It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fuming Mad Christian

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by hardamber
The definition of being a chrstian is being "christ-like." Christians should be the epitomy of humiity, harmless as doves and clever as serpents. Christians should be quick to pray and slow to judge. Christians should not believe everyone who calls themselves a christian just to get their vote. If christians loved their enemies and prayed for them, they wouldn't have so many enemies.

OP, I don't know you but my first reaction in reading your post was that you should not be so angry. Be careful not to be manipulated by rich preachers. Be careful that you are personally grounded in Scripture and have a deep abiding relationship with your God. I hope you spend quality and quanity time in prayer and fellowship with your God. I'm sorry, but it did not come across in your post.

LOL an agnostic/atheist (whatever you are) judging a "Christian" about their values you do not believe exsist in the frst place?..Thats classic because if you believe what you just posted above then you are not practicing it, just like said "Christian" in question. If you don't believe those values (Christian or not) then you have no right to post your very same "judgement" about the very thing you are speaking against. I find this highly self-righteous, and equally if not *more* judemental because you seem to think you are more aware than the poster.

[edit on 28-11-2009 by Wookiep]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Quikslvr

Hello. Welcome to the harshest place on the internet
lol. I for one agree with you. The only problem I have with Christianity is that y'all try to press your faith everywhere! I mean come on! We gotta sleep and eat sometime
Although i REALLY do admire perseverance. Y'all are in my heart truly. BUT I must say on a lighter note... People are dying! terrorism is horrible! If our christian method is the best then let us all go to these people whom suffer the most...the middle eastern people and let us extend a hand to them who suffer the most. Let us help those who have been bombed and burned and suffered. Let us help them just like lord Jesus helped those whom he helped.. What do y'all say? Come on and burn the despot away!

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
ATS has gone from being an open source forum about all topics of interest to people whinging about religion or crying about what a bad rap religion or religious sects are getting.

EVERYDAY there is a new thread about some religious debate or another and it FLAMES on and on with two sides taking aim at one another. starring and flagging. I know if i dont like it dont get involved and i agree there is nothing forcing me to participate. But im seeing an ugly trend here. I seriously think some people create inflammatory threads that are by their very nature sensitive subjects to be and that will garner a response based on emotion and not rational debate.

Before you know the thread is doing warp speed off topic as people throw barbs at one another and question each others sense of intelligence and ability to be logical. THIS IS NOT CONSTRUCTIVE, This is a CONSPIRACY site not a " i want to talk about my feelings site"

AT best this is a RANT. At worst this is a cheap attempt to garner points. Regardless there seems to be alot of tension in this forum and all i see is people trying to out prove everybody else. What the hell happened to agree to disagree.

What the hell is happening to this site???

OK. I think the ATS Admin should make a section for these type of posters who come into a thread and ask "what the heck is wrong with ATS?" yada yada yada. If you don't want to participate in the thread or have anything to contibute in whicH relates DIRECTLY to the thread...Stay out of it. Pure & simple.

[edit on 28-11-2009 by mikelee]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by theonlyrusty

you said:

If you have a belief in a God, keep it to yourself.

That's not what we're instructed to do. "No one lights a lamp and then covers it with a jar or puts it under a bed, but puts it on a lampstand so that those who come in can see the light. " We are to let our light shine through to bring glory to God.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
To the OP

I think your "fuming anger" is an excellent example of the fundamental flaw with all religions.

Throughout history religion has been successful at one thing; dividing humanity into fragments. This division creates hatred and conflicts, which ultimately leads to killing in the name of said religion.

With or without religion, good people can behave well and bad people can do evil; but for good people to do evil—that takes religion-Steven Weinberg

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by PSUSA
reply to post by oliveoil

FACT: America is a Christian country and was founded on Christian Values.

Tell that to the Indians. And the slaves.

Yep, slavery is very Christian isn't it. The Bible even has a section on how you should treat your slaves - therefore the Christian god advocates slavery.

So to the OP - you must be FOR slavery then shouldn't you?

The OP does not like people with the right to free speech disagreeing with him.

How is this a topic relevant to this website

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikelee

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
ATS has gone from being an open source forum about all topics of interest to people whinging about religion or crying about what a bad rap religion or religious sects are getting.

EVERYDAY there is a new thread about some religious debate or another and it FLAMES on and on with two sides taking aim at one another. starring and flagging. I know if i dont like it dont get involved and i agree there is nothing forcing me to participate. But im seeing an ugly trend here. I seriously think some people create inflammatory threads that are by their very nature sensitive subjects to be and that will garner a response based on emotion and not rational debate.

