It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brazilian president says 'gringos' must pay to protect Amazon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
/stands up, Hi my name is Rich and im a Gringo.

Its their country they can stop the deforestation any time they like. And they can also at any time go out into the jungle which is more populated with food producing trees and plants then anywhere else in the world and eat.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
The President's statements hardly make ANY sense whatsoever. They razed their own forests, so how do Americans have ANYTHING to do with it at all? I truly hope that this is an incorrect quote.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkice19
/stands up, Hi my name is Rich and im a Gringo.

Its their country they can stop the deforestation any time they like. And they can also at any time go out into the jungle which is more populated with food producing trees and plants then anywhere else in the world and eat.

If anything, the Brasileiros should be paying the Indians for slashing and burning away their woodlands. While we are at it, how about Brasil pays reparations for all of the slaves which they benefited from in the first place (Yeah, most never realize that Brasil had the vast majority of slaves who were sent over in the Atlantic Trade, whereas the U.S. took a fraction of their numbers).

Two can play this game.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
im all for kicking the greedy corps out of there, but us paying for there mistakes? not a chance, that guy should have told them to screw off if he didnt weant them there. its not my fault

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I thought gringo meant dog?

Anyway, there's no such thing as bad publicity. The Amazon is just one of those things that plenty of people care about but nobody does anything about. I'm not under any illusions that some insults being thrown at guilty parties will do any good, but so far everything else has failed so you can hardly blame the man for venting his frustration. It's a frustration that people all over the world share.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
reply to post by STFUPPERCUTTER

lmao

reported for what? It was the article that said gringo - not the poster

He's implying that this website (abovetopsecret.com) is racist, in that the word "gringo" is not automatically censored while certain other racial slurs are.

I agree, it is racial bias.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I live in canada.
I'm a gringo.
To be honest, what i've learned about mexicans at the workplace is that they cut beams too short, costing thousands of dollars, but you think it's ok, cause they're subcontracting, but then then they pretend not to speak english. Then your're like, hey, we already have the punjab brothers pretending to not be able to speak english, and we love them, so there's no room for you.
Then you write a map to the airport on the nearest 2x6.

I realize that isn't nice, but as a white male i'm unsure as how to act when someone degrades my race and dumps it into a pile of # like it was hitler's toilet.....too dramatic

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Of course we could always send our Military forces down South and kick the living hell out of South America. Claim it & Take It Over. Then this guy won't have to worry about his rain forest any longer.

South American rain forests sounds like a swell operating habitat for those Bio-Mass Eating Battlefield Robots that we've heard about.

Someone should send this guy some DVD's from The History channels coverage of Iraq so he can see what happens to other countries when the world leaders view them as unstable and unable to govern themselves and their resources.

Invade South America and wipe out their drug industry, or take it over and profit from it like some claim we're doing in Afghanistan, wipe out their corrupt military/police/government bodies and replace it with another corrupt military/police/government body, but atleast this one understands which side their bread is buttered.

BTW .. That was a joke.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
If they were smart....if...They could contract with Mexico for their labor and get it done really cheap. This would help the U.S. out regarding illegal immigration, border crossovers etc. Plus they all could understand each other. Wouldn't be funny if the Mexicans arrived to work in South America and pretended to only speak english?

[edit on 28-11-2009 by mikelee]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join