It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fuming Mad Christian

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Hi Everyone

I was brought up by agnostic parents, went to a multi-faith school in London and have read a bit about all the main faiths.

I beleive in a higher power or supreme being, or God if you like, i'm monotheistic but not Abrahamic. I don't follow any religion.

Consider the following two facts: Christianity began as a Jewish cult. The Koran was revealed 500 years after the death of Christ.

The Koran says that the Jewish and Islamic God IS THE SAME GOD but the Jews and Christians just got it wrong. Noah, Job, Jesus, The Exodus etc etc are all documented in the Koran.

Without doubt, everyone should be free to make an informed choice.

For me, the problem with christianity is that you basically have a bible composed of the Old Testament which has more relevance to Judaism. Then four thousand years later, you have this epilogue stuck on the end, the new testament, in which Jesus shows up and tells everyone he is the son of God.

So, to the OP and christians everywhere: who is your God? Father, son or Holy Ghost? Or all three rolled into................ what exactly?

WHO WAS CHRIST? That is the question...

[edit on 28-11-2009 by chiggort]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

In logic, the “law of the excluded middle” states that a thing either is, or it is not. A line either is straight, or it is not straight.

it would appear that quantum entanglement may possibly refute this.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Chillidog1

If you look at what I was quoting you'll see that I was using that to represent division, not murder....

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kaskade

Again IF YOU'RE GLORIFYING JESUS AND WORSHIPPING JESUS YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.

Jesus did not glorify himself nor did he worship himself. We're to glorify the Father and worship Him only. Read the posts, I already said this....

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

Also, your plagiarism has been noted. Isn't this against the T&C?

How so? I never said it was mine. Yea I took took it from a web site and posted it here because it makes sense. You should read it. The guys name is WAYNE JACKSON. I have used this before with his name also attached. I guess it didnt come out this way here. honest mistake.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

The pilgrims at Plymouth rock were NOT the founding fathers and did NOT set up the United States of America.

For what reason did the founding fathers of MY country enact the Declaration of Independence ? Ill give you a clue, FREEDOM OF RELIGION.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Your statement saying your son believes what you taught him is hardly supporting evidence. You know, after reading your responses and watching you stick to your ridiculous premises with no real supporting evidence (bar some from websites of those who believe what you do), agree with those who already agree with you, and ignore many, many relevant points about what this nation was founded on, I believe have to agree with whoever it was who called you a troll. It's either that you are simply so set in your ways and so don't understand how to separate the secular from the religious that you just don't play well with others and probably never will, not on any level.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   

That appears nowhere in the Constitution or the Declaration of Independence. Nowhere do any of these documents refer to Christianity. Even those with a rudimentary knowledge of history knows that our country, is founded on principles that protect those wishing to practice their religions from the government and also to protect the government from religion. It's not a difficult concept but it does take a bit of reading, research, and thought.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil
I am addressing everyone and anyone who has problem against Christians.
First off when you say Christians, Who the H. E. double hockey sticks are you referring to?
There are over twenty two denominations and or sects and they are not all the same.

-I- am referring to all of these denominations and or sects for as much as they are different they are the same.

I do exempt certain people who have truly shown they are above the normal grades of idiocy.

Second, What is your big problem anyway? Is it that we have faith and believe in Christ?

No, its that many 'christians' proclaim theirs is the only correct path in life and disregard the faith in god I, and many other non-christians, have.

One must show respect if they wish to receive it.

Is it that we Cloth the poor? Feed the Hungry? Comfort the sick?Help the homeless?
(Whens the last time you did that?)

When is the last time YOU did that?
I have my charitable causes which I support in various ways.

But lets not drag this down to that level... pagans, jews and a lot of others are actively involved with the causes you listed and many more. Yet many christians will still vilify pagans and those who believe along those lines.

FACT: America is a Christian country and was founded on Christian Values.

Our national motto is IN GOD WE TRUST for crying out loud,Which in my opinion is undeniable PROOF that the United States government acknowledges that the God of the Christian Bible exists.

nobeliefs.com...

Distortions of history occur in the minds of many Christians whenever they see the word "God" embossed in statue or memorial concrete. For example, those who visit the Jefferson Memorial in Washington will read Jefferson's words engraved: "I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every from of tyranny over the mind of man." When they see the word "God" many Christians see this as "proof" of his Christianity without thinking that "God" can have many definitions ranging from nature to supernatural. Yet how many of them realize that this passage aimed at attacking the tyranny of the Christian clergy of Philadelphia, or that Jefferson's God was not the personal god of Christianity? Those memorial words came from a letter written to Benjamin Rush in 1800 in response to Rush's warning about the Philadelphia clergy attacking Jefferson (Jefferson was seen as an infidel by his enemies during his election for President). The complete statement reads as follows:

"The returning good sense of our country threatens abortion to their hopes, & they [the clergy] believe that any portion of power confided to me, will be exerted in opposition to their schemes. And they believe rightly; for I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. But this is all they have to fear from me: & enough too in their opinion, & this is the cause of their printing lying pamphlets against me. . ."

