It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fuming Mad Christian

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

It's quite simple -

People that believe in things that don't exist are deluded.

There have been more sightings of UFOs this century than sitings of "God".

Ten Questions Every Intelligent Christian Must Answer.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by happy_spork

Well, mainly because if there are those that are truly seeking, I would like to be of assistance.
Also

Hebrews 13:2
Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels.

edit to add: please dont take that to mean that I think angels are on ATS

[edit on 28-11-2009 by Agree2Disagree]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil
Our national motto is IN GOD WE TRUST for crying out loud,Which in my opinion is undeniable PROOF that the United States government acknowledges that the God of the Christian Bible exists.

What makes you think it refers to your god? It doesn't say that. There are hundreds of gods.

Given the way they behave at Bohemian Grove, I'd say they are referring to Moloch.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

I salute you for being strong and wise enough to extricate yourself from that very difficult marriage. That took a lot of courage.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree

edit to add: please dont take that to mean that I think angels are on ATS

I was very concerned for your sanity for a moment LOL. But I do completely understand and respect your point of view, even if I do not necessarily agree.

[edit on 28-11-2009 by happy_spork]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
enough of this nonsense. what i see here is a group of people who are self-righteous. christianity is fundamentally good, people are normally bad. it is not the religion, it is the person. its a simple concept.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by happy_spork

Immediately after posting that I was like "THIS IS ATS, WHAT AM I DOING!?"

Yes, that is all I ask, understanding. I don't care if someone agrees with me or not(hence the moniker), just don't ridicule me for my personal beliefs.

Respectfully
A2D

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   

christianity is merely a tool used by the government to control the masses. preachers of all denominations use the pulpit to spew political agendas. i don't care what you call yourself, christian, muslim, hindu, whatever you are all to be feared. too much life has been taken because of religion.

faith in god is a good thing. faith in a religion is frightening.

if you claim a religion to be your definition, then you are a person to be feared.

-subfab

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   

FACT: America is a Christian country and was founded on Christian Values.

Our national motto is IN GOD WE TRUST for crying out loud,Which in my opinion is undeniable PROOF that the United States government acknowledges that the God of the Christian Bible exists.

just to keep facts straight:

...The Pledge of Allegiance to the United States is an oath of loyalty to the republic of the United States of America, originally composed by Francis Bellamy in 1892.

The Pledge has been modified four times since then, with the most recent change adding the words "under God" in 1954.

en.wikipedia.org...
++

...U.S. Treasury - Fact Sheet on the History of"In God We Trust"

www.ustreas.gov...

History of 'In God We Trust' The motto IN GOD WE TRUST was placed on United States coins largely because of the increased religious sentiment existing during the Civil War.

the word 'God' was not instrumental in the founders hearts... the above two
sources tell us explicitly that 'God' came on coinage during the stressful peiod of the civil war.

'God' came into the Pledge of Allegiance in 1954...after several sponsers cited Abraham Lincon's civil war speech that mentioned 'God'...

reality check !

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
"FACT: America is a Christian country and was founded on Christian Values."

"Our national motto is IN GOD WE TRUST for crying out loud,Which in my opinion is undeniable PROOF that the United States government acknowledges that the God of the Christian Bible exists."

Correction(sorry if this has already been covered):

"As the government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian Religion..."

- Article 11 of the Treaty of Tripoli 1797. (Unanimously ratified by the U.S. Senate and signed by President John Adams.)
avalon.law.yale.edu...

P.S. I have absolutely no problem with Christians. Just trying to keep the facts strait.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   

ok - as this is ATS.com ,

why should we accept the existance of a god - just because the US govt proclaims it ?

look around you at all the thousands of threads - it is a common trend on ATS.com to reject the answer / opinion supplied by the US govt , simply because of the prevalant beleif that ` the govt always lies to us `

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

reply to post by theonlyrusty

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you said:
If you have a belief in a God, keep it to yourself.

That's not what we're instructed to do. "No one lights a lamp and then covers it with a jar or puts it under a bed, but puts it on a lampstand so that those who come in can see the light. " We are to let our light shine through to bring glory to God.

be a light by living your life in a godly manner. i listen to people's actions.

