It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

* Disarming U.S. Citizens by 2010 *

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
This was copied and pasted from an e-mail I received today--will provide other links as I continue to research this.

As if we didn't have enough to get upset about!
If you have a gun, I hope it isn't registered!

Senate Bill SB-2099 will require us to put on our 2009 1040 federal tax form all guns that you have or own. It will require fingerprints and a tax of $50 per gun.

This bill was introduced on Feb.... 24, 2009, by the Obama staff. BUT . . this bill will only become public knowledge 30 days after the new law becomes effective ! This is an amendment to the Internal Revenue Act of 1986. This means that the Finance Committee has passed this without the Senate voting on it at all. Trust Obama ? ..... you must be kidding !

The full text of the IRS amendment is on the U.S. Senate homepage,U.S. Senate You know who to call; I strongly suggest you do. Please send a copy of this e-mail to every gun owner you know.

Text of H.R.45 as Introduced in House: Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009 - U.S.... OpenCongress Obama's Congress is now starting on the firearms confiscation bill. If it passes, gun owners will become criminals if you don't fully comply.

It has begun . . .. Whatever Obama's secret Master Plan is....this is just the 'tip of the iceberg!'

Very Important for you to be aware of another new bill HR 45 introduced into the House. This is the Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sale Act of 2009..|

Even gun shop owners didn't know about this because the government is trying to fly it under the radar as a 'minor' IRS revision, and, as usual, the 'political' lawmakers did not read this bill before signing and approving it !
To find out about this - go to any government website and type in HR 45 or Google HR 45 Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sales Act of 2009. You will get all the information.

Basically this would make it illegal to own a firearm - any rifle with a clip or ANY pistol unless:

-It is registered -You are fingerprinted -You supply a current Driver's License -You supply your Social Security # -You will submit to a physical & mental evaluation at any time of their choosing -Each update - change of ownership through private or public sale must be reported and costs $25 - Failure to do so you automatically lose the right to own a firearm and are subject up to a year in jail. -There is a child provision clause on page 16 section 305 stating a child-access provision. Gun must be locked and inaccessible to any child under 18. -They would have the right to come and inspect that you are storing your gun safely away from accessibility to children and fine is punishable for up to 5 yrs. in prison.

If you think this is a joke - go to the website and take your pick of many options to read this. It is long and lengthy. But, more and more people are becoming aware of this. Pass the word along. Any hunters in your family pass this along.|

This is just a "termite" approach to complete confiscation of guns and disarming of our society to the point we have no defense - chip away a little here and there until t he goal is accomplished before anyone realizes it.

This is one to act on whether you own a gun or not..

Search Results - THOMAS (Library of Congress)

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Stop spreading your Right-Wing Propaganda Please...

Senate Bill SB-2099 e-mails are a hoax printable page Submitted by drieck on Thu, 08/06/2009 - 23:05. * Education In recent weeks, people from all over Ohio have been bombarding us with copies of a hoax e-mail about Senate Bill SB-2099. The e-mail warns that SB-2099 would require you to list all guns on your IRS income tax return. No matter how many times we explain that this e-mail is a hoax, people just keep forwarding it to us. The NRA reports it's getting hundreds of these forwarded e-mails. Trust us. This is a hoax. We've checked it out. The NRA has checked it out. The bill was real nine years ago, but it died having never been voted on. It's possible that pro-gun people don't know it's a dead bill. Or it's possible anti-gun people are trying to mess with their enemies. Either way, we implore you ... STOP SENDING THIS BOGUS E-MAIL ABOUT SB-2099! Not only will forwarding it make you look silly. Sending it to large groups of people could annoy those who have seen this a dozen times already and result in someone reporting you as a spammer. Internet Service Providers take this very seriously. What follows is some background information on this persistent e-mail hoax on SB-2099.

www.buckeyefirearms.org...

