It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fuming Mad Christian

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River

Originally posted by reeferman
reply to post by oliveoil

FACT: America is a Christian country and was founded on Christian Values.

sorry to bust your bubbld by the "church" & see if it even slightly compares to the so called charity.. it does not, has not & will never be anything thing else but for show.. millions coming in & your bragging about 2nd hand clothes... I personally help out alot of my fellow humans..

On another note..what ties to Judaism are you talking about? "Jesus was a magician and a fool. Mary was an adulteress". (Shabbath 104b, p.504) according to Rabbinical Judaism's sacred book the Talmud all non-Jews.. are lower even than the common cow......your buddies believe that you are lower than a common beast! also that your soulless!! btw what about the others? 12 tribes

I've got nothing against that Jesus guy. He had some great things to say & was killed for it..

John 10:34 "Ye are gods"

now there's an overlooked message..

silly man. that text on jesus was made in order to keep the Jewish community intacked. many people were converting into christians so the jewish community devised a plan to make the talmud. Sorry to say that to you but they did that to scare jews away from christianity. On top of that america was founded on christianity. Sorry to say that to you but Washington was a christian.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiggort

On top of that america was founded on christianity. Sorry to say that to you but Washington was a christian.

Now that was truly the smartest thing I heard all day!

[edit on 29-11-2009 by oliveoil]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil

Originally posted by chiggort

On top of that america was founded on christianity. Sorry to say that to you but Washington was a christian.

Now that was truly the smartest thing I heard all day!

You don't get out much then

This took me all of five minutes:

After the revolution, Washington frequently accompanied his wife to Christian church services; however, there is no record of his ever taking communion, and he would regularly leave services before communion—with the other non-communicants (as was the custom of the day), until, after being admonished by a rector, he ceased attending at all on communion Sundays.[75][76] Prior to communion, believers are admonished to take stock of their spiritual lives and not to participate in the ceremony unless he finds himself in the will of God.[77][78] Historians and biographers continue to debate the degree to which he can be counted as a Christian, and the degree to which he was a deist.

Source

So it is by no means a done deal unless one has an agenda of misinformation to push.

[edit on 29-11-2009 by aorAki]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

You don't get out much then

Actually I don't. I think these four walls are driving me nuts.

So it is by no means a done deal unless one has an agenda of misinformation to push.

You win Ill give you this....
Peace my brother.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Actually I don't. I think these four walls are driving me nuts.

lol, my missus drives mine

Originally posted by oliveoilYou win Ill give you this....
Peace my brother.

It's not about 'winning', just trying to get the correct information (this can be subjective/relative, I'll give you that )..oh, and for the record I'm not always right either.

You go well, too.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Whats the point of all the bickering? Its completely absurd when you think that faith is one of the main factors of being religious in the first place. Seems silly trying to present evidence and contradictions against something which doesnt need to be validated in that way.

The only problem I have with religion in general is that sometimes there seems be a type of arrogance & lack of respect for those who do not wish to be 'saved' or 'enlightened'. Couple of examples..

1. Those guys that come knocking on your door trying to give you copies of 'the watchtower'. Fine, if you want to spread the word, post it through my letterbox and if its meant to be I'll pick it up and be converted... but DONT take the aggressive stance of coming to my door and then forcing your message on me.

2. In my town centre there is literally always someone standing on a bench with a whiteboard, shouting out verses from the bible like they have some sort of bible related tourettes. If I worshipped the devil I wouldnt be allowed to stand and preach about it so why are you?

Granted, its obviously a minority of people who do this sort of stuff.. but those are the things that stick in your mind.

And as for the whole 'clothe the poor, feed the hungry, comfort the sick & help the homeless' thing... those are not acts that are designated to religious people only. Religion has not got a copyright on being a morally decent human being.

