It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fuming Mad Christian

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DisappearCompletely

Originally posted by oliveoil
reply to post by reeferman

Oh brother cant you see what I just wrote. zzzzzzzzzzz

You said that the USA was founded on christian values and is a christian country and he provided you with a treaty specifically stating the opposite. What else do you really need?

It is. what part of "in God we trust". don't you get

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
reply to post by Clearskies

I have yet not formed an opinion of this and hope you don't mind me asking further questions, in relation to this matter and if that's ok make every effort not to take offense ?

KK!

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River

It is. what part of "in God we trust". don't you get

Are you just trolling or what? In god we trust was first used in 1957... what's your point?

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
you may be right that it wasn't. but i don't have time to fully research it.i might be in the wrong

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

No.. you cant read the posts while your posting...

No .. America is not a christian nation.. Obviously your not open to the truth..

the Founding Fathers of this Country were Moral.. No where does this automatically mean christian values in order to know right from wrong... you assuming it does..

they were also Mason's.. so does this mean we all seek the Light?

Albert Pike.. Morals & Dogma

"It reverences all the great reformers. It sees in Moses, the Lawgiver of the Jesus, in Confucius and Zoroaster, in Jesus of Nazareth, and in the Arabian Iconoclast, Great Teachers of Morality, and Eminent Reformers, if no more:" (Morals and Dogma, p.525)

"Masonry is a search after Light. That search leads us directly back, as you see, to the Kabalah." (Morals and Dogma, p.741)

"Lucifer, the Light-bearer! Strange and mysterious name to give to the Spirit of Darkness! Lucifer, the Son of the Morning! Is it he who bears the Light, and with its splendors intolerable blinds feeble, sensual, or selfish Souls? Doubt it not!" (Morals and Dogma, p.321)

That goes directly against your reliance upon their solely having Christian Values..

This Country was founded upon an individual right to choose ones own path & the God (however self defined) given right to do so...

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DisappearCompletely

No...it wasn't....it was used way before then...it just didn't become a NATIONAL motto until '57. It was on the one and ten cent coins in 1909 and 1916 respectively. In '57 it was put onto paper currency.

The first appearance of "In God We Trust" was in Francis Scott Key's "Star Spangled Banner" in 1814. It was the motto of the Union as well to show that the Union considered themselves to be "on God's side" in the matter of slavery.

edit to add: Francis Scott Key actually used a variation of "In God We Trust" but that's beside the point.

[edit on 28-11-2009 by Agree2Disagree]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

A2D i do not disagree with you.

I have 11 years of bias teaching at uni to overcome, which i did...

Physics being my security blanket, so forgive me if i sound a little off, and im jet lagged,
but after learning quantum mechanics and its implications, i am without doubt that Hayah Asher Hayah is G-d.....

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Selahobed

Thank you for that clarification. I wasn't quite sure where you stood.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   

No .. America is not a christian nation.. Obviously your not open to the truth..

Today America is over 80 % Christian. Can someone please Wiki this?

I really must get to sleep.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

OH so its just propaganda? despite you trying to imply they would only write it down to stop people from converting...
sorry to say but that's a lame defense considering they never considered him the messiah... so.. yeah.. there own words are a very good indication of the sentiment towards Jesus at that time.. & considering its still being studied today ...

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Even now the Christian coalition on this tread think they have won. Their rationale is "We've got hundreds of posts, our message will get out just like the negative pub in Hollywood. We'll just pop our heads in and out of forums to keep it going... that way we'll be remembered."

Christians truely believe there is a "Spiritual meter" eminating from earth to show God what religion has the most power or followers. They are in a panic, their signal strength to God is weakening because Athiests, Hindi's, and Muslim's have a higher reception.

Always remember, the Christian doctrine is to convert all heathens to the Bible. Historically any indigenous spiritual belief outside Christ is viewed as barbaric and a hand of the Devil.

They DO NOT like science because it makes sense. They prefer the non-tangable stories in the Bible... wanting generations of folks to believe a man is coming back to save the earth.

