It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fuming Mad Christian

page: 22
<< 19  20  21   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by VitalOverdose

These people are not Christians. They are predators who took over churches started by and forgotten by well-meaning but unfaithful church establishments, years ago.

It's an indictment of "missionizing" people as though they are blanks on a spreadsheet, instead of staying involved for the long haul. There's a lot of information on this situation, and the founding churches are being called to rectify the situation.

No Christians are perfect people, however, and the very process of the religion itself involves admitting and accepting this.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

One can certainly say the same for you! I'll do it!

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil
FACT: America is a Christian country and was founded on Christian Values.

john 18:[36] Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
cooochie cooochie cooooo whos the fuming mad christian?
www.religioustolerance.org...

"Hail to thee, great God, Lord of the Two Truths. I have come unto thee, my Lord, that thou mayest bring me to see thy beauty. I know thee, I know thy name, I know the names of the 42 Gods who are with thee in this broad hall of the Two Truths . . . Behold, I am come unto thee. I have brought thee truth; I have done away with sin for thee. I have not sinned against anyone. I have not mistreated people. I have not done evil instead of righteousness . . . I have not reviled the God. I have not laid violent hands on an orphan. I have not done what the God abominates . . . I have not killed; I have not turned anyone over to a killer. I have not caused anyone's suffering . . . I have not copulated (illicitly); I have not been unchaste. I have not increased nor diminished the measure, I have not diminished the palm; I have not encroached upon the fields. I have not added to the balance weights; I have not tempered with the plumb bob of the balance. I have not taken milk from a child's mouth; I have not driven small cattle from their herbage... I have not stopped (the flow of) water in its seasons; I have not built a dam against flowing water. I have not quenched a fire in its time . . . I have not kept cattle away from the God's property. I have not blocked the God at his processions. 5

and the Egyptians revered the sun as god by the way.

sorry Im just exhausted of the fact that the US government still know this, I mean does anyone have an explanation for the obelisk in the US?
or the Egyptian icons?

ohhhhh so its a christian nation?

hogwash they are still paganistic, and worship ancient gods long gone.

the bohemian grove is one of them.

[edit on 24-1-2010 by Lavey2]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
My issue with the Christian faith is the close minded view that is generally held. A view that if it is not in the Bible then it can't be true! I recently seen a group on **generic social networking website
** that wanted 1,000,000 Christians to join if they didn't believe in Evolution. The sad thing was almost none of them even researched or tried to understand the subject they just dismissed it because they were told to do so by the church!

There is a God and we should strive to be sinless, but stop inhibiting your right to make your own conclusions based on your own research!

I am not trying to generalize here because I realise some do think for themselves I am just talking about the majority.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeShallBeFree
My issue with the Christian faith is the close minded view that is generally held. A view that if it is not in the Bible then it can't be true! I recently seen a group on **generic social networking website
** that wanted 1,000,000 Christians to join if they didn't believe in Evolution. The sad thing was almost none of them even researched or tried to understand the subject they just dismissed it because they were told to do so by the church!

That's just an old school viewpoint retarded way. It's imbedded in the mindset of the baby boomers. I enjoyed it when I was at a Lutheran school and someone made the idea that God placed the dinosaur bones for us to find. Wow what a brillint idea. This is when I was an occultist. Why can't evolution be God? Why is that scary to some? Because to most religious people their still afraid of the uncontroled human destiny. Just place me into a church, pray do my communion and let me go. No one wants to talk to God! Why? because they hate what he saids. Because he's honest, harsh and very judging. That's one of the main reason why people hate religion. Religion is a same from a human perspective. So it's even worse! I left the roman catholics for that very reason. They judge, thought they were better, made me pay money (Duh) didn't give communion to children and I had a priest judge me and made fun of me(with the other priest) when I said I get "spiritual tingles". .Evolution may also be scary for us due to the fact that we have so much choice in our own lives that the idea of a God changing us freaks us out. It's like a child not getting what they want. what people are afraid of is combining faiths together to make their unique certain peice of joy.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

I am addressing everyone and anyone who has problem against Christians.
First off when you say Christians, Who the H. E. double hockey sticks are you referring to?
There are over twenty two denominations and or sects and they are not all the same.

