It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Argentina - Giant UFO Causes Huge Commotion 11/26/09

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

Good job Internos. Star for you!

I call this: evidence!

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
well if the ufo are having an impact on electrical items when they fly over then all mobiles and cameras will not work also will they? So maybe thats why no images have surfaced

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cricious
Don't expect to see pictures anytime soon guys, if ever. I am saying this for the pictures and its overall relieve in Google Earth it looks a lot like a semi-rural/farming area. I don't know much about Argentina as I have never been there, but I live in the country right above it and I can tell you that here, those who have cellphones in semi-rural areas will have a cellphone in black and white, at most. I really wouldn't expect anyone out of those 7,500 people having a cellphone camera with them when this occurred. But if someone does have a cellphone with camera and took pictures/video, then I guess we are lucky

On another note, I find it funny how this UFO phenomena appears in many parts of South America, but barely, out of the UFO cases in Bolivia, none of them ever seem to hit the international media.

[edit on 28-11-2009 by Cricious]

The problem here is too many members on ATS are stereotyping.
Let's not make assumptions about how many creature comforts the residents have. Unless you've been to this town you really don't know. I live in a small town/rural area yet I enjoy ADSL2 Broadband internet, a mobile phone with a 3 megapixel camera and excellent reception, HD Plasma TV etc. There's no reason to think the residents of the town where this alledged sighting took place don't also enjoy the same comforts.

It will be interesting to see how this story developes.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Fake!! It's obviously CGI..

Wait, too soon?

There appear a lot of people stating there are a lot of UFO sighting reports lately, but I don't recall any that were any different than the last few years.

We need to step back and think before we conclude anything. I'm also with Johnny. I don't even have a mobile phone (no need) and I don't own a decent camera, the best I've got if it ever came down to it would be a poxy chinese rip off mp4 player with a

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Sounds real to me . I don't know about 7500 witnesses at

2 am though . Most people would be snoring . And at 2-300 metres ,

that is only small , not a mothership , more like a scout .

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by JcOg323

The proportion of internet access per habitant in Argentina is practically the same as the one in Canada. So the chances of someone with internet access in there would be more or less the same as if this had happened in some remote area in Canada. No need for the "third world" cheap excuse, were are not talking Somalia here.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by internos
People living there have other priorities than film ufos.

Here's a good example from Italy:

What kind of statement is this?

Do you think that just by coming in and stating the name of "Internos" and replying to Jonnyannoyaoldflhowiehf" gives him any credit?

Giving good examples of pics and videos doesn't do this thread any credit without proof.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Thanks for posting the story :-) S+F.
I look forward to seeing how it unfolds.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by loner007

There is big difference between DC stuff that are not connected to a power grid and AC stuff that is.

Not to mention that Argentina is exactly bellow the South Atlantic Anomaly that has been behaving oddly lately. A few days back the same anomaly was responsible (or at least the most probably cause according to the official investigation) for the blackout in Brazil where Itaipu was simply shut down out of the blue without reason. They do however do their best to not mention the SAA.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by StevesResearch

Originally posted by Cricious
Don't expect to see pictures anytime soon guys, if ever. I am saying this for the pictures and its overall relieve in Google Earth it looks a lot like a semi-rural/farming area. I don't know much about Argentina as I have never been there, but I live in the country right above it and I can tell you that here, those who have cellphones in semi-rural areas will have a cellphone in black and white, at most. I really wouldn't expect anyone out of those 7,500 people having a cellphone camera with them when this occurred. But if someone does have a cellphone with camera and took pictures/video, then I guess we are lucky

On another note, I find it funny how this UFO phenomena appears in many parts of South America, but barely, out of the UFO cases in Bolivia, none of them ever seem to hit the international media.

The problem here is too many members on ATS are stereotyping.
Let's not make assumptions about how many creature comforts the residents have. Unless you've been to this town you really don't know. I live in a small town/rural area yet I enjoy ADSL2 Broadband internet, a mobile phone with a 3 megapixel camera and excellent reception, HD Plasma TV etc. There's no reason to think the residents of the town where this alledged sighting took place don't also enjoy the same comforts.

It will be interesting to see how this story developes.

Well, if you find a farm worker with ADSL2 Broadband internet, a mobile phone with a 3 megapixel camera and excellent reception, HD Plasma TV, and others, then you certainly have found a small Bill Gates in the Area. That stuff is imported from other countries, mostly the US. Things like HD TVs, cellphones, and other technology gadjets are usually worth double than its original price. Although that's another topic for another time

I am not even saying this story is false because I actually think there is a high chance of it being true, I was just pointing out the possible economical status of the area based on images and my personal knowledge of these sort of Areas in South America.

Originally posted by thomas_
reply to post by loner007

There is big difference between DC stuff that are not connected to a power grid and AC stuff that is.

Not to mention that Argentina is exactly bellow the South Atlantic Anomaly that has been behaving oddly lately. A few days back the same anomaly was responsible (or at least the most probably cause according to the official investigation) for the blackout in Brazil where Itaipu was simply shut down out of the blue without reason. They do however do their best to not mention the SAA.

Yeah, it's like magnetism is acting up lately. Just last night, the energy almost went off. It wasn't anything big, as it was just one of those power sortages that make the lights blink and kill the internet. It could be related to the fact there have been many thunderstorms lately as well, but I don't hear any of them land, at least not on my area.

