It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell happened this morning?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
At about 5 AM this morning, the power went out. The houses across the street still had power, but everyone on my side of the street and everyone within a few blocks behind my house was without power. After 10 minutes or so, I started hearing sirens. The sirens came and went, but I kept hearing them for the next hour. At one point, I saw an ambulance going down another street. Its lights were flashing, but it wasn't going very fast. A fire truck went up my street very slowly with its lights flashing. It also had very bright side lights on...I've never seen these lights before, and with their position and intensity it seemed like they were being used to look at (or between) the houses. A bit later, another fire truck (or it could have been the same one) went down my street in the opposite direction, though this time no lights were on.

The power came back on around 6 AM. The weirdest part, however, is that I've seen nothing on the local news about this. Nothing on TV at 6 AM and nothing on the websites of local stations and papers. I really can't believe that the power going out and then all the sirens going a few minutes later was a coincidence, but there's just no one reporting it. I live in St. Paul, MN.

Anyone have any thoughts? The media blackout here is confusing me.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I dont understand why you find this unusual. The power and the emergency services could be a coincidence or related (maybe someone was electrocuted). Just because the media isnt reporting it doesnt indicate that there was some kind of media black out.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Tsuki-no-Hikari

Perhaps if you called the power company, they could explain what happend to you?

Maybe a transformer blew, and they were worried people had been injured?

dunno. i'm no electrician.

but call the company. they'll help you out, i'm sure.

peace.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
That would certainly rattle me a bit as well, I recently had military drills conducted in my neighborhood that drove me to stay with a friend in another city for a few days.

If you're still on edge about what happened, just remind yourself that the ambulance and fire engines are operated by the city you live in, I wouldn't be too concerned until you start seeing government vehicles containing the letters DHS on the license plates.

I think TrueTruth is right, call the power company. As a paying customer it is your right to inquire about loss of service.

Update this thread if you find out what happened, now I'm curious.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Tsuki-no-Hikari

A car crashed into a power box, Einstein.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by cannibalman

now that was just mean.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
It is likely that a vehicle, lightning, or something like that took out a transformer box. It can a quick bright flash or fire. They were probably attempting to locate it or something related to it with the lights you saw flashing between the houses.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
might be an idea to tell us where your living if your going to ask what happened..

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Posts like this are just unnecessary, but I proud of you for correctly spelling a double syllable name, Einstein none the less...cool.

Back on topic, care to provide a source for your wealth of knowledge on this subject?

I can hardly wait...........

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldDisorder

Yea, here's a source for ya: Commonsense.
Why look for the outlandish when blackouts from such things are more than common?
Ambulances, blackout on one section of the powergrid, kinda sounds like a massive conspiracy/coverup aye? Oh no wait, it doesn't sound like that at all. It sounds like it could be a car crashed into a powerbox.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
More than likely an accident involving 1 or 2 vehicles and a telephone pole with a transformer on it, hence the blackout of your row of houses and not the others.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
You can call the electric co., they should be able to tell you. other then that, maybe invest in a hand held police scanner that can work off a charge. Great to have. Unfortunately my scanner only works via electric only, but even so, before power goes out here, we usually get the gist of the problem right before it cuts out. Good luck!

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

I'm trying to figure out what part of my post lead you to believe I was calling this a conspiracy...

Either way I agree with you that this was likely caused by some sort of accident or human error, however, making a statement like

"A car crashed into a power box, Einstein."

just makes you sound like a jackass. Your source is common sense? Ok, the World Trade centers were brought down by controlled demolition, the official story is therefore debunked on "common sense".

I would provide you with a solid source that I've hacked from the pentagon, but common sense is so much easier.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by NewWorldDisorder]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
When an area suffers a power cut some sophiscated alarms think someone or something has happened to cut the power and will sound the alarm this goes for police fire and ambulance. Business will have fire and police alarms Healthcare facilities may have alarms to call ambulance. So seeing all the emergency vehicles isnt that much of a surprise.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by loner007]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
A drunk driver hit a power pole. It happens to my house every week or so. Thousands of people live in my area and there is only one road that goes from town(where the bars are) to the area, so everyone drunk drives on it and depending on what pole they hit makes different areas power go out. When somebody either calls 911 or they get reports of power going out and its not scheduled, they send out an ambulance and a fire truck. They don't always know what pole was hit, so they need to drive around looking for the crash.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

The correct term is Power Pole with a transformer and communications lines on it. Since Telephone, CATV and others lease the space on these poles from the power company. The only reference to Telephone Pole would be when only the telephone lines were on the pole.
And if you were here in the area I am in, Puerto Rico, you'd have a weekly thread on this subject

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Uptown Minneapolis checking in.

An hour power outage isn't likely to get media coverage, especially if it was isolated to your block.

What neighborhood do you live in? I could ask around, I got loads of friends over that way.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueTruth

A car crashed into a power box, Einstein.

now that was just mean.

One liners are for chat rooms.

Is this some kind of feeble attempt at finding a conspiracy in you're own
neighborhood.

All kidding aside this is one of the things I love about this place. SnF
for taken the heat.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

And in turn you proved your own point by responding with a one liner. I love threads like this because they're absolutely amusing, all this crap is so irrelevant yet so relevant to each of your egos.

Why can't we stay focused on the issue or matter at hand?

ADD? ADHD? Do we need to be medicated?

Bah!

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
Is this some kind of feeble attempt at finding a conspiracy in you're own

Most actual conspiracies happen at the local level. Why? Because a small conspiracy is easier to get away with than a grand conspiracy.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join