Fuming Mad Christian

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

Oh please, When I said founded I was referring to the pilgrams, But if you want to go as far as the Europeans guess what, they were Christians too.

Oh yes, and don't forget to mention who tortured, terrorised and killed to make them that way !!!

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Hi moo,

Oh yes, and don't forget to mention who tortured, terrorised and killed to make them that way !!!

And your saying What? please be a tad bit more precise.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

This is the second of your posts that I have responded to in the last week.
I am fully aware that you are obviously a devout christian. But I do wonder if you have done any research into pagan religions of your own. Not what your pastor or preacher or others tell you, unbiased actual research.

On a more personal note here is a story that explains my problems with many christians.
At my husbands work, which is with a large national retail chain, his boss and another co-worker are devout fundamental christians.

He was told one day by his co-worker that he was not a real man and was going to hell because he didn't live up to the bibles explanation of a what a man is.
He was told that we were wrong to be married because it says in the bible a man may not marry until his previous wife is married herself.
He was asked to put a quote on the white board. He chose to put "Good decisions come from wisdom. Wisdom comes from bad choices."
and the co-worker wrote underneath
"No wisdom comes from God."

The real kicker happened a few weeks ago.

There is a bible in the desk, a bible program on the computer, and bible quotes on the wall every week. So my husband decided to take a small 2 inch statue of buddha to work and set him on his work station in the office.
The next day his boss was fuming and told him to take his false god and devil trinket home. That they don't have graven images of false gods in the office.

It is this sort of pushiness, lack of acceptance and general need to tell people they are going to hell for any other belief system than their own that really pisses people off.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by gluetrap

Your husband's co worker was very wrong to tell your husband that he was going to hell. To me that's blasphemy because he presumes to know God's will towards your husband.

The Bible says "judge not lest ye be judged" and "let he who is without sin cast the first stone" words that most good Christians try to live by.

As the OP stated there are many different types of Christians.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Thank you Elaine.

That is exactly the problem I see so many times though, it in the very act of what they call ministry that they are judging.

He said it not to be an jerk, but because in his mind he is genuinely doing the right thing by trying to bring my husband closer to christ.

Some things are appropriate for work and some things aren't. Unless you work at a church, or another christian based organization there is no place for this sort of behavior in the workplace.

For me personally I think Jesus is an outstanding role model and that following his teachings can be a wonderful way to live. But so much of many christian's beliefs and actions are based on the rest of the book which does not always line up with the direct actions and words of Jesus himself.

[edit on 30-11-2009 by gluetrap]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

reply to post by elaine

A lot of Christians forget that the Bible says that no one is with out sin.
For one person who sins,to help another who sins by telling them they are going to hell, he would be a Hypocrite

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by gluetrap
reply to post by andy1033

This is the second of your posts that I have responded to in the last week.
I am fully aware that you are obviously a devout christian. But I do wonder if you have done any research into pagan religions of your own. Not what your pastor or preacher or others tell you, unbiased actual research.

On a more personal note here is a story that explains my problems with many christians.
At my husbands work, which is with a large national retail chain, his boss and another co-worker are devout fundamental christians.

He was told one day by his co-worker that he was not a real man and was going to hell because he didn't live up to the bibles explanation of a what a man is.
He was told that we were wrong to be married because it says in the bible a man may not marry until his previous wife is married herself.
He was asked to put a quote on the white board. He chose to put "Good decisions come from wisdom. Wisdom comes from bad choices."
and the co-worker wrote underneath
"No wisdom comes from God."

The real kicker happened a few weeks ago.

There is a bible in the desk, a bible program on the computer, and bible quotes on the wall every week. So my husband decided to take a small 2 inch statue of buddha to work and set him on his work station in the office.
The next day his boss was fuming and told him to take his false god and devil trinket home. That they don't have graven images of false gods in the office.

It is this sort of pushiness, lack of acceptance and general need to tell people they are going to hell for any other belief system than their own that really pisses people off.

