It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Politics or sedition? Rush Limbaugh calls for military coup

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
The only question that should be asked here is :

what will cost more lives ? A revolution/civil war... or a military coup by generals who support the constitution and then give back the government to the people?

I always thought a coup d'etat by real patriots would solve a big problem fast, without much dead people.. which is the goal.

Because face it, if a civil war or a revolution starts, it will get bloody, and FAST.

A coup d'etat could just take the corrupt government into custody, put them on trial on all channels for all the nation to see... expose their thousands of crimes... Drug smuggling, 9/11, war lies, destruction of the constitution, plans to destroy US sovereignty, ect...

The only problem is that now is that Obama is black and according to polls, blacks still support Obama at 90%... which they would just take a coup d'etat as an attack on ``their man, their color``... even if that's totally not the case. Blacks would go nuts...

Maybe im wrong about blacks... but eh, im saying this according to the polls.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I guess Rush want's to live in a military dictatorship like Libya. I mean it worked out pretty good for Muammar al-Gaddafi.

Well, it worked out pretty good for Julius Caesar, (for about 5 years).

Right wingers that are all for a coup have to remember, once the military takes control of a society, rarely will they give up the new found power willingly. No free elections, no freedom whatsoever. A coup in this country would destroy this country and what it was founded on.

Of course short sighted people might think it would be cool to overthrow a government in a bloody coup, but then when reality sank in that the new military government is far worse than the deposed government they would probably feel pretty bad about the whole thing.

Of course, don't let history be a guide or anything. Just oust a democratically elected president and congress because of ideological differences with a bloody coup.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Happyfeet

1. As the AP noted in 2004 . .. he is Kenyan. He is NOT qualified to be President.

2. The globalists have assigned him the task of destroying as much of the USA as he can as fast as he can and he's doing a great job of his assignment.

3. His treasons are multiple. His evils are abundant.

I can easily understand Rush's perspective.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
It is jaw dropping how many Americans have never cracked a history book. Military coups of representative governments always go swimmingly for everyone involved.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by CuriousSkeptic]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
How dare he say such a thing? he should be brought up on some kind of criminal charges. tarred and feathered... He must assume that he lives in a country where he has the protection of freedom of speech.

Little does Rush know, but the FCC are quietly working on a new version of the "fairness doctrine" which will silence him soon enough.

Go for it while you can Rush.

Soon even you will sing the praises of our president and administration... Or else.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

How dare he say such a thing? he should be brought up on some kind of criminal charges. tarred and feathered... He must assume that he lives in a country where he has the protection of freedom of speech.

But Rush doesn't want to live in a country with freedom of speech protections, he wants to live in a military dictatorship. He doesn't like the big bad boogyman democrats so he wants the military to overthrow the entire government and take it over.

He wants this and somehow someway thinks once the military does this they will willingly hand control back over to the people.

How did Napoleon do with the whole giving the people of France back the government once he overthrew it?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Nope, all Rush really wants is ratings, he has said so time and again, it is working quite well for him.

Controversy sells.

Rush really doesn't give a damn what anybody thinks about anything he says as long as he gets their attention, and holds it through a few promotions and commercial breaks.

It worked again this time.

I keep thinking Rush will eventually run out of clever ways to do this, but he always impresses me with something new.

That, my friend is why MILLIONS keep listening... And why he is so successful.

Good entertainment is rare, great entertainers even rarer, Rush is, by far one of the best.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

Nope, all Rush really wants is ratings, he has said so time and again, it is working quite well for him.

Can't argue with you there.

But he's not the only one that thinks there should be a military coup in this country, some other right wingers think this is a good idea too.

www.talkingpointsmemo.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   

I would be more than happy to take my chances to get rid of these crooks! yes yes all of them! Bush included! I don't care what you think. They have trampled upon my god given rights far too long. If you have a modicum of intelligence and can understand what the constitution was written for and what it means you will see that the situation has met the breaking point. Regardless of what you think about change, libertarians were the founding body of this country. If you do not think that the constitution should be followed by the book then GET OUT! This administration along with many in the past are nothing but gangsters in suits!

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by xyankee

The main difference between a popular revolt and a military coup is that in the end of a popular revolt the control of the government goes to the people. In a military coup you have a general or some other high ranking officer in control of the government with absolutely no guarantee that they will ever relinquish that control back to the people.

I can see that within the next 50 or so years there is the probability of some sort of revolt happening in this country. I understand that many many Americans aren't happy with how things are going with the country, however, a military coup is the absolute worst thing that could possibly happen in my opinion.

The men that take violent control of a government that are in the military typically do not relinquish control of that government easily. The temptation of turning it into a military dictatorship is far to tempting.

So I do have to disagree with you that a military coup is what this country needs. It will completely destroy the United States as a nation, cripple our economy, make the world a far more dangerous place, and cause needless bloodshed.