Enough said or shall we continue?

If you have a problem with Christians you have a problem with America. And God knows America does not need anymore problems. So please, just CHILL OUT !!

United we stand, divided we fall. I don't have a problem with Christians, I have a problem when people attempt to invalidate my rights with their theology.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

No one has answered my simple question? Why did the pilgrims leave the mother country? to escape what?

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree
reply to post by Doc Holiday

You're asking Christians to basically walk by a drowning individual without attempting to save them. "Love your neighbor as you love thyself" means that we should try just as hard to help save others from sin as we do to save ourselves.

I understand where you're coming from, but you also must understand where Christians are coming from.

Do you, as a Christian, ever consider the idea that maybe you are the ones drowning and everyone else is trying to throw you a life line to safety? That, through misinterpretation, you are not following the path that god defined and it is the non-christian who is trying to save you from sin?

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

No one has answered my simple question? Why did the pilgrims leave the mother country? to escape what?

The Pilgrims were Protestants who came to America because of oppression from the English Monarchy and The Christian Church.

So one group of Christians were oppressing another group of Christians.

Most people would prefer Christians of every denomination to live and let live according to his or her own beliefs.

I think you knew this though.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

That appears nowhere in the Constitution or the Declaration of Independence. Nowhere do any of these documents refer to Christianity

No, however they do refer to a Creator, and they knew who that was.

nitynite.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Quantum entanglement???? I think you meant none locality..

Your entangled paired particle still travels the same straight line through time as yourself unless your paired particle passes through a singularity and gets sucked in, but the other paired particle would still be free to go on that straight line through time.... In theory...

None locality however suggests that we exist in all parts of the universe at the same time, hence no locality, however the universe still ticks along in that straight line through time, dependent on your mass, speed, and density, however whatever dependancies you have, your view of time would still be straight relative to the observer...

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
This tread uncovers how far radical Christians will to go to promote and defend their faith.

Frankly it is sickening and on the same level as the Nazi's... Here we are 2000 years later and the "pulpit puppets" at Christianity INC. are still trolling fairytales from the Bible to hang on to their BS.

I strongly feel Christians are the true "Devils Children." because they have keep sooooo much termoil going in humanity. Now the foot soldiers are frantic because their reign has come to and end...

Just like the missionaries of old, there are many on this site, who are hired to do Gods work by storming the internet to challenge and betrait anything NON-Christain.

For me there is no use in childish "Bible Banter" because with them... (christians) there is always a back door out of reason... They have been the real terrorists in American History... and everyone with a brain knows it.

You talk about the illuminati... and conspiracy... Christians have been the center piece of it all. Their Jesus and ideology have been the blue print for racial injustice for a millenium. Finally, they are fading away and being absorbed in a more educated and unversal spiritual order... and they are pissed!

BUSINESS AIN'T AS USUAL... FOR CHRISTIANS, ITS A TIME FOR DRASTIC MEASURES MY FRIENDS.

Their tactic: to make everyone of us feel un-American if you don't roll their way

Like rock stars, their screaming preachers have taken their followers to the arena. Millions are raised to feed a paultry few... as the tax exempt cash is stashed in Christian safe houses (Banks) around the world to fund lord knows what.

And then... we have those countless cases of high ranking sexual abuse... My Jesus, what ah upstanding team!

Food for thought.

[edit on 28-11-2009 by Level X]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Sorry mode, I believe I was baited into stooping to a low level, so I'm deleting the post that was originally in this space.

[edit on 29-11-2009 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

reply to post by aorAki

The pilgrims at Plymouth rock were NOT the founding fathers and did NOT set up the United States of America.

For what reason did the founding fathers of MY country enact the Declaration of Independence ? Ill give you a clue, FREEDOM OF RELIGION.

Well, I'll check in here, oliveoil. Why don't the Christians leave everyone alone? I'm a Wicca, and I've have many Christians try to make me join their cult, and tell me I'm going to Hell. I always say this: "It's YOUR Hell, not mine, so go there yourself!? Heaven and Hell exists only in your head, there is no Hell, or Heaven, there is a afterlife, and we have all been there. We are born again and again and again, though reincarnation, every time you go to the Light. I have seen where I'm going, to a very peaceful place, plenty of nature, animals, and a nice blue sky. The Heaven in the Bible has us dressed in robes, kneeling before the God you worship on a stone floor and praising every second. does that sound like fun? Fun is playing, drinking ice cold beer, and smoking good herbs, and making out with plenty of pretty girls, or guys, if you are a woman, or gay. We call it Summerland. Understand this is not an attack on you, personally, or of Christianity in general, it is my opinion, and nothing more than that.