Clearing Up the Rumors: The Truth About The “Gun Tax Bill” Friday, May 29, 2009 In the last few weeks, NRA-ILA has received hundreds of e-mails warning us about “SB-2099,” a bill that would supposedly require you to report all your guns on your income tax return every April 15. Like many rumors, there’s just a grain of truth to this one. Someone’s recycling an old alert, which wasn’t even very accurate when it was new. There actually was a U.S. Senate bill with that number that would have taxed handguns—nine years ago. It was introduced by anti-gun Sen. Jack Reed (D-R.I.), and it would have included handguns under the National Firearms Act’s tax and registration scheme. This has nothing to do with anyone’s Form 1040, of course. Fortunately, S. 2099 disappeared without any action by the Senate, back when Bill Clinton was still in the White House. We reported about it back then, just as we report about new anti-gun bills every week. Now, it’s time for gun owners to drop this old distraction and focus on the real threats at hand.

www.nraila.org...

In other words.. HOAX !!!

[edit on 27-11-2009 by Polynomial C]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Ok good to know---I am not a gun owner or activist, but I do believe in the right to have guns...I am sure that the person who e-mailed me this information thought it was legit too---so what is the deal then I wonder with people sending out these bogus e-mails? Is it a conspiracy to make gun owners/NRA people look bad or misinformed in some way?....

I am clueless on this one.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Even if this were true, a vast majority of people won't comply. All we have to do as citizens is say NO!

Also the logistics of forcefully disarming over 100 million people is impossible they might get a few, but it would be effectively declaring war on the citizens(yes I know people are going to say it already has been).

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mkultraangel

No .. They send bogus e-mails because of their irrational hate for Obama.. they spread lies and misinformation about him all the time...

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Oh and btw I'm a LIBERAL but thanks for the links and the info POLY do you want a cracker or a button to pin on your hemp jacket?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Polynomial C

No .. They send bogus e-mails because of their irrational hate for Obama.. they spread lies and misinformation about him all the time...

clearing things up is great but both of your posts were not only not needed. but totally stupid. how bouat spreading your right wing hatred somewhere else please.

as a side note, true or not, no one is taking my guns. i am a good guy who means no harm to any one. sadly i have seen some things in my time no one should see and you would have to kill me before you took away my ability to protect myself and my innocent family

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
It is a hoax. There is no bill, just something to get the people riled up. Sides if they even suggest it, you might ask how are they going to proceed with such, especially with the number of antiques out there, and their owners. (My family happens to own 2 antique shotguns, been in the family for several generations, and we are not really interested in parting with them.)
Or if they say it will help cut the crime rate, you could ask, is that like england, where they banned fire arms, and crimes committed with firearms went up over 340%?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I am just wondering if this kind of e-mail can create a DDOS if it is sent to enough people? I NEVER send out e-mails that say "send this to everyone you know" because of that reason, this can create WAY to much traffic and even shut sites down. I am sure the person that sent it to me thought he was being patriotic just as most people that send this to everyone they know do. But the person that began this e-mail obviously knew how to do his/her research with all the links they posted...it really does look legit.

So it makes me wonder...what's the deal here?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
You do realize though that HR 45 ... is in fact real ... though it looks to be dieing in committee

www.govtrack.us...

It calls for a required license to own. im reading it now not sure about what would happen to owners prior but the language is pretty ridiculous

[edit on 27-11-2009 by conspiracyrus]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mkultraangel
I am just wondering if this kind of e-mail can create a DDOS if it is sent to enough people? I NEVER send out e-mails that say "send this to everyone you know" because of that reason, this can create WAY to much traffic and even shut sites down. I am sure the person that sent it to me thought he was being patriotic just as most people that send this to everyone they know do. But the person that began this e-mail obviously knew how to do his/her research with all the links they posted...it really does look legit.

So it makes me wonder...what's the deal here?

I seriously doubt that email generated in that manner would ever cause a DDOS.

If it did, then email servers would be crashing all the time due to the amount of spam flooding our in-boxes.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Confirmed hoax.

Since that pretty well sums it up for this thread I will go a bit off topic and address the HR45 bill.

HR45 IS very real but has almost no chance of passing (see below)

The Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act would establish a nationwide system for prohibiting unlicensed gun-ownership. If approved, the law would require gun owners to apply for five-year licenses to own firearms, and would give the U.S. Attorney General broad authority over the program.

