for point blank range did you do a search and find out just exactly what it is- it's not just 5' away?
my 30/06- i just killed a deer with- point blank for that is around 350 yards.i own alot of guns and they are either breechloading or have a magazine-not clips. the garand used a clip- there is a difference. this is a common mistake and terminology made by people- kind of like saying octopuses and viruses and communism
unfortunately it has become acceptable and people believe everything they hear or read.
as for the bill i doubt it will ever pass- the gov't would be overthrown-there is no way that the amount of us gun owners would just let the gov't take them away. clinton banned "assault rifles" but that got overturned and anyone who owned an "assault rifle" before the ban was grandfathered anyway

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Well okay you are deer hunter....BUT it seems like the gun issues are more with urban violence and with the Olympics set to be in Chicago I don't think it would be out of the question to think that some kind of changes will be made there and then it can filter down to people like you--who say you WON'T take it lying down....as far as the magazine v clips and point blank range stuff

I've had the pleasure of popping of some rounds on some ummm "antique" Vietnam era stuff that used magazines so yeah I know the diff. I am not sure where you are going with the point blank range though? Is there a conspiracy on that?

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
There is an estimated 235 million civilian owned firearms in the United States. And millions of owners that would use them to defend themselves from anybody that would try to take them. I can't see it going down.
The end would never justify the means. Not going to happen.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

As soon as I read "I got this in an email..." or something to that effect...I just stop reading

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousMoose

Then what was the point of your posting? Obviously you contributed nothing--so how ironic

I had a legitimate question/concern as I have no background on gun-related issues, I appreciated all the feedback that I got...except for yours which is pointless

[edit on 2-12-2009 by mkultraangel]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join