That is beyond ridiculous. This would be massively immature.. but if I were your husband I'd be tempted to take in a 6 foot tall cardboard cutout of luke skywalker in and tell them Ive joined the jedi religion. And then proceed to put jedi type quotes up on the whiteboard. Maybe draw a lightsabre on there as well.

Also.. 'Devil trinket'
. Makes it sound like it was bought from the anti-christs gift shop!

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Your husband needs to keep a journal of the harassment he is receiving, he also needs to obtain a attorney and he needs to file a lawsuit as what is happening goes against Equal Employment Opportunity:

Executive Order 11246 prohibits covered federal contractors and subcontractors from discriminating on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or national origin, and requires affirmative action to ensure equal employment opportunity without regard to those factors. E.O. 11246 is enforced by the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP).

Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 prohibits discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment, on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or national origin. This law is enforced by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).
Equal Employment Opportunity

Defend your rights, or whats the point of having them!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

That's a fine summary of MY feelings. I've no "problem" with Christians which wouldn't be solved by them just minding their own business--and keeping their theology out of my life.

Oh...it'd be nice if they'd dump this CRAP about how "this is a CHRISTIAN nation, founded on CHRISTIAN principles."

WRONG!

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil
reply to

reply to [url= by elaine

A lot of Christians forget that the Bible says that no one is with out sin.
For one person who sins,to help another who sins by telling them they are going to hell, he would be a Hypocrite

Sigh...Sin was in fact a Babylonian Sun God. All of the old Gods were demonized by Christianity, just like they demonized the women for Eve, in the myth of creation.
Have you ever thought to research the words you find in the bible?

Let me tell you a short story. My mother, rest her soul, was as devout as can be. Me, on the other hand, I have seen ghosts of the formerly alive since early childhood. As a boy i played war with men who were dressed in grey and blue rags, and spoke of how the Yankees had taken freedom away fro us. One day I was late for supper, and my mom questioned me about this, and I blurted out who and what I had been doing. she was shocked, and the next three days were pure hell for me. Her and several church members, two women and a man, plus the minister, tried for all this time every day for Satan to release the demons from me. I will never forget how they smelled, it was the middle of July, and hot. Of course there were no demons, and BTW, I still see those men, or what was men from time to time, when danger rears it's ugly head.

I used to go to church, made by Mom, and one day the preacher said some things that I questioned. I asked him these questions, and he told me to, "go home and read your bible, son, all of the answers are in there!" So, I did. From cover to cover, I am a great reader, always have been. when I returned, instead of having a few questions, not I had many, over 100, and I was politely asked to leave, and not to come back. I was told, "not to question the word of God." I thought, how could this be? How could he tell be that wisdom was the tool of the Devil, and Sophia in the bible means wisdom, just as the original word for "witch" means "one who is wise." The oldest bible in the known world is the "Codex Sinaiticus," and it hasn't even been fully translated yet, at least to my knowledge. The Apocryphal bible is a lot older than the KJ version, but is dismissed by Christians, even though KJ was heavily based on it.

All modern bibles are translations of older texts, such as the "P" document, and the "Q" document. The "scriptures" used by most readers are based on much older manuscripts that have been translated into English. The three most important of these older Bibles are known as the "Masoretic Text", the "Septuagint" and the "Samaritan Pentateuch". Scholars BELIEVE that the books in these three texts are from pre-christian times, but unfortunately no really early manuscripts were available before the discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls. Translations were made from the oldest available manuscripts, most of them Medieval Texts, in the BELIEF that these late documents were accurate copies of far more ancient texts. No one knows for certain, though many Christians THINK they know. For one thing, There is not a shred of legitimate historical evidence anywhere that the "Jesus Story" originated as the biography of a man named Jesus, and quite a lot of evidence that it did not.
The basic plot of the Jesus Story, including the motif of a crucified savior, already existed in many other religions long prior to the alleged time of Jesus. Actually, most of what Christians BELIEVE is the WORD of GOD was taken from so called "Heathen" beliefs!

The "P" document
qcpages.qc.cuny.edu...