Just seems like everyone should just have a little respect for other peoples beliefs & stop forcing their views down eachothers throats.
So lets all have a big group hug followed by a chorus of 'kum-by-yah'.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   

First of all nobody besides christians care that there are "twenty two denominations and or sects of christianity".
If you believe the bible is not myth and that jesus is the devine son of god, you are a christian. simple.

One of the reasons i have a dislike for christians is their better then you attitude, for example:

Is it that we Cloth the poor? Feed the Hungry? Comfort the sick?Help the homeless?
(whens the last time you did that?)

Whes the last time you did that huh?

Another reason for the dislike is christians pushing their morals, trying to affect other peoples choices (abortions, Stem cell research etc.) Keep your views behind closed doors then no one will care what faith you belong to.

America is a Christian country and was founded on Christian Values

Do you have a point?
Christianity is not confined to america.

How is this a conspiracy anyway? People not liking christians is no conspiracy it is karma.
This complaining pointless little rant should be somewhere in BTS far away from the front page of ATS.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

I am addressing everyone and anyone who has problem against Christians.
First off when you say Christians, Who the H. E. double hockey sticks are you referring to?
There are over twenty two denominations and or sects and they are not all the same.

Second, What is your big problem anyway? Is it that we have faith and believe in Christ?
Is it that we Cloth the poor? Feed the Hungry? Comfort the sick?Help the homeless?
(Whens the last time you did that?)

Or maybe its because of our close ties to Judaism and Israel.

Our national motto is IN GOD WE TRUST for crying out loud,Which in my opinion is undeniable PROOF that the United States government acknowledges that the God of the Christian Bible exists.

If you have a problem with Christians you have a problem with America. And God knows America does not need anymore problems. So please, just CHILL OUT !!

Mods:please feel free to post where you think appropriate.

Well how should i begin, since you are addressing those with a problem, i think i will start with your first point.

There are so many different christian sects, all trying to get new members to actually believe there is an invisible man in the sky, who watches every thing you do, he made you and according to the bible a man survived in a whale, think about that then think of jack and the bean stalk.

Now on your own your not so bad, but like all religions when you come together you lack reason and common sense, your aggressive and spout nonsense, i may add its not just Christians but all denonanations i.e Muslims Jews e.t.c

No my problem is not that you do all those very nice things for the sick, homeless and the poor, you do not need to be a christian to do those things, all round goodness is not taught from a book that has caused more evil in the world than you would care to acknoladge, by Christians just like your self.

Christians when together burnt woman in the dark ages, who they said were witches, or the crusades where all kinds of evil was committed in the name of the invisible man in the sky.

Christians of today take on a new form of evil in the rapture, self full filling superstition and fear mongering, lest we forget televangelism why does god all ways need more money? Or a bigger building for his sheeple?
If like you say you care about the injustice in the world surely you can see through all of this?

Your ties to Judaism and Israel are the largest contributing factor to why terrorists attack you, its not because your free like certain politicians would have you think, when confronted with the truth like Ron Paul did in his republican debate, you boo and your corporate media attacks him.

Who does not have a problem with America? even Americans have a problem with it, just look at what you have let global elitists do!
The American dream is just that it now only happens when you are asleep and most of you are, you should look to your own door step before rushing out to fight your neighbors no?

Well i have written more than i wanted too, and have no doubt made some spelling errors, but you forgive me right!

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   

First off when you say Christians, Who the H. E. double hockey sticks are you referring to?
There are over twenty two denominations and or sects and they are not all the same.

Any religion that is included in Christendom, Catholics all the way down to Jehovah witness or any religion that stems from the bible or their selected views of the bible.

Second, What is your big problem anyway? Is it that we have faith and believe in Christ?

No not at all, its the fact that followers of Christ have no idea the values he taught and the majority of followers do not follow these values.

Is it that we Cloth the poor? Feed the Hungry? Comfort the sick?Help the homeless?(Whens the last time you did that?)

Our own government does all of this as well, and do you consider them good? The Church has done good and bad throughout it's existence. It's only when they start preaching to me and legislating there beliefs where I end up having a problem with them as a whole.

