It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

This Makes me Happy to be a Part of ATS

page: 1
2

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
www.gaiaonline.com...

I went to a very popular teenager website, and posted this. Is this the general reaction all teenagers give to something that isn't in there normal thought process? Are all teenagers this immature and narrow minded? I'm a "teen" but I do not act like this when up against a new topic that isn't usually heard about.

I wish people where more mature, it would make for more interesting discussion with kids my own age.




posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
What a crummy format for a forum. It is hard for me to track the convo. Why does everyone have to have a dozen nested quotes in every reply? So lame.



posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I am part of ATS because I truly believe we are completely doomed...and very soon.

I can't say that makes me "glad" to be part of ATS.

No offense to ATS of course...I just wish I didn't have a reason to come to such a place.

But yeah..the linked site sucks...ATS whups it head off!



posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
You can't have a serioud discussion about anything on a forum where everyone's avatar looks like some wimpy japanimation baby doll.

Did you go on there to make a point?

Please don't tell me you're a regular.



posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
as with everyone that has friends, a person will usually gravitate toward other people that they find interesting, and at the same time easy to communicate with. this becomes more refined as one gets older. but with age, communication becomes more expansive, so as to include people that would challange your current perceptions, and thus give a person more information that they feel they might be missing, for a more rich and complex way of thinking.



posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
you're not special so stop trying to be that snow flake. you shouldn't be on this site, you have nothing interesting to say or anything i would want to read. please go back to your forum, you don't belong here.



posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
I am part of ATS because I truly believe we are completely doomed...and very soon.

I can't say that makes me "glad" to be part of ATS.

No offense to ATS of course...I just wish I didn't have a reason to come to such a place.

But yeah..the linked site sucks...ATS whups it head off!


now this is interesting. i can spend a life time reading stuff like this. not some kid saying," oh please be more mature wah wah wah."



posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx
I wish people where more mature, it would make for more interesting discussion with kids my own age.


I could be wrong...but that's why you're here my friend. ATS is that place.

Glad to have you aboard.



posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx
 


Wow, it took me all of about 10 seconds to fall in love with ATS all over again. That site really reminds me how good we have it here.

Aside from the HORRIBLE format that would by itself cause me a brain aneurysm, it appears that the mods on that site pretty much let all forms of nonsense flow. That may be fine for the purpose of that site, but not here.

We have a good group of mods and they do a good job keeping the nonsense to a minimum, We also have BTS for those conversations that are more social.

It's not just the mods though. It is generally understood that when someone starts a thread about "the moon landing" for example, that the posts will stay mostly on topic and opposing views will be respected. Every now and then a newbie will try and be disruptive or cause other general mischief, and I am always impressed with the calm but firm way they are handled by other members, often before the mods can get there to solve the problem. Runaway flame wars are almost nonexistant and thats a good thing.

By the way, I would have never guessed you were a teen if you hadn't mentioned it.

Long live ATS and it's community of thinkers; truth seekers, readers and learners, teachers, those who question, and those who answer, those with passionate views and those who reconsider their own positions because of them. ATS offers something for everyone, and I take something away every time



posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx
 


Don't get all butt-hurt when people talk like that, they are just saying stuff like that to test you emotionally and see if you can post better threads, other then that im sure you can do better.



posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA
you're not special so stop trying to be that snow flake. you shouldn't be on this site, you have nothing interesting to say or anything i would want to read. please go back to your forum, you don't belong here.


DITTO. GAIAFAGS annoy me to no end with their retarded weaboo antics. IMO if you are wasting time and money playing that game, then you are too shallow for ATS. With all the idiots that gather here, this site will still be out of your league.

With that said, I await a mod u2u about this post getting deleted.



posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happyfeet

IMO if you are wasting time and money playing that game, then you are too shallow for ATS. With all the idiots that gather here, this site will still be out of your league.

With that said, I await a mod u2u about this post getting deleted.



So because the OP plays some game then they are too shallow to be interested in alternative subjects?

And how do you draw that conclusion?

Saying this site is "out of your league" is absolutely ridiculous and ignorant.
Is there a limit on who should be interested in conspiracies and the paranormal and science and metaphysics?

