It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Peace.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Jackboot.Heel

Wow, harsh, although I certainly can respect that. You think what you think. We have to have a dialogue in order to have a monologue, so the muzzles must come off, but only to the extent that we are seeking a true solution, and not seeking to be "right." Nevertheless, it is not true that if one can, one will. It is true, for now, that someone will, but everybody has a choice, even though those in real positions of selfish power try to convince the sentients that they are robots. I know the rules of the ever-present game backwards and forwards. I perceive its nuances very well. I can be an empty mirror to an empty mirror quite easily. I see how we are divided against our very selves, and I could exploit that quite easily, if I WILL. However, I am not a supporter of this quite ironic freeDOM, the right to ruthlessly manipulate and dominate the other in a blood lust devoid of empathy, as if such is a virtue. Domination at no cost. Free domination. What inevitably happens is that the craftiest, most ruthless, selfish beast ascends to the top of the pyramid in this order. This order of war, domination and manipulation, divide and conquer, master and slave. The devil's drama. Round and round it goes, and where it stops noBODY knows. The cycle's are quickening my friend. Those of us with a mind have willed it so for 1000's of years. Many have planted seeds that are and will continue to come to fruition. I have no desire to return to the jungle, as many seeking this freeDOM seem to both want and deserve. If you think war is "natural," then you have no capacity to see outside of a specific loop. There are other loops, other dramas my friend, ones that are much more bountiful and beautiful and expansive, in such a way that what is created does not sink back into the quicksand. End game is right around the corner. Checkmate for us, for the devil did not realize it was merely a beastly ego masquerading as the divine, the most predictable of things. Problem, reaction, solution. Mindless. If one knows the past paths of the "devil," then one knows its future paths. It gets caged, and forgotten, dissolving into nothingness.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by orwellianunenlightenment
As already stated, it is the gender war that breeds physical war. Male human animals self-identify as men, and NOT women or spirit. Female human animals self-identify as women, and NOT men or spirit. This necessitates that one be the logical dominant, while the other is the emotional dominant. "Woman" weaves a drama, ringing a bell so that man might be a character to resolve her drama. Man logically commands woman, trying to keep her in check, all to make sure that either the drama is woven in his favor or for the perceived benefit of all.

I don't mean to be dismissive, but on what criteria do you base this theory other than perhaps personal experience (clearly bad ones at that, if you don't mind me saying)? Man does not 'logically' command woman and 'woman' holds very little force, emotionally or otherwise in the modern arena of warfare. I may be inclined to say that on your average saturday night pub crawl, women do tend to have an impact in compelling men to violent outbursts, but that is not war, that is a fight and it is by no means the same thing. And, these days, in terms of drunken violence, women are as bad as men and tend to fight it out amongst themselves.

Men and women are not rivals, we are both necessary and while we may have evolved towards different roles in society, those roles have equal import. And, over the past fifty years those roles have changed dramatically. As they have for every fifty or so year period previously. It took several hundred thousand years for man to create settlements and become domesticated, we have been living a fairly un-natural existence since then, one that we must constantly adapt to.

Originally posted by orwellianunenlightenment
In this hyper-sexualized society in which we live, it is the natural order for women to be ruthless, manipulative, web-weaving, man-eating and virtuous woman-eating black widows. Total C word. It is natural for men in this drama to be ruthless, dominating, controlling commanders.

The majority of men that fall into that criteria are far from commanders, they are grunts, foot soldiers, cannon fodder. Dominant women tend to choose submissive men, and vice versa, if we are talking psycho-sexualism. In terms of war, all either sex is required to do is follow orders, so-called gender roles are irrelevent. You have a somewhat twisted perception of women which indicates that your theory is far too biased towards the personal for it to be reflective of the wider problem that the OP is addressing.

Besides, the chief reason why we still go and fight battles that are not our own is because we are paid a wage to do so, men and women, and we are told that by doing so we are defending 'our way of life'. Most of the men and women who do that do so because the military offers them a way out of their socio-economic situation and therefore the opportunity for a better way of life. Gender roles, positive or negative, have minimal impact upon that decision in the vast majority of cases.

I agree with you that in order to fight wars in far off countries we have to be brainwashed to an extent and we certainly have to be indocrinated and de-sensitised to fight the 'enemy', but the rest, I apologise, but I genuinely do not understand your reasoning.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
War and conquest may have gotten us to this point in time but that does not mean we need to continue war and conquest in order to advance. There is no need for a land grab or resource grab in a global economy. When all nations become dependent on one another for survival then war is a loose loose scenario.

War today is not really fought over natural resources because those go on the open market regardless. It seems more about ideology which is far worse. Fighting a war based on religious ideology does not advance anyone. It actually drags mankind backwards.

The military industrial complex will always seek an enemy because of greed and fear. Those two things are keeping humanity from really advancing. Instead of putting resources and minds into fighting wars we could be putting those things towards improving the lives of everyone. Earth really could be a paradise for humans but we it seems are our worst enemy.

[edit on 29-11-2009 by ViperFoxBat]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Humans are pretty much violent, savage beasts. We are freaking carnivorous apes...you don't get to the top of the food chain without thumpin' skulls and taking names.

There is some evidence we cannibalized the Neandertals when we swarmed into Europe. Nice.

I think the future direction of human evolution is towards greater psychopathy. People who lack empathy, who are more easily able to stab others in the back and climb over them, are rewarded by society. It seems to be getting worse. Fortunately I'll be dead by then. "Dig me up and tell me about it," as my dear old granddad used to say.

However, there is some hope. Human skulls are thinner (more gracile) than they were 50,000 years ago, suggesting less violence. We needed to trust each other to some extent at least so we could build settled communities and cities. So I think we have the potential to evolve in more positive directions. The crusty old cynic in me sees it as sadly unlikely, at least for a while.

[edit on 11/29/09 by silent thunder]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join