This is a fringe bill with no co-sponsors that has virtually zero chance of becoming law. For more background on why there are bills in Congress like this one that are essentially dead on arrival, see this blog post.
OpenCongress.org

As a tip, Anytime you receive an email such as the one in the OP, or otherwise want to check a bill. A quick stop over to OpenCongress.org will quickly confirm or deny the bill, as well give a synopsis, who is co-sponsoring, and an analysis of the bills chances. (P.S. it also works for Senate legislation)

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by slimpickens93

I guess I am looking for some kind of rhyme or reason that this e-mail is circulating--maybe to put supposed "gun toting conspiracy theorists on a watchlist"?

WELL.....on a more serious note (or less serious however you want to look at it) I did find this

www.snopes.com...

Is Snopes considered pretty reliable? Never used this site for info

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   

It's circulating because people take the second amendment very seriously. Honestly I think they could take away all our rights, but when it comes to firearms that is a line would be the one to spark off a revolution/civil war. Kind of backwards if you ask me.

The irony of HR 45 is that the event took place in Chicago where it isn't even legal to own a handgun. Also the other interesting thing is that there is a case in the supreme court right now that is challenging the ruling of a judge in a near by county to Chicago that upon being decide will either reaffirm that we have the right to own weapons to overthrow the government or strike it down. It has been said though that gun-rights are going to win out.

Which I will be extremely excited about because there will be no recourse for overturning the 2nd amendment. The anti-gunners will just have to suck it up.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I did see on the NRA site that in Indiana there was a banning of guns in state/federal buildings or something which I though was scary....let me find it and repost

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
www.nraila.org...

ok as it reads I guess no one can carry a gun on property OWNED or LEASED by the city named in the article-- I'm new to the whole gun control debate hence me having no idea that the original post wasn't totally true (not a HOAX just not entirely true/only partially true I'd like to add)...I dunno though it seems like people in gov't are getting more anti-gun though and those that want to keep guns are getting more freaked out....me even getting the e-mail in the 1st place is a testament to the freaking out part!!!

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
What I personally call The Great Obama Gun Scare of 2009 continues unabated.

I have even heard a local gun shop where I live hinting in their commercials that second amendment rights may soon disappear. In my opinion that is a load of crap that has sold an awful lot of guns and ammo this year. In fact ammo was nearly impossible to find without a fanatical search for it for most of this year and shelves are still pretty bare.

If you called me a liberal you'd be mostly correct, but I do currently own 11 firearms and I take 2nd amendments right seriously.

Obama is not coming for your guns folks. Whatever else you may think of him he is a politician and any gun control laws at this time would be political suicide for the democrats.

Nor do I think the OP was spreading right wing hate. He just shared an email. I've never seen the left and right so diametrically opposed and it truly bums me out. I think it's by design so we don't unite and fight for fair trade and banking laws myself, among other things,...the ole misdirection.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Aircow

Well Air thanks for pointing out that I did simply pass on an e-mail, which I did. I do have to disagree with you though on the fact the the Left and Right are so opposed on this issue-when we are talking about rights and civil liberties of course a Liberal is going to perk his/her ears up and wonder "what's next?" freedom of speech or whathaveyou....I can say this personally as a Liberal myself and therefore obviously have no agenda or propaganda to spew here.

I think the opposition comes from the archetypal gun-toter and hippie on each side

When alot of people think about people on the Right FOR gun rights and all, it's the picture of some guy named Bobby Lee who drinks Bud and shoots squirrels-- on the opposite of that you have the "Polys" of the world and I hate to pick on the guy but he did say I was spewing propaganda -he in fact starting a post on how music cured his flu WOW

Point is different (very different people involved) but rights are rights to right and left

[edit on 28-11-2009 by mkultraangel]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienChaser

Even if it were to have a ghost of a chance of passing, most states have already re-affirmed their soveriegnty rights and included gun ownership in them as a state right, negating the ability of the fed to regulate them. I think Wyoming was the first, or it could have been Utah, I forget.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   

I don't think it's just this issue that the left and right are at loggerheads over. It's all of them, or so it seems to me.

Whether it's MSNBC or Fox, Limbaugh or ED Schultz, it's as though the media wants Americans fighting with each other. Same goes for radio and XM.

Maybe I'm just getting paranoid but that's the way it seems to me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join