It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Argentina - Giant UFO Causes Huge Commotion 11/26/09

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by thomas_
reply to post by loner007

Not to mention that Argentina is exactly bellow the South Atlantic Anomaly that has been behaving oddly lately. A few days back the same anomaly was responsible (or at least the most probably cause according to the official investigation) for the blackout in Brazil where Itaipu was simply shut down out of the blue without reason. They do however do their best to not mention the SAA.

Interesting. I had not heard about the SSA before so I looked it up. ( It's part of the Van Allen Radiation Belt that gets closest to the earth's surface.) This SAA is 500 KM above the earths surface.. How then could it cause the problems with the power plant?

en.wikipedia.org...

An Aside, if the VAR belt in this area is strong enough to effect the Hubble where it can't take pictures and the ISS where the ISS needs extra shielding only to go through this small VAR area, then why does NASA say the Apollo folk in their tin can, only got 2 rads of radiation?

I wonder if UFO's are attracted to this area for some reason. Perhaps a study of UFO's sightings over South America is in order.

[edit on 28-11-2009 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by igor_ats

There are no 3er world countries in the world. you are wrong.

do more research esp. 2nd world war, Berlin wall,etc.

We all live in a 1st world country.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Hey there! Im still trying to get some info from this, which is hard because ive got a 'killer' hangover, but anyway, would this story tie-in with web-bots "Over South America" prediction? Im just trying to find a correlative between this and other storys. Hopefully more reports will emerge from this, even if theres a drawing, id be happy, but id obviously like more pictures. Still though, and im just speculating in the "what if" motion that if this UFO had EBE's on board, whats the likely hood that their reptilian? I know im jumping to conclusion, but im thinking Extremly hot weather and maybe that reptiles are cold blooded. Anyway, ive also had a quick look at Internet capacity of South America, Argentina has on 'avarage' of 1000 to 2999 users per 10'000 inhabitants, and these figures are from 2006, so they would have increased, probably doubled. The mobile phone usage, as mentiond in a earlier post, is also quite high, with 80 to 100 cellular mobile subscribers per 100 inhabitants of 2006. Sorry my figures arnt up to date. But back on topic, if there was only a power cut at this town, why would they only want to make their selfs known at this location? And what other outside of town sightings were there? Is the current climate of the town more to their liking..? Im going to have a look at the area and see if theres any thing to contradistinguish between this and the current geological state. Althouh that lake draining story from a few month springs to mind... Anyway, all in speculation of course..

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire

how many of those phones have cameras... i didnt have a phone with a camera till 2007 so i feel like most of the inhabitants of this village still wouldnt

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Raregolddragon

The magnetic field could also be a force field to protect from (space) radiation, in fact, scientists have experimented with magnetic fields around spacecrafts to protect the inhabitans from strong space radiation like the Van Allen radiation belt that sorrounds the Earth.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
Interesting. I had not heard about the SSA before so I looked it up. ( It's part of the Van Allen Radiation Belt that gets closest to the earth's surface.) This SAA is 500 KM above the earths surface.. How then could it cause the problems with the power plant?

en.wikipedia.org...

An Aside, if the VAR belt in this area is strong enough to effect the Hubble where it can't take pictures and the ISS where the ISS needs extra shielding only to go through this small VAR area, then why does NASA say the Apollo folk in their tin can, only got 2 rads of radiation?

I wonder if UFO's are attracted to this area for some reason. Perhaps a study of UFO's sightings over South America is in order.

[edit on 28-11-2009 by JohnPhoenix]

For what I understood of it the currents on the ionosphere induce electric fields on metallic elements on the Earth's surface (transmission lines, etc) so during these geomagnetic storms there is ionization which generates a electric current induction that surpasses hundreds of amperes causing interruptions and such.

The engineers at Itaipu were amazed and couldn't explain why this has happened. Everything was ok until the power started to pulse for reasons other than technical and suddenly everything went off.

Check this out:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/dbd8d8cf22fd128d.jpg[/atsimg]

Each yellow dot is the place where a satellite orbiting Earth has either presented malfunctions or has simply died. Coincidently most are over the SAA.

I was reading on NASA's site and it seems that they tend to avoid making satellites passing trough that area in low altitudes, and when forced to do so they tend to either put them on a safe mode, functioning with the bare minimum or turn them off until they get out of that area to prevent damage.

Some argue that there might be a large (huge) block of metal underneath that part of the globe that causes this, but nobody really knows it's real cause for what I know.

Lots of speculations, theories but nothing more than that to explain it.

The connection between the SAA and UFOs is really interesting and it's something to be considered. That are tends to be a hot zone for UFO sightings and oddly enough it's tends to be completely overlooked by most.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by guidanceofthe third kind

Now thats a question i cant answer. I know i had a camara phone in about 2004. But i live in Wales (UK). Id guesstamate that out of all those phones, about 30% of them. Although, that is a GUESS. There are a lot of topics on ATS that are about this area in General. Ive read most of them, but im stumped now. Untill i can get on a P.C, because my phone and my brain is acting at a snails pace today. I wonder if the supposed alien base in the Andes is the point of origin/destination? No idea.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Completely off topic but just connecting the loose dots here

Not to mention that the Air France that went down in there was also inside or near the area encompassed by the SAA. So if the SAA can shutdown the largest hydroelectric power plant in the world it could very well shutdown a plane during flight forcing it to dive out of control into the Ocean.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Cricious

Living in Australia this stuff is also imported from overseas, and the cost of these items is double what it is in the US here as well. There's no reason to assume that people in this small town in Argentina can't also afford these things.

