It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attacked Through Dreams?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Once again, not sure if this is the right place, so if the mods need to move it, rock on. But...here it is.

Wednesday, November 25th, 2009. I suffered the most horrific scary dreams I've ever had in my life.

Often times I enjoy a good "End times/Zombie/monster" type dream. I really do enjoy them. (sick I know)

But this was horrific, and much less controlled than I'm used to. I normally am fairly aware in my dreams and can control certain things. (like being able to run, guns that actually work, etc)

But I remember them very vividly, still.

But was speaking to some work associates who had related issues that night. Terrible dreams and couldn't sleep well, despite chemically induced sleep in some instances. haha.

I decided to call a few more family and friends and they all remember Wednesday night as a "bad dream" night, sleepless night, etc.

So far, exhausting my contacts, I have not come across someone who hasn't remembered something negative about Wednesday nights' sleep pattern.

Any similar experiences or thoughts? I've just found it odd that so many people remember that night so clearly.

I should mention that I live in Western Canada, if that helps.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Whoa, people are even WAY too freaked out to respond.

Hardy har.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Hmm. I have very vivid dreams, and often nightmares that include running and hiding from authority figures. I can see color, and also can sometimes control things like decide the 'intention' I have and then things will unfold along that path. Sometimes they are bizarre, like wooden toys coming alive and once there was even a clown driving a van made entirely out of glass. Ha ha, strange I know. But I write a lot and have quite the imagination so strange thoughts aren't out of the ordinary.

But Wednesday night I did have a frightening dream. Tuesday I was at a thanksgiving party where quite a bit of drinking was going on. The only person there I knew was a friend I'll call B, and a the owner of the house was named CJ. I had met CJ once before. I had too much to drink and got a bit rowdy, much to the chagrin to my friend B. On Wednesday he informed me of some things I had said that he didn't appreciate, and I feel very guilty about it, but there are no hard feelings between us.

That night I dreamt that I was at that place again but instead it was a restaurant and I was a dishwasher. CJ came in berating and insulting me for not doing a good enough job. He was furious at me and was being rather verbally abusive. It was very unpleasant and I was scared. There was much more that happened but I would have to really sit down and try to remember. But as I said, it was unpleasant. Enough so that I don't really want to think about it.

Usually my dreams involve inner conflicts, but this was a clear outward one. It might just have been my subconscious dwelling on my poor behavior on Tuesday. But it certainly was a bad dream that happened Wednesday night.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Bizmyth

Definitely sounds based on exterior circumstances. But out of the norm for you as well, as you've said.

It is definitely odd,
Could be just a whole bunch of coincidences too.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Wednesday night was quite a bad one for me aswell, I had lucid dreaming and sleep paralysis. Nothing scary, mind

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
OK, I would have taken this story with a grain of salt and just thought Sigmund Freud could give you a better analysis than I or anyone else on ATS, except for one curious thing.

I really believe I may have been attacked once during my sleep
about 30 years ago. I even mentioned the event briefly in my first "introduction" post on this site.

I was in bed sleeping when I suddenly awoke from what seemed like a terrible, but vague, nightmare. When I was clearly awake, I thought I saw floating above me the figure of a man with a terrible visage, almost demonic. This vision was semi transparent and suspended about 3 feet above me. I had two large dogs who normally slept on my bed, but they had both fled the room. I called upon a circle of energey to surround me and then visualized a beam of golden light coming from my "third eye" region in the center of the forehead and into the creature (a little magical training I had picked up, I think). The being above me seemed to collapse from within and shrivel up and was gone.

Now a couple of other things. Both my dogs were cowering in the hallway outside my room by this time. One would not return to the room for the rest of the night. The other was coaxed with a lot of trouble back onto the bed. On the floor next to the bed was a wet spot that I believe was from one of the dogs urinating from fright.

I could believe that I had a nightmare and was still somewhat in the dreamstate upon awaking and had a "waking" remnant of the dream. I could believe this might have been what frightened the dogs and caused their behavior, except for one strange thing. On my pillow was a small amount of fresh blood. I mean really fresh. I checked myself all over and found no cut or other wound and have no explanation for where it could come from. It wouldn't have been from one of the dogs given where they sleep on the bed.

Like I said, it was many years ago, but the memory remains as fresh as it did that day. It has become the basis of my belief in spirits and in the existence of a force in the universe hostile to humankind. I swear that was I am telling you is what I experienced. I know how odd it sounds, and I won't take offense if you dismiss what I am telling you.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I once had what I hope was just a disturbing dream in which I thought I was awake, but paralyzed, and I could sense a ghost or spirit near me. An image of a book appeared before my eyes, its pages flipping rapidly, certain words highlighted as if the spirit was desperately trying to tell me something. It was too fast for me to interpret.

I've heard stories where 2 people have met in a dream, and afterwards both are able to recall the meeting.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ChristinaA

I'm glad you take this issue seriously too! I have pondered this thread and think there is more to understand in this here than appears on the surface. If psychic activity is real, then what divides the sleeping mind from the waking mind? Edgar Cayce was known as the "sleeping prophet" since most of his prognostication came during sleep sessions for example.

I think that if we could be surrounded by aliens from UFOs and spirits from the netherworlds, as well as angels and demons from the traditions of religious and spiritual teachings, then this might be expected to intrude on our minds during sleep. Ah but the problem can be stated succintly by turning to the words of Dr. Morbeus from the film "The Forbidden Planet" who said "What man can remember his own dreams?"

I do have the feeling, however, that I have emerged from some dreams, which quickly faded from consciousness, but leaving me with the feeling that I had been interrupted from a genuine conversations with existing people (or creatures?). Something to be pondered...

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Demoncreeper

I often have dreams where I am running and hiding from authority figures... the weird thing is that I can usually force my self to fly when I really need to escape a bad situation in a dream. I love the feeling of hiding from those chasing me in my dreams.

top topics

join