So give up trying to "save" everyone from your Hell, some of us actually read the Bible all the way through, and then research everything in there, and then read everything of the occult, the Kabbala, the Key, Greater and Lessor, and then we know all of the truths behind it.

We have a Christian family that lives next door to us, and they hate our guts because we don't join their cult, and yes, it is a cult, look up the word and see for yourself. Why do they hate? Freedom of religion means all religions, not just one. Some quotes from our Founders...

"I wish it (Christianity) were more productive of good works ... I mean real good works ... not holy-day keeping, sermon-hearing ... or making long prayers, filled with flatteries and compliments despised by wise men, and much less capable of pleasing the Deity."--- Benjamin Franklin, Works, Vol. VII, p. 75

"As I understand the Christian religion, it was, and is, a revelation. But how has it happened that millions of fables, tales, legends, have been blended with both Jewish and Christian revelation that have made them the most bloody religion that ever existed?" --- John Adams, letter to F.A. Van der Kamp, Dec. 27, 1816

"In every country and every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot ... they have perverted the purest religion ever preached to man into mystery and jargon, unintelligible to all mankind, and therefore the safer engine for their purpose." --- Thomas Jefferson, to Horatio Spafford, March 17, 1814

"But a short time elapsed after the death of the great reformer of the Jewish religion, before his principles were departed from by those who professed to be his special servants, and perverted into an engine for enslaving mankind, and aggrandizing their oppressors in Church and State." --- Thomas Jefferson to S. Kercheval, 1810

"On the dogmas of religion, as distinguished from moral principles, all mankind, from the beginning of the world to this day, have been quarreling, fighting, burning and torturing one another, for abstractions unintelligible to themselves and to all others, and absolutely beyond the comprehension of the human mind." --- Thomas Jefferson to Carey, 1816

Creeds have been the bane of the Christian church ... made of Christendom a slaughter-house." --- Thomas Jefferson to Benjamin Waterhouse, Jun. 26, 1822

"Experience witnesseth that ecclesiastical establishments, instead of maintaining the purity and efficacy of religion, have had a contrary operation. During almost fifteen centuries has the legal establishment of Christianity been on trial. What has been its fruits? More or less, in all places, pride and indolence in the clergy; ignorance and servility in the laity; in both, superstition, bigotry and persecution." --- James Madison, "A Memorial and Remonstrance", 1785

Quotes taken from Founding Father Quotes on Religion

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I am addressing everyone and anyone who has problem against Christians.
First off when you say Christians, Who the H. E. double hockey sticks are you referring to?
There are over twenty two denominations and or sects and they are not all the same.

Second, What is your big problem anyway? Is it that we have faith and believe in Christ?
Is it that we Cloth the poor? Feed the Hungry? Comfort the sick?Help the homeless?
(Whens the last time you did that?)

Or maybe its because of our close ties to Judaism and Israel.

FACT: America is a Christian country and was founded on Christian Values.

Our national motto is IN GOD WE TRUST for crying out loud,Which in my opinion is undeniable PROOF that the United States government acknowledges that the God of the Christian Bible exists.

If you have a problem with Christians you have a problem with America. And God knows America does not need anymore problems. So please, just CHILL OUT !!

Mods:please feel free to post where you think appropriate.

I appreciate your passion for your religion but I must sate / ask a few things?

Please show me where the documents are that back up your "fact" that america is and was founded on the christian religion and values. I thought america was founded on the search for resources and on the backs of slave labor.

"IN GOD WE TRUST" is found on us currency. It does not state "IN JESUS WE TRUST" so I am trying to figure out how that equates to the god of the christian bible. Why is the statement "IN GOD WE TRUST" on currency anyway?

I am happy for you that you have a belief.
Have YOU ever physically:
clothed the poor?
fed the hungry?
comforted the sick?
helped the homeless?
or do you just drop your check into the plate and consider your work done?

22 denominations and sects....why so many and which one is right?
Are you in the right club? Are the rest of them doomed?

I am not attacking you or your beliefs. I am just bringing up a few points. It is my hope that people of all religions will wake up and realize just how absurd the whole religion thing is. You can believe in Jesus without following a group of people. I am someone who was a self proclaimed christian for 35 years of my life. Now, I just am...

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixDown

Please, enlighten me, what sin am I committing?

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Good response but it is not the answer as it is still based on an assumption drawn from our present limited knowledge of the known universe and sciences that govern it, and therefore still requires a leap of faith.

We, as a species are sub-infantile relative to the age of that which surrounds us, and we have only just started to grasp the sciences and their potential to enlighten us to what the universe holds and what may be beyond, I am not beyond the belief or possible understanding that there are planes of existence which may one day be shown to be true or what may occur when or if we leave our material bodies upon death.

Neither you or I can say with any confidence what comes after death.

Given the relatively logical argument you gave, why would you choose Christianity, why not just believe in god and leave it at that?

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join