I have no problems with nudity yet we can't see nudity on TV or in public because of religious influence, but we can see all the gore and blood and guts on a continual basis in our media. Boobs are bad but violence and graphic bloodshed are good????

There is absolutely nothing Christlike in modern day Israel, the only reason I know of this support is there belief in the coming end times, where most of the population of Israel is killed......

This is a vain and prideful statement, oh and it's completely wrong.....We were founded By We the People in order to form a more Perfect Union.based in liberty and freedom and equality.......these things are not taught in the bible.... The bible condones slavery and is against interracial unions.....Oh and it we were indeed founded on Christianity where are the statues and monuments to Christ????? I have already discused this here:

The USA was founded by Secret Societies and Not Christianity.

This thread is my attempt to show that the United States of America was founded by secret societies, including the Free Masons, the Rosicrucian and basically all secret societies that exist, because IMHO all of these societies are all connected.
The USA was founded by Secret Societies and Not Christianity.

This view you have is a myth just like the myth that the majority of people are Christian.

Our national motto is IN GOD WE TRUST for crying out loud,Which in my opinion is undeniable PROOF that the United States government acknowledges that the God of the Christian Bible exists.

This has already been covered in this thread..... Im going to add imo a liberal form of government would give u the right o worship how you see fit as long as it didn't interfere with the rights of others..... A conservative form of government wishes to impose there morals on everyone by legislating there beliefs..............we are a much less Free country having to conform to beliefs that are not our own.

If you have a problem with Christians you have a problem with America. And God knows America does not need anymore problems. So please, just CHILL OUT !!

I don't have to chill out, keep your faith, beliefs and morals to yourself and stay the H. E. double hockey sticks out of my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quit trying to teach my kids in school your faith!!!!!!!!!!!

Quit telling me your more moral of a person because you belong to a certain religion. I know the history, and it's not pretty or moral.

Quit trying to legislate your beliefs!!!!!!!!!!!!

Instead of sin taxes I wanna see politically active churches TAXED yes I said it out loud....If ya all love America so much how about starting to pay your fair share!!!!!!!!!!

You are not the majority!!!!! Most do Not want to live by your sets of values or morals!!!!!!!!!!! Quit trying to limit freedom!!!!!!!!!! Start making amends for the atrocities committed by religion throughout the centuries.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluebelle

"bible related tourettes" funniest thing I've ever heard

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Wow, First, America was already discovered by the Indians and the Europeans came over and committed Genocide on the Indians in the Name of a Christian GOD - which in my opinion speaks Volumes in and of itself!

Second, The Motto In God We Trust - does not state which GOD we put our trust in and also, that motto was not our national motto by the founding fathers and was --- In God We Trust is the official motto of the United States and the U.S. state of Florida. The motto first appeared on a United States coin in 1864 during strong Christian sentiment emerging during the Civil War, but In God We Trust did not become the official U.S. national motto until after the passage of an Act of Congress in 1956.

America was founded on Religious Freedoms and that also means FREEDOM FROM RELIGION - and the so called Christians are trying to ram their beliefs down the rest of our throats by changing laws and so on. America was also founded on the SEPARATION of Church an STATE!

America may be a religious country - But it is not just a Christian country! It is a country of many religions and the Christians like yourself believe that that is sacrilege and not acceptable and this is where I think that Christians do not act in the way that Your God would accept! Love thy neighbor - no matter what their beliefs - that is the True Gods words. Not Love thy neighbor as long as they believe what you believe in!

There have been more people killed in the name of Christianity then have been killed for any other reason and I think your God is not hateful but the people that so called follow his words ARE!

Maybe its time you Christians go look for another New World to found your Christian beliefs - preferably on another planet.

And May the Real God have pity on your Christian souls!