If your tired of your rights being trampled on by an unfair government, don't whine to me in the case of a military coup you have no rights at all. After all it's what you wanted, careful what you wish for.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

To be honest, I have no idea what the answer is. I just want something to happen, good bad or indifferent, people need to be shaken up. I cannot believe that everyone just allows some of the things to go on without question. the case of the Obama birth certificate is a good example. Regardless how much someone likes this man, if there are others who feel like he is hiding something, we should all want clear satisfying proof.
Not just allow the strings to get pulled and have every case thrown out of court. To me that shows just how bad things are. I know if I tried to get away with something like that I would be thrown in jail. Then there is the arrogance factor. I know I should not let it bother me but it infuriates me. The man makes me sick and his wife is worse.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
What SHORT memories the far left has!
They conveniently forget all the horrific things that their one true love, Keith Olbermann said about President Bush, and how there was no outrage by them:

www.truthout.org...
The following are all remarks aimed directly at President Bush, in the link:

You. By your own terms and your definitions, you have just sided with the terrorists
You're a fascist - get them to print you a T-shirt with fascist on it!

And if there's one thing we know about Big Brother, Mr. Bush, it is that he is - you are - a liar.

This is crap. And you sling it with an audacity and a speed unrivaled by even the greatest political felons of our history.

You are a liar, Mr. Bush. And after showing some skill at it, you have ceased to even be a very good liar.

Because if there were, sir, now that you have vetoed an extension of this eavesdropping, if some terrorist attack were to follow, you would not merely be guilty of siding with the terrorists. You would not merely be guilty of prioritizing the telecoms over the people. You would not merely be guilty of stupidity. You would not merely be guilty of treason, sir.

You would be personally, and eternally, responsible.

And if there is one thing we know about you, Mr. Bush, one thing that you have proved time and time again - it is that you are never responsible.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by xyankee

To be honest, I have no idea what the answer is. I just want something to happen, good bad or indifferent, people need to be shaken up.

Citizens of a nation are historically willing to take quite a bit before an uprising starts.

"TPTB" are using the old "slowly boiling a frog" trick. Sadly, it's already far too late for us to jump out of that pot. The simmer point came back in the 1950's during the McCarthy Hearings.

But at that point we didn't smack the government back into line. (blame the greatest generation for that failure) So now we are at the point where some are so desperate for what they feel is freedom they are openly willing to give all freedoms up for the disposal of what they feel is an unjust government.

Oh it is inevitable, at this point, no matter who we elect, no matter what happens the game is already in the final stages. The Autocracy is well on it's way. Fact is, it's already been in command thanks to Reagan.

And you trust the military industrial complex to take it over and restore it to where you feel it should be?

So your basically asking for Caesar to cross the Delaware install a empire to escape from the horrors of a democratically elected republic?

Really?

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

"TPTB" are using the old "slowly boiling a frog" trick.

Of course, that story has no truth to it anyway. The frog WILL JUMP OUT.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

You obviously have never listened to Rush. It was a joke. The drive-bys are so desperate right now. Their annointed President is a failure, but instead of reporting on that, they double efforts to defame his detractors. 11 people to "fact check" Palins book? Fact checking a SNL skit? Come on!

This is NOT a joke. It is NOT funny, it is NOT a case of free speech, and it is NOT a freedom of the press issue. Try making a joke about having a bomb in an airport security line. See how funny making incendiary remarks in the wrong place is then.

For a guy with the profile of Rush Limburger to openly declare his hatred for the Constitutional processes, and to encourage a military coup is sedition.

[edit on 29/11/2009 by rnaa]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by rnaa
For a guy with the profile of Rush Limburger to openly declare his hatred for the Constitutional processes, and to encourage a military coup is sedition.

Similar claims were made of the founding fathers of the U.S....

My own signature has one of the quotes given by one of the forefathers of the U.S.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.
May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

I see that you are Australian, I am sorry but you are just showing you have no idea about the U.S. "Constitutional process"....and you being AUSTRALIAN have no say on the U.S. Constitutional process"...

Just like me an AMERICAN have no say on YOUR Australian Constitutional Process"......

[edit on 29-11-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

The fact that I live in Australia has nothing to do with this debate.

FYI, I am a "Natural Born Citizen" of the United States of America, and am privileged to hold the equivalent of a 'green card' to live and work in Australia because my lovely wife is Australian.

I think I may have had this discussion with you before, perhaps not. Whatever, just go take your preconceived garbage prejudices elsewhere.

Rush Limburger is trying to destroy the country. Every time he opens his mouth he brings ridicule on the country and makes laughing-stocks of those who support him.

I will grant that he has apparently seen through Ms. Palin (possibly because he is positioning himself for a run in 2012, now THAT would be a joke), and has finally brushed off the 'birthers'. But his continued attacks on the Constitution should not be tolerated.

[edit on 29/11/2009 by rnaa]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join