It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fuming Mad Christian

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

No one has answered my simple question? Why did the pilgrims leave the mother country? to escape what?

The Pilgrims, as I have found in my research over the years, were Sabbath Keepers who were trying to find somewhere that they could practice their Saturday Sabbath, they were not "Jewish", but they did keep Shabbat. It was severely frowned upon by the Catholic church to ignor their mandate to practice Sunday worship. This led to the deaths of many poor souls that kept a Saturday Sabbath, the Roman persecution of Jews and others who went against early Catholicism, then the Spanish Inqiusition, the Pogroms, etc. were all designed to destroy those who opposed the Catholic status quo.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil
I am addressing everyone and anyone who has problem against Christians.
First off when you say Christians, Who the H. E. double hockey sticks are you referring to?
There are over twenty two denominations and or sects and they are not all the same.

Second, What is your big problem anyway? Is it that we have faith and believe in Christ?
Is it that we Cloth the poor? Feed the Hungry? Comfort the sick?Help the homeless?
(Whens the last time you did that?)

Or maybe its because of our close ties to Judaism and Israel.

FACT: America is a Christian country and was founded on Christian Values.

Our national motto is IN GOD WE TRUST for crying out loud,Which in my opinion is undeniable PROOF that the United States government acknowledges that the God of the Christian Bible exists.

If you have a problem with Christians you have a problem with America. And God knows America does not need anymore problems. So please, just CHILL OUT !!

Mods:please feel free to post where you think appropriate.

Just turn the other cheek

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by rizla

I am addressing everyone and anyone who has problem against Christians.
First off when you say Christians, Who the H. E. double hockey sticks are you referring to?
There are over twenty two denominations and or sects and they are not all the same.

Second, What is your big problem anyway? Is it that we have faith and believe in Christ?
Is it that we Cloth the poor? Feed the Hungry? Comfort the sick?Help the homeless?
(Whens the last time you did that?)

Or maybe its because of our close ties to Judaism and Israel.

FACT: America is a Christian country and was founded on Christian Values.

Our national motto is IN GOD WE TRUST for crying out loud,Which in my opinion is undeniable PROOF that the United States government acknowledges that the God of the Christian Bible exists.

If you have a problem with Christians you have a problem with America. And God knows America does not need anymore problems. So please, just CHILL OUT !!

Mods:please feel free to post where you think appropriate.

Just turn the other cheek

That does not mean exactly what you think it means.

"At the time of Jesus, striking someone deemed to be of a lower class with the back of the hand was used to assert authority and dominance.[2] If the persecuted person "turned the other cheek," the discipliner was faced with a dilemma. The left hand was used for unclean purposes, so a back-hand strike on the opposite cheek would not be performed.[3] The other alternative would be a slap with the open hand as a challenge or to punch the person, but this was seen as a statement of equality. Thus, by turning the other cheek the persecuted was in effect demanding equality."

en.wikipedia.org...
(I know it's from wikipedia but there are many other sources you can google if the source is an issue for you)

Also, I think some of the founding fathers were Christians, most were deists but they all believed in god.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

For what reason did the founding fathers of MY country enact the Declaration of Independence ? Ill give you a clue, FREEDOM OF RELIGION.

Exactly.

Not just Christianity, but all religions.

Maybe you should reread my post where there is Constitutional Law which reinforces this.

It's not just for Christians.

I'm out of this thread as I'm sick of reiterating myself to stupid people

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
My defenition of christianaity-the biggest scam the world has ever seen.Tell jesus I said bring it on lol.Have a nice day.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Oh one more thing ,I love the symbology of the "PAGEN" sun behind marys head in your avatar.You dillusional/uneducated christians are so amusing.Dont mind me though satan is playing games with my head.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by trey85
My defenition of christianaity-the biggest scam the world has ever seen.Tell jesus I said bring it on lol.Have a nice day.

You have no understanding of what you just wrote. Any one who does not like christianity think what the world would of been without it.

Would you prefer to have lived in africa or india, where life means nothing?

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman

Originally posted by Jordan River
ats is just an excuse for more atheist to use their agenda

Pleas feel free to explain what you believe this agenda to be

You claimed on another thread that your a ring leader or whatever of an atheist movement. I don't mind atheist at all. it's called tolerance. what atheist barley have learned for themselves is that they have no tolerance of the church. Forget the church and the idea of it. You put religion so neatly tight in a man's hands that you all forgot where it came from. the spirit. I don't claim any religion although I have been a buddist, Luthran, satanist, occultist and here where I lay to this day a spiritualist. So i tell you first hand. another thing is that majority of ats members are atheist. Which you know can't do anything about it. But they claim arrogantly that you're right and were(church/spiritual people/religious) are wrong. any open ended verse from the bible becomes so secrutinize and torn apart that it has been completly altered. I do blame man for changing the bible over the course of years, not to mention hidden scripture and other scrolls. You depend too much on yourselves for all answers and never consider asking for wisdom of the universe. What if you're wrong. I know the truth. be mislead in thought. I will tolerate and accept that I can't change people. But atheist are turning too radical on ats. Their becoming what they hate, radical just like the religious people they challenge. I see more atheist attacking relgious/spiritual people on this site.