The "Q" Document
www.thetruejesus.org...

Ancient Egyptian Religion had a big part to play also, basically everything in the bible was taken from ancient Egyptian sources, even the word, Amen," said after each prayer and often during services is a call to Amen-Re, the Egyptian Sun God. Amon-Ra was believed to be the sun god and the lord of the universe. Osiris was the god of the underworld. Stories about him revolved around the idea of immortality. Osiris was the God that made a peaceful afterlife possible.

Babylon
Babylon has always been the enemy of Yaweh. Babylon was founded by Nimrod who was the enemy of God. He claimed to be the representative or high priest of the Sun God. When He died, his wife said that he went to be with the 'Sun God'. Her name was Semiramis, or Ishtar, and when she had an illegitimate son, Tammuz, she said that he was conceived by Nimrod the Sun God and was therefore the promised Son of God, therefore a false Christ or anti-Christ. Ishtar became the 'Mother of God' and the goddess of reproduction. Their worship was based on the Solar System and so they worshiped the greatest planet, the Sun. Their day of worship was on the day of the Sun, the first day of the week, Sunday. This was the first organized false religion after the flood. They tried to establish a world religion based on sun worship and started to build a tower to reach heaven, (Tower of Babel) to be closer to their God, the Sun. Even the name " Nimrod" means "Rebel."

GEN 10:8 And Cush begat Nimrod: he began to be a mighty one in the earth. 10:9 He was a mighty hunter before the LORD: wherefore it is said, Even as Nimrod the mighty hunter (warior) before (against) the LORD. 10:10 And the beginning of his kingdom was Babel (Babylon), and Erech, and Accad, and Calneh, in the land of Shinar.

(KJV Bbile)
Most of the world's population has been "taught" to believe in some first cause, deity, higher power or "God." The names are various depending upon which religious tradition a person has been born into.
In the Judeo-Christian tradition, we have been taught to believe a series of stories contained in the Old and New Testaments about the earliest periods of the history of the Semitic peoples as if these times were sacred, inspired by deity and therefore, not to be questioned or considered as anything other than the "truth."

From my perspective, however, these ancient stories were written by persons who believed themselves to have been "appointed" by deity to set forth the way people of that era were supposed to live, behave and continue to thrive in the face of the hostility, threats, wars and various natural disasters which have occurred throughout the history. Here is one direct contradiction in the bible:
After Adam and Eve sinned, God made coats of skins to cover them (Genesis 3:21). He therefore had to kill at least one animal. This literal action is symbolic of our salvation; an innocent Lamb (Christ—the Lamb of God) would be sacrificed to provide a covering for sin (John 1:29). In the Old Testament, people would sacrifice animals to the Lord as a reminder of their sin (Hebrews 10:3) and as a symbol of the One to come, the Lord Jesus, who would actually pay the penalty for sin.
The animal sacrifices did not actually pay the penalty for sin (Hebrews 10:4, 11). Animals are not related to us; their shed blood cannot count for ours. But the blood of Christ can. Christ is a blood relative of ours since He is descended from Adam as are we; all human beings are of “one blood” ( Acts 17:26). Furthermore, since Christ is also God, His life is of infinite value, and thus, His death can pay for all the sins of all people. That is why only the Lord Himself could be our Savior (Isaiah 45:21). Therefore, Christ died once for all (Hebrews 10:10). And there is another contradiction: If Jesus died for our "sins," then why are we still considered sinners? After all, they are bought and paid for, are they not? And another thing...if God is this Omnipotent, All Powerful being, then could he in fact create a stone that even he could not lift? No? He is Omnipotent, remember? And weren't Angels created without free will, their only purpose to OBEY God expressly? then how could some Angels use their free will to rebel against God?

I will leave you now, oliveoil, and remember, I am not out to flame you, or even to make you angry. I am just trying to educate you, and every other Christin who reads this post. I have nothing against you, or any other person who is bent on depriving themselves of the truths that are out there for everyone to discover. That computer you are sitting at is for more than playing games and answering emails, and instant messaging. Use that search engine for what it was designed for, to search! Love, and Light be with you.