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
When I say christians, I mean people who hide behind something they think is "moral" and twist it into whatever they need it to be to make things happen for them. I want to believe there are good people who follow the basic teachings of Christianity, such as love thy neighbor and be a positive member of society

There are things that upset me, though.

for example gay marriage. Christian lawmakers and politicians trying to appeal to Christians make gay marriage illegal (not just christians, the mormons made a huge contribution to this violation of rights)

straight up: Christianity, or any other religion for that matter, has absolutely no place in politics

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I am a christian.

Where did Jesus go to church?
Where did Jesus hold his church service?
Where did Jesus collect money for his church?

uh......he didn't do any of these
So if you call yourself a christian why would you?

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   

holy crap, you are a troll

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluebelle

Just seems like everyone should just have a little respect for other peoples beliefs & stop forcing their views down eachothers throats.

We can't sing that one cause the lyrics go "kum ba ya MY LORD" (translated into "Come by here MY LORD") I'm afraid non-believers might object to that.

[edit on 30-11-2009 by elaine]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by elaine

Originally posted by Bluebelle

We can't sing that one cause the lyrics go "kum ba ya MY LORD" (translated into "Come by here MY LORD") I'm afraid non-believers might object to that.

[edit on 30-11-2009 by elaine]

Well I'm a non-believer and I dont object to it. Its only a song!

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluebelle

. Those guys that come knocking on your door trying to give you copies of 'the watchtower'. Fine, if you want to spread the word, post it through my letterbox and if its meant to be I'll pick it up and be converted... but DONT take the aggressive stance of coming to my door and then forcing your message on me.

These are the ones who give REAL Christians a bad name.

[edit on 30-11-2009 by oliveoil]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadoMan

Wow, First, America was already discovered by the Indians and the Europeans came over and committed Genocide on the Indians in the Name of a Christian GOD - which in my opinion speaks Volumes in and of itself!

Oh please, When I said founded I was referring to the pilgrams, But if you want to go as far as the Europeans guess what, they were Christians too.

Second, The Motto In God We Trust - does not state which GOD we put our trust in and also, that motto was not our national motto by the founding fathers and was --- In God We Trust is the official motto of the United States and the U.S. state of Florida.

Wouldnt it almost have to be the Christian God ? come on now!

America was founded on Religious Freedoms

Based on Christanity

And May the Real God have pity on your Christian souls!

And who may this be?

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

>Do you feel guilty?

>Why so many? Can't they make up their minds?

> Actually no, I also believe in Christ however there is a difference between >calling one self Christian and actually following in te footsteps of Jesus.
>Like a person with multiple personalities when talking to a Christian one >never knows which face they are looking at.

(Whens the last time you did that?)

>I do this every day and have done so for the last 30 years, your point?

>Ties?

>Yes, but it seems that those values are lost in the capitalistic game of >greed.

>Yet it is that very same government that is removing God from the >textbooks, the currency and has placed "DEVOUT Muslims in high ranking >offices. Their supposedly god ordered purpose to destroy Christians...

If you have a problem with Christians you have a problem with America.

>I do not have a problem with Christians, just the people who call >themselves Christians but do not walk the walk. You know exactly of whom >I speak don't you? The ones with bumper stickers and emblems and their >middle finger raised skyward after you blow your horn when they cut you >off on the highways. You know the ones who are having affairs while their >Spouses and families wait patiently at home. Get my point. One cannot hide >behind the name Christian and say they believe in Jesus but live and act >like anything but.

And God knows America does not need anymore problems. So please, just CHILL OUT !!

>America, or at least it's government is creating its problems. Not the people >just the political idiots who have forgotten that they are supposed to be for >the people.

Mods:please feel free to post where you think appropriate.

Namaste!

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by shooterbrody

Where did Jesus go to church?

He would have been a jew and would have probably have gone to a synagogue

Where did Jesus hold his church service?

He didn't have a service he just hung out with the minions.

Where did Jesus collect money for his church?

he didn't need to, the dude was loaded, remember the gold and expensive goodies he was given by the 3 kings at birth ?

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join