Before you know the thread is doing warp speed off topic as people throw barbs at one another and question each others sense of intelligence and ability to be logical. THIS IS NOT CONSTRUCTIVE, This is a CONSPIRACY site not a " i want to talk about my feelings site"

AT best this is a RANT. At worst this is a cheap attempt to garner points. Regardless there seems to be alot of tension in this forum and all i see is people trying to out prove everybody else. What the hell happened to agree to disagree.

What the hell is happening to this site???

OK. I think the ATS Admin should make a section for these type of posters who come into a thread and ask "what the heck is wrong with ATS?" yada yada yada. If you don't want to participate in the thread or have anything to contibute in whicH relates DIRECTLY to the thread...Stay out of it. Pure & simple.

[edit on 28-11-2009 by mikelee]

Ok how about we start with having this in the right section. THERE is nothing about the OP that is seeded in conspriacy. It is a rant and nothing more.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Originally posted by Agree2Disagree

reply to post by theonlyrusty

you said:If you have a belief in a God, keep it to yourself.

I would argue that if this should be incorperated into believing in GOD then it should equally be enforced to those those who DON'T believe in God? What makes a person have the right to talk all about the fact they don't believe in God any more right for someone who does?? I guess theonlyrusty would like to see a world where no-one is allowed to speak about anything they believe. Well you have fun with that! I hope I'm not here when that happens....or my son, or his sons or grandsons, cuz thats the kind of world that would dominate every man woman and child...Oh WAIT... I forgot how we are almost there now!

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by skull_bones

you said:

Throughout history religion has been successful at one thing; dividing humanity into fragments. This division creates hatred and conflicts, which ultimately leads to killing in the name of said religion.

Jesus said: "I did not come to bring Peace, but a Sword" and also "the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death. And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."

The division caused in the name of Christ is fulfillment of prophecy.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil

Not fact. Most of our founding fathers were deists. Go look it up

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I will lay off christianity once the giant spagetti monster religion also gets its own tax exempt church...

Christianity is a business, and the product is a guilt ridden destruction of personal spiritual connection.

America was also founded on slavery. We have since evolved from that, but we still cling to our superstitions.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   

img687.imageshack.us...

I think that pretty much sums up most of it...

First off...Jesus Christ isn't even the man you worships REAL name...
i really wish people would at least acknowledge the man they devote there entirety to, real name...

I think you are referring to Yeshua?
and btw... YESHUA...yea he was a JEW...NOT a christian...
so when you attack these middle eastern people, your basically attacking yeshua (his REAL name not NICKNAME off a NICKNAME)

almost all the gospels were written in GREEK, 2 generations AFTER yeshua died. And at that...non of them were PRESENT, nor did Yeshua even SPEAK greek in the first place.

EVER WONDER WHY Yeshua's name was changed to JESUS CHRIST??

The name "jesus" comes into english from the GREEK New testament. The greeks didnt have an alphabet sound for the "sh" sound, so they said YEASOUS, later the greeks/english spelt it just the way it was pronounced to avoid confusions, thus JESUS was born.

Yeshua, was the HEBREW name given to him by his PARENTS, in HEBREW it means both 'salvation, and the lord who is salvation"

The greeks, once again with the inability to translate his proper name, matched HIS NICKNAME OF (the salvation one) with theirs, which is CHRISTOS, meaning MESSIAH....so basically
they matched a nickname (christos) with "the salvation one" (totally mis-understanding that it was a nickname of his real name)
and shortened it to CHRIST...
so yea let me read a bible that was written by people who were NOT EVEN THERE... in a language he DID NOT SPEAK... when they cant even TRANSLATE or say his NAME, because there language doesn't even have the alphabet to pronounce it...
yea...

so really...if your going to preach and say all this bs, at least know your history on the savior and man you worship, and thrust into peoples hearts.
HE WAS AN EXAMPLE FOR PEOPLE TO LIVE.
AN EXAMPLE FOR PEOPLE TO STRIVE TO BE
nothing more
NOTHING less

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Every one has the right to believe what they wish, But if you believe in the easter bunny you should expect a little criticism. Moral of the story believe what you want but don't get upset when you get told that it is all a bunch of fairy tales...... peace

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
I will lay off christianity once the giant spagetti monster religion also gets its own tax exempt church...

Christianity is a business, and the product is a guilt ridden destruction of personal spiritual connection.