[edit on 30-11-2009 by autowrench]

[edit on 30-11-2009 by autowrench]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

We are well aware of the legal implications!

But at this time its not worth it to create problems in the workplace. Jobs in his field are few and far between and he is with a good company.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Throughout history, especially during the middle ages, any deviation from the Christian Bible would get even the most devout Christian thrown into a pot of boiling oil.

They preach love of thyne brother, but in fact, they will turn on their own mother in a heartbeat. History proves this fact:

CHRISTIANS WITH BIBLES IN HAND PERFECTED & INVENTED THE MACHINES TO IMPLEMENT THE ART OF TORTURE ON HUMANS SUBJECTS...

Christian Kings, Queens and their muscle were responcible for some of the most henous crimes against the human race... and don't let the Bible heads convence you otherwise...

Christians have an OUT for everything, often blaming God for everything...

"God created man because he KNEW man would sin...
that sin manifested as man mudered and molested and sexed...
God saw this... he was perplexed... so he gave birth to Satan...
Satan loved God sooooo much... then... there was a pillar of salt...
God cast the sins back upon man for reasons unknown..."

[edit on 30-11-2009 by Level X]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I didn't take the time to read all of the replies, as I just feel the need to answer your questions.

First, even though there is more than one denomination or sect, each one is Christian, thus making each based on the same basic set of beliefs.

Second, what is MY big problem? Mainly the fact that most Christians expect others to respect their right to believe what they want to, yet so many will not respect non-Christian rights to believe as they wish. However, this goes for anyone who may not be Christian but also expects respect without giving it. I, personally, do not care who/what anyone believes in. Go right ahead and believe what you want, just stop trying to tell me what I should believe. I'm also so sick of being told that I'm going to hell/being tempted by Satan or that I need to ask for forgiveness. I have plenty of faith, but I don't believe in Christ, and I also don't believe in hell or Satan, and I don't WANT to be forgiven by your God. Just because you do, doesn't mean I should. Leave me alone.

You honestly think others may have a problem with Christians because they clothe the poor, feed the hungry, comfort the sick, or help the homeless? That's very selfish of you. But Christians aren't selfish, are they? I help people in need EVERY DAY. Do you? I could also care less what close ties Christianity may have with Judaism or Israel. Believe what you want to.

I don't have a problem with Christianity, I have a problem with Christians who try to tell me how to live my own life, and yes, I DO have a problem with America.

Anything else?

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Ah religious debate.
I wish I still had that flame within me, that I felt I could change the minds of christians.

I gave up long ago.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I don't have any problems with Christians. It's just that they monopolize the truth. Look at Judaism which christianity comes from. A Jew has no problem asking really thought provoking question about God or Death or whatever. A Jew would have no problem with doubting god. I'm not being anti-semetic either. Go to a white-southern church and ask those thought-provoking questions. They'll through you out. Hey I have no trouble with asking those questions like. "Who was Cain's wife." Hey you never know, but by asking those questions it might actually lead you back to God.

The way I see religion is that story of the blind men who where asked to describe an elephant.

My understanding from when I went to school in elementary school and grade school and high school is that we have freedom of religion.

It's freedom of religion that allows us to ask those questions without fear of retribution the church calling us a heretic and ex-communicating us. The sad thing is I'm beginning to see a current of retribution returning into this country.

I really think that in High School that church history should be taught. Doesn't anyone know that the church has been wrong in the past.

Doesn't anyone know about Martin Luther nailing the 95 thesis against the church on his church door.

It seems that the pendulum of religious dissent is going back the other way and I really hope it doesn't because It would be sad and heartbreaking and evil. I think that Jesus would be sad to of all the attrocieties done in his name.

Doesn't anyone even read there bibles for themselves or has anyone even attempted to read the non-canonical books or the apocraphy or gospel of thomas.