-subfab

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
It doesn't resally matter whether the US Government acknowledges "God" or whether the US is a "Christian" country does it?

The US being the main propagator of war today - invading other people's coutries at the drop of a hat to further capitalism.

Sending young boys out to die invading other people's countries.

Religion is just a tool of control.

They use it to control you and your thoughts. Make you behave.

But they don't behave do they.

We could even say that they are "evil".

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Op, I applaud your courage to jump into the lion's den here and stand firm.
There is so much hostility from so many who analyze and research all the splinters in the eyes of the Christians and other faiths while avoiding the logs in their own eyes.

We have never seen atoms, yet we have all kinds of scientific scripture to prove they exist. Science is a far more dangerous violent set of beliefs that generally share many of the same characteristics as other faiths. Only science has no morals, values, scruples, or ethics. Except those being applied by the individual not the scientist.

More deaths and war and upheaval have resulted in the pursuit of new technologies and capital gain from discoveries and the crave for being bigger stronger, healthier, stealthier, and faster than your enemies. I see science as a very narcissistic faith. Here it seems the pursuer of scientific truth has a god like complex who has to know how everything works and wants to know the origin and nature of the universe. All seemingly innocent enough questions however what moral or ethical price do those obsessed greedy or delusional scientists have to pay in the pursuit of their truth faith?

(enter mad scientist breaking into delusional take over the world laughter, "Wha... hah..ahhhahahhhahhhhhahhhhhhaaaaaaaaa"!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree
reply to post by kaskade

What does his name even matter? It is his message that matters.

Besides, if Christians are worshipping Jesus then they're going about it all wrong. To whom did Jesus give glory to? Himself? I think not....

What does his name matter?
a title has no meaning without definition.
If you are going to glorify someone, at least know the person's name and WHO he is. NOT what someone says he is.
If you are going to WORSHIP someone, at least get in touch with the REAL PERSON, not what some bible, who was WRITTEN by FLAWED MEN.
There is more to life, than what a man can say or see.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   

In My Humble Opinion, both Muslims and Christians are idiot idiologies. Just because Christians don't go out beheading people, doesn't mean they aren't dangerous. My gosh, look at the issue of abortion and how Christian fundamentalists have botched that one.

A Christian is someone who follows the teachings of Christ in their daily walk in life.

A Muslim is someone who follows the teachings of Mohammed in their daily walk in life.

Do you see some parallels here ?

Christians believe in judgement of their works.
Muslims believe they'll get 77 vestal virgins for their works.

Christians have zealots.
Muslims have bombers.

So you see, there is not much difference between them. And to correct a statement made in a follow up posting here, the Founding Father's brought over 2 books with them from England when they settled America. (1) Holy Bible and (2) the Common Law.

I don't think we should be embracing the One World Church with Obama as he see's it.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   

FACT: America is a Christian country and was founded on Christian Values.

Nope.. sorry.. Not a Fact.

This is the spin the media has put on our country over the years. I am a Christian, a protestant American. I also happen to be a lover of American History. I am not writing this to bash you but to show you what the truth really is concerning this matter.

The principles this country was based on are called Natural Law. This is a system of laws that is believed to govern all mankind given to us by our Creator. This was widely known and used in England and used to be taught to lawyers in Law School. This is why the founding father's choose to use this for our country.

These laws can be akin to Christian values but they were Not based on Christian values but rather on common values generally held to be God given that all major religions agree on. It is like a guide for human conduct. It has been cited as a component in United States Declaration of Independence and the Constitution of the United States.

When theses documents speak of God given rights they are not talking about Christian rights but Natural Law. This was a way the founding fathers could keep God given values in Government without specifying a certain religious dispensation. It is true to say the founding fathers did place God given human rights high on their list of beliefs for the people of this country but not to say it must adhere to Christianity or any other religion itself.

The founding fathers actually wanted these God given values to be upheld by the people and politicians, so strongly that they said that Our Government would not function properly with out it, that Politicians must conduct themselves in this manner according with Natural Law.

There were a large group of Christians living in America at the time of it's founding called the Pilgrims or Puritans. However, they were not the first Europeans to come here and our founding fathers were not members of this group.

