It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Politics or sedition? Rush Limbaugh calls for military coup

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Politics or sedition? Rush Limbaugh calls for military coup

www.examiner. com

When does a political joke become sedition? Rush Limbaugh is calling for a military coup, and the joke, if it is a joke, is not funny. Rush, speaking about President Obama's upcoming speech at West Point, expressed hope that military officials at the Academy would "detain" President Obama.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Yes, we should be arresting the greater half of our politicians and CEOs including Bush and Obama. These people need to be tried for war crimes, crimes against humanity, using WMDs like DU and white phosphorous. These people should be tried for theft after the bailouts led to massive fraud and deceit of the American people.
With all that said, Rush Limbaugh is the last person that should be taking part in this, I don't hate the guy when saying this either.

Rush was fine with Bush, whining about any democrat that would bash the president, now that the tables are turned, he thinks this is the greatest thing ever. Ladies and gentlemen, this is partisan behavior! We the people should be the ones to arrest these goons because we can prove that they committed crimes, not because some blowhard on the radio says so.

www.examiner. com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happyfeet

With all that said, Rush Limbaugh is the last person that should be taking part in this, I don't hate the guy when saying this either.

I agree with you. However, at least Limbaugh is saying something. It seems to me that people in the media and public eye are beginning to wake up, but are still walking around looking for someone else to say what they're thinking. It may not be Limbaugh, but if it brings them out of their daze -- so be it.

We the people should be the ones to arrest these goons because we can prove that they committed crimes, not because some blowhard on the radio says so.

While true, last that I checked the American people were at the mall -- or watching MSNBC -- convinced that the recession is over and that their pockets are full -- or getting fuller -- once again.

I personally don't like Limbaugh and I think that he has done the Republican party more harm than good in the long run, but if I have to support him in order for people to wake up, speak up, and take action -- before Stimulus II goes through -- I will.

I'd rather listen to someone that takes it a step too far than listen to anymore of this the recession is over, everything's going to be fine, look over there while we print more money kind of nonsense.

At least Rush isn't costing us trillions of dollars every time he opens his piehole.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
You obviously have never listened to Rush. It was a joke. The drive-bys are so desperate right now. Their annointed President is a failure, but instead of reporting on that, they double efforts to defame his detractors. 11 people to "fact check" Palins book? Fact checking a SNL skit? Come on!

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
To me this is not a joke because this is serious folks during these serious times

in our country. The seed has been planted. ^Y^

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Many a truth was said in jest....

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Sedition in all honesty should not be illegal. It is a direct limit of free speech. Also it is why we are supposed to have guns... "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed".

When our free state is being threatened sedition should be encouraged.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
This is no different than similar statements by much of the left during the Bush administration.

Frankly, I think this kind of talk has always existed in American politics. Pretending like it is something new or somehow crosses a new line in the sand is simply not accurate, imo.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
As I said in a thread about a few things.
Revolution in America is stupid and will not happen. If the revolution happens and you do manage to win(highly doubtful)...do you have plans...do you have a leader set in place...are you willling to negotiate with other countries. Any intelligent person will you tell that the revolution wll be just another form of dictatorship with another group telling americans how they should live thier lives. Also sooner or later the new people in charge will come to realize that they will have to put taxes in place in order to sustain a new government. Are they willing to foot the bill out of thier own pockets and also in to order to stay a powerful nation the taxes would have to be high. With the chaos and anarchy that would be happening, what is to stop another country from invading with all the disorder going on. Would you really want a nutjob of in charge of the nukes? The genocide that would also take place...people killing people they choose are not fit to live amongst us and also the fact that they would forcibly remove the immigrants they deem unnecessary to the country.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
If it can be proven that the wars we are waging are illegal, it should be the duty of the soldiers to refuse to follow them. And the President should be detained.

But I didn't hear much of this from Rush when the wars started.

Rush is an idiot. He is touted as being some sort of master radio host because he is devisive. I'm sorry, but I do not accept the idea that it is "good" to be devisive. Especially in regards to something as important as self-governance.
There are clear cut issues at stake here. Namely, did we have a legal right to invade Iraq? No.
Okay, then it is our duty to leave immediately and apologize with head bowed and money in hand to repair all of the infrastructure that our war machine destroyed.