Second, What is your big problem anyway? Is it that we have faith and believe in Christ?
Is it that we Cloth the poor? Feed the Hungry? Comfort the sick?Help the homeless?
(Whens the last time you did that?)

Or maybe its because of our close ties to Judaism and Israel.

Our national motto is IN GOD WE TRUST for crying out loud,Which in my opinion is undeniable PROOF that the United States government acknowledges that the God of the Christian Bible exists.

If you have a problem with Christians you have a problem with America. And God knows America does not need anymore problems. So please, just CHILL OUT !!

Mods:please feel free to post where you think appropriate.

HAIL AMERICA, THE GREAT CHRISTIAN COUNTRY.

Please.

America was founded by American Indians, before it was taken over by the current 'tennants', nothing to do with Christianity at all.
I've said this before, and i'll write it again as i think it sums it up pretty well.

Imagine humanity as a human being. Beleif in religion to Humanity is what santa and the easter bunny is to a child.

I think humanity was in a child like state when the many various religions were brought about (not all at the same time i know), the average person was as well educated, and readily rescourced as they are now (internet, library, dvds, etc) and as such easily believed those who were educated or in power, because they knew no better.

For me religion was created on the most part as a way to control societies, (look at the Pope and the Vatican), Heaven was a reward for following the rules, Hell was the punishment.

I truly am amazed that faith in religion has made it to this day and age, i think tradition, and brainwashing at an early age have alot to do with it, (think Santa, and the Easter Bunny - if you, and everyone else for a few generations, didn't tell their children that they didn't exist, you'd grow up beleiving they did.) most people i know were not told to NOT believe in religion, but weren't taken to church either, and as such chose themselves not to believe in any of the options available.

I think it's terrible how Atheism is suddenly being branded a religion by alot of people, it really isn't, and those that think it is are idiotic.

Atheism is the lack of belief in any god.

In saying that everyone is atheistic in some ways, do Christians believe Zeus? Horus? Krishner? No, just in the same way i don't believe in the apparent 'God'. Whats different?

As for the 'do gooding' - why do christians do that? Really..? Christian Values? Are these values not selfish in a way? I mean doing good will send you to heaven won't it?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

What is your big problem anyway? Is it that we have faith and believe in Christ?

Well, if you happen to be addressing me, no, that's not the reason at all. Here are my problems:

No thanks to Mother Earth, Queen of Heaven, who gave everything you have.

No taxes paid on your property, yet you lobby.

Trying to covert everyone to your religion.

Don't read your Bible all the way though.

Never pay for the crimes in the name of Jesus.

Hate for many others, Gays, Wiccans, Any other faith.

Worship a man, instead of the Creator, and his wife.

Haunt forums to convert people, and to derail threads against your faith.

Get angry when someone shows you lies and many Gods in the Bible.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Where does the US Constitution say anything about Christ, Jesus, the Hokey Spirit, the bible, the cross or any of the other trappings of your blood cult?
edit on 2-3-2011 by Lilitu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

While I was in church, it was preached and preached and preached that we are to have a personal relationship with Jesus.

Yes, that I have heard all my life, and it makes me wonder, how does one have a personal relationship with a dead man? Do I first look here:
The Burial Cave of Jesus
And then there are the Sixteen Crucified Saviours one has to choose from too. Perhaps I must be from another planet, for I could never wrap my mind around being a Christian! Much too cult like, and what Idol worshipers and hypocrites, with their better than thous attitude and lock on the Afterlife.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

First off when you say Christians, Who the H. E. double hockey sticks are you referring to?
There are over twenty two denominations and or sects and they are not all the same.

Second, What is your big problem anyway? Is it that we have faith and believe in Christ?
Is it that we Cloth the poor? Feed the Hungry? Comfort the sick?Help the homeless?

Our national motto is IN GOD WE TRUST for crying out loud,Which in my opinion is undeniable PROOF that the United States government acknowledges that the God of the Christian Bible exists.