They would rather us believe in 2000 year old stories rather than a electron microscope. They would want one to believe a polar bear, and Kangaroo walked and hopped across an ocean an 2 continents to be handed a boarding pass on the ARK.

Too many holes in the story.

[edit on 28-11-2009 by Level X]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil

Today America is over 80 % Christian.

That's fine... most people are followers . .

but it does not change that fact that its not forced

there is no LAW to do so..

even the original Masonic Christians knew the difference..

Then set up our form of government & stated the we are not founded as a Christian Nation..

you can be of whatever Faith you so choose...

that's the beauty of it..

you seem to want to force everyone to be Christian..

when it is simply not so...

you want someone to pat you on the back & tell you want you want to here.. well then go to church..

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki

Originally posted by Clearskies
ummmm, thats not G-d's plan!!! Maybe the NWO or the vatican, but.

How do you know it's not Gad's (I guessed the middle letter
) plan?

Doesn't she move in mysterious ways?

I'm interested. how do you know Gad's plan anyway? What is it, please?

Nice of you to pray out a burn. Maybe you could pray a leg back for that guy who lost his?

Thank you for that!! Made my evening!

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by hardamber

Being Christian is only about one thing. Its not about being Christ-like. If you think you are that, then you are sadly mistaken. Its about love.

Love God.
Love thy neighbor, as thyself.

That is Christianity.
Support your brother when he cries for help.
Its not about you.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   

So what if Christians help the poor? So do a lot of secular people. There is nothing spiritual about feeling the need to help those with less than you.

FACT: America is a Christian country and was founded on Christian Values.

Many of the founding father's were actually deists who reject the idea of revealed religion and many tenets of Christianity. The eye on the pyramid is the all seeing eye of god. It doesn't specify a Christian God neither does In God We trust. A belief in God does not make you a Christian.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   

if 80% of america is christian then why are so "fuming mad" about what the other 20% of the country has to say about something? with such a vast majority can't you handle disagreement and debate from the minority? with numbers like that it's like the elephant getting mad about the mice that want to knock him over.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ufoptics

Why would any Christian go out of their way to convince you of anything? I'm all for not saying a word and letting you, your wife, your children, your friends,and anyone else you love go straight to Hell if it exists. Why on Earth do you think any Christian should care?

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   

I'm just sick of idiots. Especially proselytizing idiots.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
To hate christianity because you disagree with the legends and myths that the religion presents is really missing the point. To debate whether jesus existed is also missing the point.
Legends, healings, stories about whether he was the son of God or not aside, the words he spoke were an ancient truth. He did not start a religion but rather awakened an ancient sense of spirituality, that IMO, changed the world.
I don't need a church or a book of archaic opinions on wisdom and age old fables to make me a Christian. If a person follows the moral teachings of the one called Jesus then they are justified in their lives. It's a hard path and it's filled with trials and sacrifice but when you've fulfilled your responsibility to your fellow man then the stigma of death becomes less fearsome.
You see, Jesus didn't save the world. He tricked it. A program was started and now we're seeing the fruits of that program blossom. Remember, he said that the days shall be shortened for if they weren't no flesh shall be spared. My hat's off to the man who pulled it off- son of God or not.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by R0BCROW75
To hate christianity because you disagree with the legends and myths that the religion presents is really missing the point. To debate whether jesus existed is also missing the point.
Legends, healings, stories about whether he was the son of God or not aside, the words he spoke were an ancient truth. He did not start a religion but rather awakened an ancient sense of spirituality, that IMO, changed the world.
I don't need a church or a book of archaic opinions on wisdom and age old fables to make me a Christian. If a person follows the moral teachings of the one called Jesus then they are justified in their lives. It's a hard path and it's filled with trials and sacrifice but when you've fulfilled your responsibility to your fellow man then the stigma of death becomes less fearsome.
You see, Jesus didn't save the world. He tricked it. A program was started and now we're seeing the fruits of that program blossom. Remember, he said that the days shall be shortened for if they weren't no flesh shall be spared. My hat's off to the man who pulled it off- son of God or not.

Those are the smartest words Ive heard all day

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join