We get the impression from the media that this is a Christian country because when people read about God in these historical document or on our money, they jump to that conclusion, never understanding about Natural Law what it is or where it came from. We hear stories of Pilgrims at Thanksgiving and believe that these were the same people who founded this country. They were not.

It has been easy to jump to these conclusions over the years to rally the people through the media so we can be good citizens and help defend this country from our enemies. The media will make you believe that all attacking foes are Non Godly and evil peoples. This was done to the Japanese since the 40's and to the Russians during the cold war, and now to the Muslims in the middle east. Yes there are factions of each that twist godly values to promote their own agenda but at the core of each of those peoples religions they are God fearing people as they understand God. It is the governments themselves through their actions that make the people of their countries seem evil. Yet we are taught through the media that all their peoples believe and behave as their governments do. that we as a "Christian Nation" must make a stand against these evil invaders. Because of this twisting of the truth, Our Government is really no better than the other governments.

I hope this has been helpful.

[edit on 28-11-2009 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by radarloveguy

The meek will inherit the earth ,

but not before they win the fight !

satan has a firm grip on the lost , - nothing that can't be undone !

The fight is on, The fight is on!!

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

what? is the OP too scared to come back and check his/her replies?
lol
Like I said , Bare with me, I have very limited internet access time.However, I will try to answer your reply.

The only thing that you said that actually made any sense was ,

we are missing the very beauty of this earth and in the everyday occurrences of our lives that we are destroying the very essence of what we are.

Take a look deep inside yourself. What do you consist of?
A body, a spirit, and a soul. Most people use there bodies, however these people are spiritually ignorant.

well, OP, your a Christian, so according to your Bible, all this destruction is actually a good thing right? It means the end times are about us and the more the earth gets beat up, the closer it is to complete destruction, the sooner God will come save all of you guys..

You just dont get it do you?.

reply to post by CHA0S

Just to make it clear...I am not Atheist...nor am I religious...

it's just as arrogant to say God doesn't exist, as it is to say he does exist IMO...so I just go about my life, being the best person I can...and that's all I can do...if God does exist...I just hope that's enough to get into Heaven...or at least avoid Hell...

The unexamined life is not worth living.

reply to post by spikey

Firstly...are you Ned Flanders?

Okely Dokely...

Secondly..did you actually manage to keep a straight face when you wrote "The H.E. double hokey sticks?

If you are referring to a cartoon character no I am not, However, Ive been told that I look like Ichabod Crane.

Originally posted by octotom

You shouldn't get too upset about people and there pushes against Christianity. It's something expected. As Christians, we need to rise above all of that and strive to show Christ's love to the world; trying to shatter the mold that Christians are supposed to fit and giving a defense for the hope that is in us.

Thank you for you inspiring words. I dont mean to push anything on anyone. Only if people could understand the feeling, the exhilaration,the pure bliss.It hits you like a ton of bricks!!!

reply to post by notreallyalive

Since Christianity has no real meaning,

Christians are adherents of Christ. Theres nothing complicated about it. You dont need to be a Catholic or a Jehovah or a Mormon to be a Christian. You seem rather intelligent. Don't you understand?

reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Fact: Majority of the founding Fathers were Deists, not Christians

Fact: You too seem rather intelligent.Who do you think landed on Plymouth Rock with Bible in hand? The Jeffersons?

Oliveoil, your Christian strength is in your patience. While Jesus got upset it was at other believers for selling forgiveness in the house of God. When people slam your belief in Christ, know that they hated Christ in the same way. When you display open anger at people that slam your Christianity, you become like those you anguish over. It's not worth it. Instead, always be ready to give an answer for why you believe in Christ and the hope that is within you. They may never believe, but at least you are still telling them the Gospel which is what Christ is all about. Repentance, forgiveness, and salvation. So be patient and you'll be at peace.

reply to post by Fromabove

That is the best advise I had all day. I do admit I love to constuctively argue with non-believers.
Im only human, But, yes you are right. Thank you !

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Nope.. sorry.. Not a Fact.

Ok here it is again. Who do you think landed on Plymouth Rock? The rolling Stones?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join