It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Argentina - Giant UFO Causes Huge Commotion 11/26/09

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
thats cool... i hope someone there had a video phone and remembered to make a video.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by OneNationUnder

by that logic, the millions of people that cheat on their husbands and wives, never cheated because none of them have pictures to prove it. wait for more info before jumping on that bandwagon

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
If it happened yesterday and they didnt get power back up until 11:30 AM. That gives the people in the town, a day and a half with which to have power to even be able to utilize a computer. And lets think about this. A small town surrounded by soybeans. So the town is filled with day laborers and farmers. In a third world country in a remote town. How many of those people do you think have immediate access to the internet? Im not saying its fake or real. But to just instantly assume its fake, with out giving the situation a chance to develop is absurd. Its exactly the problem with people nowdays, if it doesnt fit into their little box, it cant be real. JUST GO BURY YOUR HEADS IN THE SAND. And this type of attitude is degrading the quality of this site. Its okay to be wary of things like this, but give them a chance to develop before you throw your negative thoughts around.

And man I feel like a freakin Kindergarden teacher for having to even say this. But if the worlds governments are covering up UFO's. And there is real quality footage of that event that shows the ufo clearly, do you really think there just gonna let it stay on the net? Or do you think the internet is some fairytale place where anything can be said and done and those in charge wont notice or act upon it??? CMON

[edit on 27-11-2009 by JcOg323]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
How many people took photos or video of the flares in Phoenix? Three total, I think? They had a population of around 1.5 million when that happened. So no.. not everyone has a camera ready to click. And this just happened a day ago. AND I doubt they have the latest technological gadgets there. Do we even know if cell phones WORK there? I often end up with people I support not having phone service when they do work in third world countries, or smaller towns like this one.

People can't wait to debunk stuff. Kind of sad really. Perhaps wait until more facts present themselves before you start your debunking parade.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Well to be fair the whole lack camera issue is most likely due to the UFO.

It happens more often then you think. Something about the what makes a UFO fly or levitates drain electric power. I have had a few UFO encounters in the past. It seems that DC currents get drained faster or are just effected more by it. I had only one case when a UFO flew over my home and all it did was cause a 10 min brownout. But all the cars battery's where dead as well as everything else that used battery's, flash lights, gameboy, radio clocks.

Now I do have another idea as to why DC is more effected by UFO's then and AC current. Most power is ran via AC so there is more for the UFO to effect or to suck up what ever the case might be. While most battery's that use DC have fix amount of power in them.

So if you read this much you have most likely figured out that there lack of UFO film here is the fact all the camera battery's and phone battery's where drained dead by the UFO.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
How many people took photos or video of the flares in Phoenix? Three total, I think? They had a population of around 1.5 million when that happened. So no.. not everyone has a camera ready to click.

There is no way you can even compare the technology back from the Phoenix sightings as to what is readily available now.

Cell phones back them came in the package of almost a briefcase and did not take pics or vids even if you did have one and could even afford it.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by william.gauncents]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Interesting!

This could rival the Belgian UFO wave case if people have matching descriptions and possibly footage/images of the supposed craft.

I look forward to see more information.

+21 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I would just like to say that you folks are pretty quick to dismiss a sighting based on what technologies "You" assume that everyone in the world has.. Even if these folks have phone service, that doesn't mean that they own cell phones, it doesn't mean that they own computers, it doesn't mean that they even know what "YouTube" is much less AboveTopSecret.com.

I lived in the Capital of Colombia for several years when I was younger and while we here in the US were enjoying the wonders of color TV, phonographs, tapedecks, etc... Only the very rich owned a TV there and even then it was in poor quality Black and White. Most people went to one location to make a phonecall on the street (Payphone). Everyone got their news from the newspapers, and it would be shared from house to house as 98% of the populace was dirt poor.

So please people.. use some common sense when you post your comments... Not everyone is as lucky as you and I to live in a technological world with numerous creature comforts..

Johnny

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Well put, Johnny. It is astounding that many of our younger and otherwise highly informed citizens are so woofully ignorant as to their privilaged place in the world. We have truely become at times "the ugly American". We also could sometimes just give the story a bit of time to come forward. Patience truely is a virtue.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
If anything good was available the Ufologists would turn things
around and accuse the cell phone witness with bogus date codes
on the EXIF. Ever hear of contamination by the investigators, like
in the OJ trial. Better details are done with witnesses and an artist.
We have reports of metallic ufos or balloons that turn into purple
ufos or balloons. Which one was it. Purple or metallic.
Light bending radiation surrounds the craft.
We can't understand these things like we still can not understand
the documents from greatest scientist ever alive. All locked up
until someone can tell us what he said.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyAnonymous
I would just like to say that you folks are pretty quick to dismiss a sighting based on what technologies "You" assume that everyone in the world has.. Even if these folks have phone service, that doesn't mean that they own cell phones, it doesn't mean that they own computers, it doesn't mean that they even know what "YouTube" is much less AboveTopSecret.com.