[edit on 28-11-2009 by Jordan River]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Let's see. How can I get you even more fuming mad. Oh yeah. Anything Jesus can do, I can do better. Lighten up. We all have to take some brickbats once in a while.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by concernedcitizan
Let's see. How can I get you even more fuming mad. Oh yeah. Anything Jesus can do, I can do better. Lighten up. We all have to take some brickbats once in a while.

No offense but we have constant negative forums on ats. nothing good or neutral. Just horrible negatives. yeah catholics are bad. we shouldn't of did the witch burning, pedophiles, mass pagan murders etc. Get over it's in the pass. (except for the pedophiles) Nothing has yet to seen on a even ground. It's obvious that perhaps we have a conspricy on ats as an atheist movement... sp?

what you forget is that it's mankind translation of God's word. we are corruptible beings so we corrupt our understand of Christ way to our own. So we did northing more but became pharisees again. lol

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

You have no understanding of what you just wrote. Any one who does not like christianity think what the world would of been without it.

What kind of ridiculous question is this? How would the world be if the invisible pink unicorn or the flying spaghetti monster were the only real gods of our planet? How would the world be if science was sought after and not persecuted by the church for almost 2000 years? I could really go on, but its a ridiculous scenario because you're asking for details on something that didn't happen. Let me ask you this: how has christianity made the world a fundamentally better place?

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Would you prefer to have lived in africa or india, where life means nothing?

that is a ridiculous response. for starters, how can you say life means nothing in africa or india? just because you may not care doesn't mean that they don't value their lives.
secondly, a world without christianity would be awesome. it's simply mythology that some people have taken too far. it was written in a time before we had made the scientific advances we have now and before we could really understand much beyond our own 10 mile area as a way to explain what we could not know. almost all christians pick and choose what they will believe from the bible to form their own beliefs BASED in chrisitianity. most of my friends and family are christians and none of them even completely agree on what hell is, what the trinity means and so on. so to have 1 billion people that don't completely agree on what they believe out their preaching that they know the one true way is not a good thing. any group of people that thinks i will burn for eternity in a fiery hell because i don't agree with them cannot be seen as a tolerant religion.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DisappearCompletely

What kind of ridiculous question is this? How would the world be if the invisible pink unicorn or the flying spaghetti monster were the only real gods of our planet? How would the world be if science was sought after and not persecuted by the church for almost 2000 years? I could really go on, but its a ridiculous scenario because you're asking for details on something that didn't happen. Let me ask you this: how has christianity made the world a fundamentally better place?

Morals and ethics my friend. we have nothing without these things. what is right and what is wrong. If we didn't have any of these than we would have a world where it would be fine having sex with married woman and of course killing people, rape etc etc. we have chaos complete chaos. Nothing calm but bleak endless chaos. We still have it. But this would be global. Laws are amongst us for a reason

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Morals and ethics my friend. we have nothing without these things. what is right and what is wrong. If we didn't have any of these than we would have a world where it would be fine having sex with married woman and of course killing people, rape etc etc. we have chaos complete chaos. Nothing calm but bleak endless chaos. We still have it. But this would be global. Laws are amongst us for a reason

Sorry to break it to you, but morals and ethics were not a christian creation.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Sorry to break it to you, but morals and ethics were not a christian creation.

The Jewish law is pretty much still used throughout america. The structure of the torah was a law created ahead of it's time. and please don't research that it's based on another ancient law because I already know that. What makes you challenge christian so much? go scream at God.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by realshanti

even if you stick to simply what Christ said I think you will find it challenging - Christ says to take up your cross and follow Him -

Sorry dude still no evidence for the bloke actually being a real character, unless of course one accepts the bible as enough evidence.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

The Jewish law is pretty much still used throughout america. The structure of the torah was a law created ahead of it's time. and please don't research that it's based on another ancient law because I already know that. What makes you challenge christian so much? go scream at God.

Why would i go scream at god? I don't even believe in the christian god. You do realise that laws existed far prior to the torah, right? The origin of morals have nothing to do with abrahamic religions as much as its followers like to claim.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Why would i go scream at god? I don't even believe in the christian god. You do realise that laws existed far prior to the torah, right? The origin of morals have nothing to do with abrahamic religions as much as its followers like to claim.

agreed but most people. Well the west still abide to parts of the abraham laws. I understand where you're coming from but you're not seeing what I'm saying. I'm done with our debate. excited for a moocow socratic

[edit on 28-11-2009 by Jordan River]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Look, religion has persecuted and hindered science, science now is taking it's turn in persecuting religion by proposing all sorts of "evidence" that is used in a backlash to refute the existence of a Creator.

Let's get over our egos and accept the fact that we're human. We'll learn when we die whether we were right or wrong, but by then it won't even matter. Let's live in the present, not the future or the past. Shake hands and get over it. We're all humans, let's treat each other fairly and move on.

A2D

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree
Look, religion has persecuted and hindered science, science now is taking it's turn in persecuting religion by proposing all sorts of "evidence" that is used in a backlash to refute the existence of a Creator.

Let's get over our egos and accept the fact that we're human. We'll learn when we die whether we were right or wrong, but by then it won't even matter. Let's live in the present, not the future or the past. Shake hands and get over it. We're all humans, let's treat each other fairly and move on.

A2D

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join