(I have fixed like 20 typos on this post so far. I really suck at typing, apparently)

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by william.gauncents

Originally posted by internos
People living there have other priorities than film ufos.

Here's a good example from Italy:

What kind of statement is this?

Do you think that just by coming in and stating the name of "Internos" and replying to Jonnyannoyaoldflhowiehf" gives him any credit?

Giving good examples of pics and videos doesn't do this thread any credit without proof.

Mate, check out the mushrooms you are putting into your pizzas, because the issue could be there. As i've said we are at some early stage of investigation, And Johnny just used his brain, unlike someone else. The case is just born, and of course is not your post that will debunk it. Be respectful with your fella, dont get us (especially ME) mad at you.

[edit on 28/11/2009 by internos]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I did a google news search and these are the related articles I found. Each contains one picture. Run your translators if you want the article in English. I do not know how credible these news sources are. Personally I don't think they are great photos but I'll let you be the judge of that.

Article 1

Article 2

Article 3

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by OneNationUnder

Well that ends it... OneNationUnder has closed the case.. its a fake report.

No sense waiting around to see if anyone with half sense and one eye might figure out it was seen in a small town in the middle of nowhere at 2am by about 7500 drunken South Americans and only a couple of days ago which might mean it will take a few days for any photos to surface.

Sheeesh!

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Is this video connected to the sighting. 12/11/09

Daytime unknown light in the sky above Buenos Aires

[edit on 28-11-2009 by tarifa37]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

No video........So all we have is "eye witness" evidence....Sorry but that just doesn't cut it.

Me and my girlfriend just saw 10 UFO's, one landed in our back garden, past wind and then flew off again.

Honest, there are like 7 houses around us and it made everyone switch there lights on.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Hi,
I think so far neither the presented pictures nor the video are connected to the sighting in the OP. The sighting took place at 2am in the middle of the night. The pictures and the video are all daytime sightings.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

It is highly likely that if the main electric grid was blown out, that any electronic devices like cell phones or video cams were also blown out. Remember those things called FILM CAMERAS? Well, if per chance somebody happened to have an actual film camera, and also a roll of film loaded in, and in the excitement of the event remembered to get the camera, we may see a picture surface at some point... but only after the film gets developed, the picture gets scanned, and the it gets loaded onto the web. It may also require a UFO researcher to go there and interview people, at which time somebody will come forth and say "Oh, by the way, my brother Jose took a picture with his Kodak camera... would you like to see it?"

I can tell you, a few weeks ago there was a building that caught fire across the street and I'm the one who saw the smoke and called the fire department. The blaze was big, and also I saw a guy walking past the scene who wasn't looking at the fire at all, as if he was trying to look normal, but was in reality looking very abnormal. Even though I have a digital camera and a very nice video camera, I didn't think of filming anything until the fire was actually out because the excitement of the flames burning that building occupied all my attention. Once I thought of it, I kicked myself for not filming it, since I'm sure the news would have appreciated the video had I remembered to take it.

My point is, it would be nice if people showed more restraint in jumping the gun when it comes to dismissing the testimony of others. It's really too bad that there is no penalty for doing that, like a public "we told you so" pillory, where the offending pre-judgers have to stand while the more prudent citizens get to hurl "we told you so" accusations at them as they pass by.

Anyhow, I think we should take this report as a possibly valid report, and hope for some photo or video evidence in the days or weeks ahead.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by JcOg323
If it happened yesterday and they didn't get power back up until 11:30 AM. That gives the people in the town, a day and a half with which to have power to even be able to utilize a computer. And lets think about this. A small town surrounded by soybeans. So the town is filled with day laborers and farmers. In a third world country in a remote town. How many of those people do you think have immediate access to the internet?

You say things like "Small Town, 3rd world country, remote, farmers and laborers." You give the impression that this place is so backward that no one could have taken pictures and put them on the internet.

I disagree with that impression.

If you examine the place in Google earth, you will find its a rather big city with tons of cars and modern buildings. It has it's own airport. It's Argentina's 8th largest city with a population of 464,678 inhabitants as of the 2001 census. Farmers and laborers make up only a small portion of their people.

Here is the city on Google Earth: 24°46'58.56"S 65°24'43.76"W

More info here: en.wikipedia.org...

If this story is real, we will get pictures. If it is not, we won't get a one.

Has someone checked if MUFON or the other big UFO watchers have more info on this story? This is a Great story and I'd like it to be real. But with cameras and video cameras all over the place because it's a hot tourist spot in Argentina, it's really impossible for me to believe no pictures or video footage was taken. If nothing turns up i n a day or two I'd say we have been had.

EDIT to answer question below:

I didn't see those pictures until after i posted this.. but there are discrepancies in those pics.. 1 does not look like the other two and one of the similar ones is a very bad pic.. I dunno.. my jury is still out.. people would have not taken just one picture.. they would use whole rolls of film.. if real, there must be more pictures.

[edit on 28-11-2009 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
what about the 3 pictures that have been posted. are they fakes?

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Yes can tell age and deductions here are done by young kids who can't add without the aid of calculator,last I remember digital and video cameras ran off electricity or batterys,and just because some you run around with video cameras and digitals,doesn't mean everyone else does,some people have other prioritys,so general dismissal shows a piece of ignorance,I have 3 young teens,I see this everyday,come on now think past your cell phones and laptops

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join