It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Argentina - Giant UFO Causes Huge Commotion 11/26/09

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by william.gauncents

Haha! I have been holding back from commenting on T&L for years! The very day I am frustrated enough to do so and I find someone beats me to it!!

Now how's that for a synchronicity??:-)

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by william.gauncents

The Pheonix Lights sightings were in 1997.
Don't be ridiculous the cell phones from that year were Not the size of a "briefcase".
If you would care to see a comparison, check out this photo at:
www.flickr.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
What a strange direction this thread has taken. A potentially very interesting, mass sighting of something anomalous has somehow turned into a debate about Argentinian mobile phone technology? Sometimes I can really sympathise with the mainstream opinion of UFO researchers/enthusiasts.

It's important to understand that this is only a very sketchy, initial report. It appears, from this initial report, that some sort of anomoly was seen by a number of witnesses, the number of which has already fluctuated wildly from seven thousand to a hundred. In order to establish what, if anything was seen, will take thorough investigation and that, i'm afraid, takes some time.

[edit on 28-11-2009 by Antony270381]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by StevesResearch
reply to post by fleabit

Who's to say some of the residents don't have these technologies?

I find these comments about small town folk not being up to speed with modern conveniences a little insulting. I live in a small town and have these things so why can't they? It annoys me when people imply that because someone lives in a small town they must be country hicks living in conditions similar to a third world country. Stop stereotyping.

How much experience do you have with small towns in foreign countries? I have been working with hundreds of employees who travel to them on a regular basis. As an environmental and construction firm, we are often installing among other things, better Internet services, as many locations have horrid service. It has nothing to do with the small town. I am hardly calling anyone "hicks," don't' jump to conclusions. Usually our folks are out of the loop, as their blackberries or other devices just don't work.

If there is not enough business to warrant cell service, nor Internet service, it won't be there. Has nothing to do with the state of the residents. It takes running actual cable to get these locations active, and not all are worth it, business-wise. If there is no cell towers in the vicinity, there is not much point of having cellphones, is there. And regardless, at 2 am, I doubt any cellphone is going to take a picture of anything in the sky that ends up more than an amorphous blob.

And you are kidding yourself if you think that small towns in foreign countries have the same amenities and luxuries of even small towns in the United States. You think everyone has a digital camera, video camera and computer hooked up to high speed Internet? No.. that's not reality.

And so again, even if NO ONE got pictures, if many saw the object, the lack of video hardly means it did not happen. Why people must immediately jump onto the "omg videos or it didn't happen" bangwagon baffles me. Like I said, Phoenix lights.. 2 videos.. 1.5 million population then. It's hardly rare for something like this to not be filmed en-masse.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Antony270381
What a strange direction this thread has taken. A potentially very interesting, mass sighting of something anomalous has somehow turned into a debate about Argentinian mobile phone technology? Sometimes I can really sympathise with the mainstream opinion of UFO researchers/enthusiasts.

It's important to understand that this is only a very sketchy, initial report. It appears, from this initial report, that some sort of anomoly was seen by a number of witnesses, the number of which has already fluctuated wildly from seven thousand to a hundred. In order to establish what, if anything was seen, will take thorough investigation and that, i'm afraid, takes some time.

[edit on 28-11-2009 by Antony270381]

Lol, you're right. This thread has gone off track, and I'm one of the ones to blame for that so I apologise, I got side tracked by some silly posts.

I'm intrigued by this incident. Could we be on to something big here? What is it about South America that attracts so many spectacular UFO incidents?

Time will tell if this is just another load of bs or something legitimate.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by thomas_

I'd bet you money that those figures are based on the more urban areas. My neighbors are from Argentina (just got to the states 5 years ago) And they say a different story about the farming communities. As well where did you get that info? Anything to back up the claim that Canada and Argentina are on par with each other on their telecomunications infrastructure? Otherwise your just blowing smoke.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by StevesResearch
reply to post by fleabit

Who's to say some of the residents don't have these technologies?

I find these comments about small town folk not being up to speed with modern conveniences a little insulting. I live in a small town and have these things so why can't they? It annoys me when people imply that because someone lives in a small town they must be country hicks living in conditions similar to a third world country. Stop stereotyping.

Well at least one person in Salta has a video recording device:

salta gnome

[edit on 28-11-2009 by A52FWY]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Look, I understand how all that works. Your first two paragraphs cleary illustrate that this could very well be the case in this instance.

Where did I say that I didn't think this happened? Now who's jumping to conclusions?

I don't think they would be as technologically up to speed as towns in the US, (I live in Australia FYI) so don't insult my intelligence.

Do you know where the nearest cell tower is to this town? Is it an area with a poor signal due to trees etc? Have you been there to verify this? Unless you have how can you say for certain?

If you're lumping me in with the "OMG videos or it didn't happen bandwagon" then you need to be careful who you aim your condescending comments at.

[edit on 29-11-2009 by StevesResearch]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by triplesod
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

This is 21st century Argentina, we are talking about. We are not looking at some lonely Andes goat herders!

Just about as obnoxious as American's not understanding how lucky they are with all their luxuries, is Americans who believe that the rest of the World is has only just learnt how to manipulate iron!

[edit on 28-11-2009 by triplesod]

My point exactly.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by JcOg323
reply to post by thomas_

I'd bet you money that those figures are based on the more urban areas. My neighbors are from Argentina (just got to the states 5 years ago) And they say a different story about the farming communities. As well where did you get that info? Anything to back up the claim that Canada and Argentina are on par with each other on their telecomunications infrastructure? Otherwise your just blowing smoke.