Anything less is unnacceptable and the soldiers have the DUTY to see it through. As a former soldier myself I say this with a heavy heart, as I know they are simply being misled, but it is their duty to keep abreast in knowledge of these situations. Soldiers are NOT supposed to be automatrons, but they willingly allow themselves to be as long as there is still cheap booze at the PX.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by JayinAR]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Happyfeet

I have actually wondered why no one has tried a Citizen's Arrest on Obama, afterall, people do have the power to make a Citizen's Arrest, and if they are so certain something has been done, then why not?

Just a thought I had, not suggesting anyone DO it, but wondered why someone hasn't yet.

Or, more interestingly, why not a military arrest? Orly has all those Generals and such in her cases, afterall.

Hm. Interesting thought. I guess someone more than myself wondered that.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Because the Military Generals do not follow extreme political blogs full of delusions and paranoia which makes distorted claims with cut and paste jobs. And any right minded citizen knows what is correct and what is not.

Heck!! the people and military let go the war criminal Bush, Rumsfield, Dick Cheney etc. so easy....so they know they certainly don't have moral, social and lawful authority to do something which is incorrect as citizen arrest of Obama.
They have no grounds to do so, no matter how much the opposition party, racists or other people hate Obama, they simply have no ground to do that.

If you think you do on some "facts" or basis, perhaps you should try that, a suggestion take O'rlly Taitz along with you...would be a pair.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I really think that if someone walked up to the Secret Service and said: "Get out of my way, I'm about to perform a citizen's arrest on President Obama...." a mandatory psyche hold would be all that was accomplished. That and a REALLY funny story to put in a book someday....

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
This shouldnt be anymore shocking than the 100 or so times his said it before. Neither should it be a shock when Glenn, Hannity or any other rightwing pundit mutters so..... they have been spewing the same talk for some time now and they do so to appeal to their audience base, to mash up the frustrations of the "neglected rightwing voters".

Yes, we should be arresting the greater half of our politicians and CEOs including Bush and Obama.

There is alot of mixed up messages your sending here.

You want to arrest Obama because you dont like him ideologically? You think his wrong? I mean if I had a nickle for every time I got the opportunity to arrest a constitutionally elected president based on my own ideological disagreements with him. Then again you want to arrest the CEO's as well?? For what? Sure the CEO's, the big cats, the elite messed over american citizens, but they did so with the blessing of the free market system, the same system limbaugh and glenn and others have been defending here.

The minute Obama or any other liberal advocated to regulate this system, crys cam out from the rightwing... so I really dont understand why you want to arrest these CEO's if you supported the system that allowed them to do their bidding?

Rush was fine with Bush, whining about any democrat that would bash the president, now that the tables are turned, he thinks this is the greatest thing ever.

As I said. appealing to the audience base. The mans not a millionaire purely on luck.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

Did I say I thought I did? Wow you make so many assumptions in your posts, I choose to not even read your replies anymore.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

I agree lol! It was an entertaining thought, I have to admit. After seeing some people foaming at the mouth over him, I really did wonder for a moment.

Then I thought about the ramifications, and laughed even more.

It was still a fun thought, though.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

No you never said you thought, but you said you wondered. So on basis of your wondering I just wondered if you thought you could.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Y'know... "just a joke" doesn't really work anymore. I've seen your sort outright advocate vigilante execution of "liberals", muslims, gays, whoever the demagogues in question think should be dead this week. And when called on it, their response?

"Oh, it was just a joke!"

Then some crazy jackass shoots up a libertarian church because they're liberals.

Just a joke!

Another guy blows away a doctor because he performs abortions.

Just a joke!

A gay guy gets beaten to death

Just a joke!

Bomb threats are made to mosques across the country, sikh men are assaulted and threatened because brave young patriots with "Support the Troops" bumper magnets think they're Muslims.

We're only kidding!

Mexican immigrants are targets of vandalism and violence by stooges who are convinced that speaking spanish is a sign of criminality.

Gosh, why so serious?

[edit on 27-11-2009 by alien]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by kingoftheworld

I agree with your point of view. What is ironic is, you are supposed to form this revolution in silence. You can't think it, talk about it, or plan it, it is supposed to just "happen".

Kind of a crack in the foundation, isn't it?

Strangely enough, it may just do that. Just "happen" one day, when the straw that breaks the camels' back happens.

Thing is, people talk about feeling it, talk about it feeling like it is impending, and seem to be ready for it. I see a lot of talk like this.

Interesting phenomena, I think. When the straw breaks, people just expect to come together somehow. I guess it could happen.

I suppose this is what martial law is for.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I hope Rush Limbaugh overdoses on hillbilly heroin and dies...

...Haha just joking.

I really hope he commits suicide.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join