A good site to go to is the Internet Sacred Texts Archive Home @ www.sacred-texts.com....
they have information on christianity and judaism.

Look if the church is composed of fallible men and woman, and the church was and has been wrong in the past about alot of things don't you think that its possible that it could be in the present and future and that religious freedom gives us the strength to say that and to worship god as we please.

I have never advocated hate and violence in god's name whatever it is either godjesus,jehovah,ha Shem,allah,bhrama,buddha, or whatever.

But I have pushed it in the past and ridiculed and I did have hate. And I'm sorry. I
I'm not apologizing or using this as justification or to rationalize but last year my grandmother died and the circumstances surrounding here death left me bare and raw and hateful and bitter. But every one eventually has to go through the greaving process. I've calm down to to where enough that I can at least talk to (god,universe,karma,higher power,Jesus,whatever) if you want to call what I do praying. It can be raw when I pray and I cuss and rant and cry and laugh and I talk to god about things and i'm not ashamed about my style, but I do tame it down when I'm around other people.

But isn't this the reason why the people on the mayflower came over here. Isn't this the reason why Martin Luther done what he did. And why Jefferson believed in the seperation of church and state.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I think that a lot of what people refer to (in general) as "Christianity" is directed at the Roman Catholic Church IMO. I hear people say "Christians this" and "Christianity that" and what they are actually objecting to are tenets of the Catholic Church. So yes, to the OP, there are plenty of people who don't differentiate between denominations or simply don't think about it.

An analogy is people who say they don't like dogs...well, some of these people truly don't like ANY type of dog, and yet others have certain breeds (or other defining characteristics of particular types of dogs) that they don't care for.

Many are inclined to "throw the baby out with the bathwater" so to speak. I myself am an Episcopalian, and I would probably feel the need to correct someone if they mistakenly assumed that I belonged to another denomination with a different set of beliefs. I wouldn't particularly like it if someone assumed that I was against contraception simply because I'm a Christian; I'd have to inform them that that belief is generally confined to the Roman Catholic Church and not Protestant denominations. Or, if someone thought that I must be a creationist because I'm Christian - again, I'd remind them that those lines of belief are usually found in fundamentalist Protestant denominations rather than in "traditional" Protestant faiths.

But mistaken assumptions are simply human nature and everyone makes mistakes, so I really don't hold it against people.

That said, the rest of this whole pro-vs-anti Christianity (and any and all other faiths) has yet to rise above high school politics. Again, it is simply human nature to believe that "I" or "we" do, believe or am is better than what everyone else does, believes or is. Accusing others of being "mentally ill" because they believe or "hellbound" because they don't (or have a faith other than Christianity) or whatever is unproductive and almost always will be. There are extremists on both sides of the issue. My personal philosophy is to "live and let live" - I show my faith by treating people as I would want to be treated, and I would expect the same in return.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

Just so you know, Muslims may not knock on your door and try to sell you on Islam because their Koran tells them to convert you by force or KILL YOU.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by gluetrap
Thank you Elaine.

For me personally I think Jesus is an outstanding role model and that following his teachings can be a wonderful way to live. But so much of many christian's beliefs and actions are based on the rest of the book which does not always line up with the direct actions and words of Jesus himself.

[edit on 30-11-2009 by gluetrap]

I really agree with you here. I don't believe Jesus would try to intimidate, bully or scare your husband into believeing in him. I believe in a loving God and that Christ is the example we should strive for.

[edit on 1-12-2009 by elaine]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by plaidness
reply to post by Doc Holiday

Just so you know, Muslims may not knock on your door and try to sell you on Islam because their Koran tells them to convert you by force or KILL YOU.

The buy-bull is filled with kill the non-believers nonsense.
And kill...
naughty children
adulterers
people that wear clothes made from different fabrics
people that eat shellfish
and of course the one group that they love to hate, gays.
Funny christians never mention any of that.

Wait... what am I saying? They probably only believe the buy-bull because they haven't really read it, lol.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I haven't been to this thread in several days. The fuming mad xtian.. is it still mad?

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join