I didn't think you were doubting this story, I'm just saying it's possible that the technology to document this mass sighting might exist there.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by guidanceofthe third kind

how many of those phones have cameras... i didnt have a phone with a camera till 2007 so i feel like most of the inhabitants of this village still wouldnt

Cell phones are disposable, nobody nowadays stays with the same cell phone for over two years. And phones with cameras are pretty much standard nowadays, not to mention cheap.

You can buy pre-paid cell phones (which cost more) with a crappy camera in Argentina for about ~60 USD.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
4 minutes that will make some here posting crap about foreign countries a bit smarter

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Hey Esrom,

Care to share the web-bot predictions you've mentioned?

I haven't heard about them and it got me interested.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
If it ain't on Youtube it ain't real.

I love the logic of some of these kids.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Interesting though I know the aliens are among us all along.

Most probably their cloaking mechanism malfunctioned
- causing temporarily visible to human eyes or
- wrong switch between dimensions

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by william.gauncents

Originally posted by internos
People living there have other priorities than film ufos.

Here's a good example from Italy:

What kind of statement is this?

Do you think that just by coming in and stating the name of "Internos" and replying to Jonnyannoyaoldflhowiehf" gives him any credit?

Giving good examples of pics and videos doesn't do this thread any credit without proof.

There are times where even trolls can provide sharp, witty, and intelligent observations - but this isn't one of them!

You're really building up a list of fans!

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by internos

Pictures available: 1
this one

+
hundreds of reports filed by Police, carabinieri and firefighters.
So what, it didn't happen?

We are at some very early stage of investigations, as said i've involved a fellow member from Argentina. If the story is a crock, then you can bet he will say it. To me, the story looks very interesting.

[edit on 28/11/2009 by internos]

Once again my friend, you've produced some awesome material. That photo blows me away!

I can't wait to have a chat with you about this one

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I'm just waiting for the time someone says those are Chinese lanterns, that's the ordinary excuse for anything that hovering and it is reddish

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyAnonymous
I would just like to say that you folks are pretty quick to dismiss a sighting based on what technologies "You" assume that everyone in the world has.. Even if these folks have phone service, that doesn't mean that they own cell phones, it doesn't mean that they own computers, it doesn't mean that they even know what "YouTube" is much less AboveTopSecret.com.

For those who can't believe there are places on Earth where large communities are void of common, everyday, telecommunication devices, I invite you to Sichuan Province.

A case in point: there is a village not too far from where I live in Chengdu City. About three years ago, the entire population of this village (about 3000 people), watched for about an hour, an extremely large UFO hover over a nearby mountain. The UFO was pulsating bright green and orange, and had the entire village transfixed. I was intrigued by this incident, that occurred only an hour and a halfs drive away from my home. I was able to verify this incident beyond doubt. I was expecting there to be photos galore, and maybe some video.

Guess what? Nothing. Most of the villagers were too poor to have a phone, let alone a phone/camera.

Even in my city, where some of the wealthiest Chinese live, many homes do not have a landline. They use a communal phone that is usually found in a corner shop. A very similar situation to the one Johnny Anonymous described, and was subsequently poo-hahed for!

There seem to be a lot of cultural experts on this board, who have probably never left their parent's basement, let alone visited another country! Our resident Troll, william.gauncents has proved himself to be one such genius
I'll spare the others the embarrassment and humiliation of having their names lumped with his.

[edit on 28-11-2009 by mckyle]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Excellent thread as usual easynow
I think this is going to become a big issue as the days go by, as the word gets out, I think Lightning can just about be dismissed for the power outage, places like that have a lot of storms usually, so protection from a lightning strike would be paramount in stopping it becoming a regular occurrence.

Looking forward to more.

I got to admit, I thought some of the excuses used before this thread where a little ridiculous, but a lot of them on this thread are making those others look damn right intelligent.

Dismissing a huge multiple witness sighting because of misguided ideas about what people use by means of communication is taking the whole thing to a new level.

What would be the other answer? one person saw the object, then ran around the city telling everyone, who then all decided to tall a tale, but all getting the details the same as each other? ROFLMAO.

It seems the details are only just starting to filter out, having just happened in the past few days, it needs the time to filter into some sense and become a sighting which can at the very least be deciphered in a reasonable way.

Who knows whether the sighting is real? nobody but those directly involved, nobody but those right there right now really knows what is happening, for all anybody knows, a knock on effect of the blackout could mean that the internet has gone down, happens all the time in one part of the Planet or another.

It's called patience, give it a try, it pays dividends and stops you looking incredibly stupid when pictures do appear, if they appear, just because it didn't happen in your front room, while your playing on your x box, does not mean it is not real, stop thinking the whole World happens in the square mile you live in, get off your arse and go and see what wonders the World has to offer outside your bedroom, go and take a look at something so magnificent it takes your breath away as you realize that on the grand scale of things, you are nothing more than something a school kid would see under a microscope, stop taking the World for granted.

Everything you use, think about it, instead of just using it, where did it come from? who designed it, who built it, who built the machine to build it, who made the material it's made of, who sold it, why did you buy it, every single thing has a story, my point? shops are not magical places where things magically appear, just like Humans all live their lives in a different way, there seems to be a consensus however that we all act and do and feel the same way as you do, TBH, I am so happy we don't, I like life with a bit of excitement and curiosity.

if you look at the World like what I suggested, you may just get the fact that everything you do take for granted even the floss for your teeth has had the thoughts of thousands of people go into it so you can use it.

So dismissing something supposedly seen by thousands of people has to have a story, a start a middle, an end, try asking where did the story come from, instead of jumping to what you think is the last page and making up your own ending.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

Well said azzlin

Some people really do need to get a life and get out of their basement.
Experiencing other cultures changes one's perceptions and perspectives permanently!

[edit on 28-11-2009 by mckyle]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join