If you have a problem with Christians you have a problem with America. And God knows America does not need anymore problems. So please, just CHILL OUT !!

I like what you said...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Shdak

Well, I don't like what was said. America is not a Christian nation, it is a secular nation. It is a nation with citizens of many and even no religious persuasion.

Hell (yep, I'm willing to say hell), the early US government went so far as to say this in 1797:

As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility, of Mussulmen; and, as the said States never entered into any war, or act of hostility against any Mahometan nation, it is declared by the

That's from the Treaty of Tripoli, it's a federal treaty. The only law higher than that would be the Constitution...and nowhere in the Constitution is this contradicted.

America is not a Christian nation, but it's a nation that allows Christians to do as they wish.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Because the American government are so very Christ like... Starting wars, ignoring their own peoples needs...

Yup another win for you Christians

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Yep, you are right, madnessinmysoul, many members have stated this fact, and posted about the Treaty, and quotes from the Founders on Religion, and still the Christian crowd tries to make us believe this is a "Christian Nation." Must be wishful thinking, is all I can say, because most Americans know better!

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Have you,by any chance actually read the Bible(particularly the Old Testament)?
Do you know anything whatsoever about Judeo-Christian history?

THAT is why I personally hate your religion.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Anyone who accepts jesus as their personal saviorand the son of god is a christian.

More because you pervert history, fight science, your leaders rape children, and your voting populace makes life a living hell for a wide variety of people.

More because your holy book tells you that you need to support Israel so jesus can come back and destroy every Jew on earth.

Remember what I said about perverting history?

Actually our national motto is E Plurbis Unum. Out of many, one. "In God We Trust" was added to our currency during the civil war, to paint the Rebs as "godless.". Same reason "one nation under god" was contrived in 1953, to spite the commies.

Way I figure, if I have a problem with christians, then my problem is with the biggest problem America has. After all, here you are claiming exclusive rights to the country because you think your religion entitles you to do so.
edit on 17/3/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

If you are angry you should be directing it toward those who claim to be christian, spouting archaic, mis-interpreted, incorrectly translated, politically selected text (the bible) and getting up in everyone elses business - it is none of theirs and yet they seem to consider it their duty to constantly whinge and moan about other people's lives.

It's time the religious kept quiet and lived their lives in a manner more suited to their own beliefs.

edit on 18-3-2011 by Garfee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by GrOuNd_ZeRo

the biggest flaw of satanism is that you HAVE to believe in Christianity to be a satanist. Satan is a construct of the christian mythology so without Christians there is no Satan.

silly just like all the other religions really.

live and let live...love your neighbor...that's it all you need to know

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I try to make this distinction:

I dislike the Catholic Church for all the 1000's of people it slayed in God's name (You know, the one who say 'thou shalt not kill). I do not, however, hate individual Catholic's as long as they do not condone this past massacre.

I don't have a problem with Christian's unless they a) try and force their opinion down my throat,
b) Are hypocritical.

I mean by this, that if a Christian is following what Jesus and God said, the messages like 'help others' 'be selfless' 'don't judge' 'accept all' 'love thy neighbour' 'do unto others', you know, that sort of thing, I'm totally cool with that. For whilst I do not believe in 'God' in the biblical sense, I do acknowledge a force higher then myself and a pat of myself that is Love, and I don't think it matters what you call it.

Also, whilst I believe the stories about Jesus were highly exaggerated and edited by people who wished to control others, I do believe Jesus was a wonderful being and very divine indeed. But I believe people like Buddha and Ghandi were just as wonderful, selfless, loving beings.

However, if you are a Christian who does not heed Jesus/God's messages like 'accept all' and 'judge not least you be judged', and instead spend there time saying 'oh, homosexuality/abortion/atheism/drugs/sex is wrong and you'll burn in hell' rather then being like Jesus and accepting/helping all will get a word from me.

& that isn't a thing against Christianity, many of your messages and morals are wonderful (if only you'd practise what you preach), that thing is against anyone who is nasty and hypocritical and generally just trying to ruin people's day.

Okay?

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21   >>

join