I never compared the infrastructure just compared the number of cell phones and internet access points per inhabitant between both to prove the point that Argentina is not a dump living in the stone age. The data is all over the internet, all you need to do is search.

It might not be a first world country (if that still means anything nowadays), but it is a develop country with it's own contrasts like any other. They stores for brands like Diesel, Prada, New Man, Puma, Apple, McDonalds, cell phones, airports, buildings, restaurants, five star hotels, shoppings centers, movie theaters, clubs, imported cars just the same.

So assuming that they wouldn't be able take pictures with cell phones just because they are on a rural area of a South America country and are not part of the G8 it's just ignorance... sorry. Specially when it comes to South America.

If the propose of this site is to deny ignorance than it's time for people to really start to differentiate things and stop doing the easiest thing on this world which is to generalize things.

I'm yet to see a single country in this world (and I've been in quite a few) where you can find any sort of contrast between different areas. The only difference is that 1st world countries have a huge tendency to hide/veil their own contrasts so they are not sold to the world.

Sorry for the off topic rant, but I'm just tired of this lack of world awareness by some also known as the belly button syndrome.

Anyways....

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
In the dimemsion I'm in ,the date is 11/30/2009, 12/26/2009 isnt here yet.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
The Argentinians are utter hypocrites.

These whinny scum like invading other people's countries like the Falklands, but don't like if ALiens do the same to them.

I say, come on you aliens, nuke these scum back into the Stone Age and let's have a good laugh at them, because, hell, why should we care.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by StevesResearch

Allrighty Then! Your links and yourself contradict exactly what you say.

"Australia Enjoys some of the freshest food in the world and is 25% cheaper than other countries". OK, That's not technolgy though is it.

The Statement You made Was that our products were Double the price of products in the States. Wasn't it? Well, that's just wrong. I called you out on it and then you posted links that actually agree with me. You then backpedelled to say "Maybe not double"

So, what's your point? Who Cares?

You can bet your bottom dollar that there are people in 3rd world countries that have Camera's, Phones, TV's, Maybe they even have an Electronic Calculator? There might even be companies that make sure these countries people have access to these sorts of products.

I'm over it, I hope you are too.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by aristocrat2
The Argentinians are utter hypocrites.

These whinny scum like invading other people's countries like the Falklands, but don't like if ALiens do the same to them.

I say, come on you aliens, nuke these scum back into the Stone Age and let's have a good laugh at them, because, hell, why should we care.

lol, you're joking,right?

Islas Malvinas were theirs before the Brits.

Damn Brits, sticking their nose in everywhere. Someone should nuke those meddling b'stards.

Edit: Argentina to beat England in both the Football and Rugby World Cups

[edit on 29-11-2009 by aorAki]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

No such place as Malvinas.

The British discovered them and settled them.

The Falklands are British and they aren't having them back.

We keep a nuclear submarine with a full compliment of nukes on board and have made it clear, if they come back, no reinvasion again. Instead we level their garbage pile of a nation with a full load of Trients straight down their chimneys.

So, bring it on Argies, and make our day!

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Man why do I keep clicking on these stories? The more interesting they
seem the less interesting they are. 7000 people sighting and not one picture.

I to am starting to realise what the MSM means by rolling there eyes all the time. My faith is fading.

[edit on 29-11-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by aristocrat2
reply to post by aorAki

No such place as Malvinas.

The British discovered them and settled them.

The Falklands are British and they aren't having them back.

We keep a nuclear submarine with a full compliment of nukes on board and have made it clear, if they come back, no reinvasion again. Instead we level their garbage pile of a nation with a full load of Trients straight down their chimneys.

So, bring it on Argies, and make our day!

O.k...so it was no joke, just a bigot spouting off.

What a joke

Hmmm, the French probably have a good claim too,eh, since they established the first settlement?
Can't wait for you to hate on the French,too.

Oh, and according to ISO the official name is Falkland Islands (Malvinas).

Way to go, big guy.

[edit on 29-11-2009 by aorAki]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Well, we don't know for certain if there is, or isn't any photographic or video record of it. Just because nothing has surfaced in a whole two days (the horror) doesn't mean that it won't.

The initial report may turn out to be a complete fabrication, however, if there are, as has been speculated, such a vast amount of witnesses it will inevitably take a while (and some leg work) to actually collect any sort of usable data or information.

I'm not sure what use a hastily uploaded video or photograph of this, whatever this was or wasn't, would be anyway. As we see on a daily basis on this site, video is far from reliable and could never be used in isolation to determine whether or not what was seen was "a mother ship."

The value of any footage that may arise from this would be to determine quickly whether or not something did occur and whether it was an example of a rare but known and explicable phenomenon.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ha`la`thaLove people who ridicule so smartly while missing the so obvious.

Gotta love people who believe things so intensely when there isn't any tangible proof.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Absolutey nothing in the news this morning regarding this, just the same article i read from the beginning that was posted with the original thread start.

I'll pop in occassionally but the chat in here dosn't seem to be related to the subject at all, seems like a slagging match about, didn't care much for the UK should be nuked comment either. Don't like someone? nuke em! brilliant view.

Should this go to Skunkworks? or the bin?

October

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join