Instead of judging the OP, why not look at yourself first.



posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   
The kids are showing their stripes tonight.

Granted, I'm no fan of kids forums but we've got our fair share of kids here.

The funny thing is that the kids are the ones who talk the most trash about the other kids not being good enough to be here.



posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Oh Gaia. I cry silky, silent tears at your downfall.

You are such a hideous monster now.

I joined gaia in 04 or 05. It was still listed as go-gaia.com, which as I'm sure you can imagine, made many people laugh. I was 14, and it filled my forum needs at the time It was a swell little forum then. Roleplaying. Idle chatter. Some actually deep, serious debates in the Extended Disscussion forum. And somewhere along the way, it mutated, and flooded with people. Now it's all about the games, and your avatar, and donation letter goodies. Your avatar just used to be some cute pixels to dress up, not go crazy over it.

Looking at it nowadays, it makes me extremely glad of ATS.

To all you people freaking out about someone liking gaia:
WTF? Yeah, we all know it sucks. We all know alot of the people on it are simpering pre-teens. Why descend to such pitiful name-calling and insulting? How can they annoy you if you don't go on their site? Do they search you out intending to make your internet experience a miserable, gaia-infused hell? I never go to that site anymore. I hate it's entire format, since about 2007, really. I hate that there is no extended discussion in the ED forum. It is chatterbox overflow. So I don't go there. And my feelings of deep displeasure go away. Problem solved.



posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Thats to be expected on game forums like that. Goodness, you even get some of that here. There are a few games where I have seen that the people are mostly mature. You can discuss religion and politics with out a flame war breaking out, but very few. What I have run across are that there are certain countries where the teens are very mature in general and then countries like the U.S. where maturity is the exception. I'm usually the older player in those games. I stay away from sites like Gaia and Neopets with a ten foot pole, but on other game sites, I know that i am there for the game and not the stimulating conversation.



posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmazingK
Oh Gaia. I cry silky, silent tears at your downfall.

You are such a hideous monster now.

I joined gaia in 04 or 05. It was still listed as go-gaia.com, which as I'm sure you can imagine, made many people laugh. I was 14, and it filled my forum needs at the time It was a swell little forum then. Roleplaying. Idle chatter. Some actually deep, serious debates in the Extended Disscussion forum. And somewhere along the way, it mutated, and flooded with people. Now it's all about the games, and your avatar, and donation letter goodies. Your avatar just used to be some cute pixels to dress up, not go crazy over it.

Looking at it nowadays, it makes me extremely glad of ATS.

To all you people freaking out about someone liking gaia:
WTF? Yeah, we all know it sucks. We all know alot of the people on it are simpering pre-teens. Why descend to such pitiful name-calling and insulting? How can they annoy you if you don't go on their site? Do they search you out intending to make your internet experience a miserable, gaia-infused hell? I never go to that site anymore. I hate it's entire format, since about 2007, really. I hate that there is no extended discussion in the ED forum. It is chatterbox overflow. So I don't go there. And my feelings of deep displeasure go away. Problem solved.


That's the reason I got back on it. I was hoping it would be like it use to be. I was hoping for some interesting conversation with people my own age, and that did not happen.



posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
You can't have a serioud discussion about anything on a forum where everyone's avatar looks like some wimpy japanimation baby doll.

Did you go on there to make a point?

Please don't tell me you're a regular.


So people who use Anime avatars in websites are not serious? The hell of logic is that? I'm afraid I don't follow it. I like Anime myself, and I really wouldn't say I'm immature. I don't visit this Gaia site that was just posted, but I take the freedom to use such imagery in other websites. And people in those other websites, even though are more relaxed than ATS, they can be very serious and have great discussions. With the exception of this Gaia one, that is...

Now back on the topic: First... Yeah, it has a horrible layout.
... And alright, what the heck at their replies?
I hope they are really just preteens... Preteens shouldn't be on the internet as far as my opinion goes anyways ._. .

[edit on 28-11-2009 by Cricious]



posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
ATS is just as immature as that place.
You just didn't notice it yet.

ATS is the same trash.



new topics

top topics



 
2

log in

join