America was also founded on slavery. We have since evolved from that, but we still cling to our superstitions.

You can't blame the church for being tax exempt...blame your government.

Christianity turned to business because of corrupt individuals.

America was founded on greed. Hence the reason for Christianity turning to business.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   

reply to post by skull_bones

you said:

Jesus said: "I did not come to bring Peace, but a Sword" and also "the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death. And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."

The division caused in the name of Christ is fulfillment of prophecy.

Oh Gad, there is no hope is there, as long as people keep believing this violent archaic and terrifying religious bulldust.

I despair.

Originally posted by Agree2DisagreeAmerica was founded on greed. Hence the reason for Christianity turning to business.

Oh jeebust, save us, there is no hope whatsoever.

There is more to Christianity than America you know?

[edit on 28-11-2009 by aorAki]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   

I am addressing everyone and anyone who has problem against Christians.
First off when you say Christians, Who the H. E. double hockey sticks are you referring to?
There are over twenty two denominations and or sects and they are not all the same.

The only difference is that 5 handle rattle snakes, 10 have pediofiles and gay priests in scandal and the others are just putting on Sunday theatre to pay their rent.

Second, What is your big problem anyway? Is it that we have faith and believe in Christ?
Is it that we Cloth the poor? Feed the Hungry? Comfort the sick?Help the homeless?

This is true my friend but do not forget in pushing your faiths agenda, the blankets that were so willingly given had small pox hidden in the treads. Ones conscious will cause them to lend a helping hand in the future.
(Whens the last time you did that?) dunno but ask Africa and Asia.

FACT: America was a hostle takeover and was built on the backs of slaves owned by Christian Slave masters. If you can't digest this example there are plenty more craftfully hidden in America's history.

Our national motto is IN GOD WE TRUST for crying out loud,Which in my opinion is undeniable PROOF that the United States government acknowledges that the God of the Christian Bible exists.

Now come on man... this is comedy at it's highest! How can a country only 200 years old make a judgment call on God...? And by the way... where the hell is God when we need him to undeniably punish the problems and controlling lies within your faith?

If you have a problem with Christians you have a problem with America. And God knows America does not need anymore problems. So please, just CHILL OUT !!

It's the Christians and their pristene holiness that set a murderous trend in the first darn place... and I'm sure your God knows this all to well.

Mods:please feel free to post where you think appropriate.

I'm sure they are nudging one another to jump into this mess.

[edit on 28-11-2009 by Level X]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   

I will try to respond to everyone the best I can.Please bare with me as my internet connect time is limited

hardamber,

The definition of being a chrstian is being "christ-like.

I am doing nothing wrong by getting mad. Jesus too sometimes got angry. Open your Bible to Mark 11 and read all about it.

im sorry...i wasn't aware that Jesus had that much time on his hands. You know running a printing press and all, pumping out a bible.
Oh...right...you mean those greeks who wrote the old gospels, 2 generations afterwards...
right...
ok so that bible your talking about

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   

That's not what we're instructed to do. "No one lights a lamp and then covers it with a jar or puts it under a bed, but puts it on a lampstand so that those who come in can see the light. " We are to let our light shine through to bring glory to God.

That'd be fine; if we wanted to we could come IN. The problem is you are going OUT.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
The issue with alot of Christians is that willful ignorance, arrogance, condecesion, and intolerance seem to abound in recent years. That combined with a "I'm a Superhero, I need to need save you" complex and this confrontational "We Christians have been so victimized" attitude and it doesn't take much for a rational exchange of ideas turn into a shout down

The problem is that some of the these people, when engaged in debate will not listen to any other viewpoint, and never take the time to objectely learn about any other religions or cultures. And then their big selling point isn't what a great entity God is. No, their clincher is, if you don't join us, you're going to burn in hell for all eternity.

I know these girls are young, but they are being taught some of these ideas by adults at the churches they attend. And I'm not trying to imply that all Christians are like this. But I think that alot of members would say they're running into people like this more and more.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki

Oh Gad, there is no hope is there, as long as people keep believing this violent archaic and terrifying religious bulldust.

I despair.

Despair all you'd like. "Those who would seek the truth should take care that they may find it and in finding it be horrified." Delos B. McKown

Oh jeebust, save us, there is no hope whatsoever.

There is more to Christianity than America you know?

There is no hope if you're only looking to your flesh. Yes, I know there is more to Christianity than America. I was simply using America as an example.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join