I lived in the Capital of Colombia for several years when I was younger and while we here in the US were enjoying the wonders of color TV, phonographs, tapedecks, etc... Only the very rich owned a TV there and even then it was in poor quality Black and White. Most people went to one location to make a phonecall on the street (Payphone). Everyone got their news from the newspapers, and it would be shared from house to house as 98% of the populace was dirt poor.

So please people.. use some common sense when you post your comments... Not everyone is as lucky as you and I to live in a technological world with numerous creature comforts..

Johnny

I agree completely. About 6 years ago my daughter was in school with a young girl from South America (I can't remember where exactly) I remember my daughter telling me about her, and how she had only used a computer once, and from the sound of it, it was a very old, out of date machine. She had never been on the internet, or used cell phones before coming here.

I don't know much about the Geography, but if this is a small town in Argentina as it seems to be then the lack of phones and cameras may not be that surprising. I will agree though that if some type of photo or video would surface, no matter how bad the quality, it would add a lot of validity to the sighting.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Maybe,just maybe (as alluded to earlier) the 'UFO' disabled the cameras etc so people couldn't capture images?

Lovely vid internos.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
It's always the Mexicans and Brazillians who get all the love. Come over here instead, we have cameras!

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyAnonymous
Even if these folks have phone service, that doesn't mean that they own cell phones, it doesn't mean that they own computers, it doesn't mean that they even know what "YouTube" is much less AboveTopSecret.com.

Because of course the natural reaction would be when you see something like that is youtube or abovetopsecret.com (nice plug)

Well, we don't live back in the days of phonographs, tapedecks, 8 tracks and so on. Spin it however you like.

So please people.. use some common sense when you post your comments... Not everyone is as lucky as you and I to live in a technological world with numerous creature comforts.

Johnny

We have 7 continents on this world we call earth and Argentina covers about 1/2 on 1 of them with plenty of airports.

No FFA reports?

Hey Johnny, what happened to your attempts at being a news anchor?

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Don't expect to see pictures anytime soon guys, if ever. I am saying this for the pictures and its overall relieve in Google Earth it looks a lot like a semi-rural/farming area. I don't know much about Argentina as I have never been there, but I live in the country right above it and I can tell you that here, those who have cellphones in semi-rural areas will have a cellphone in black and white, at most. I really wouldn't expect anyone out of those 7,500 people having a cellphone camera with them when this occurred. But if someone does have a cellphone with camera and took pictures/video, then I guess we are lucky

On another note, I find it funny how this UFO phenomena appears in many parts of South America, but barely, out of the UFO cases in Bolivia, none of them ever seem to hit the international media.

[edit on 28-11-2009 by Cricious]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by igor_ats

Don't you know that they don't have cell phones, cars, buildings and they all walk naked on third world countries?

Please...

WAKE UP!!!!

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by william.gauncents

if they have mobile phones in somalia then surely they would have some too...

and how did they pull the 7,500 people were up at 2am figure...

[edit on 28/11/09 by spender]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Thank you for being able to put into words my own thoughts. I have been living in San Ramòn de la Nueva Oràn, VERY close to Salta, for one year. It would have surprised me if it would have happened the contrary, meaning plenty of videos now: now that would have been fishy.
People living there have other priorities than film ufos.

Here's a good example from Italy:
UFOs Parma August 10 2007:
Number of witnesses: thousands

Videos available: 2
This one

And this one

Pictures available: 1
this one

+
hundreds of reports filed by Police, carabinieri and firefighters.
So what, it didn't happen?

We are at some very early stage of investigations, as said i've involved a fellow member from Argentina. If the story is a crock, then you can bet he will say it. To me, the story looks very interesting.

[edit on 28/11/2009 by internos]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Cricious

This means nothing. So now just because it's a rural area people don't have money to afford cell phones with cameras. You guys are certainly living in another world.

Argentina had 40 million cell phones in use by 2007 practically 1 cell phone for each habitant, more than the number of cell phones per habitant in the US today. Now we are in 2009 so just take a wild guess.

And the rural areas there a packed with rich people do to their bovine meat and leather.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I know, it's more important to know how many people see stuff than working on their economy and technology.

Teslandlyne should come up with another good response now that no one will pay any attention to at all.

Wait, I'll do it for Teslandlyne

The foos only new about the Germans.
Tesla said only the foos new about the.
Tesla's coil was put under
Tesla
Illuminati.
Tesla
Illuminati
Tesla.
The foos and Germany.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>