It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Argentine couple ready for region's first same-sex marriage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Argentine couple ready for region's first same-sex marriage

BUENOS AIRES — A gay man tying the knot next week in Latin America's first same-sex marriage predicted Thursday that his ground-breaking wedding will inspire other homosexual couples to follow suit.

"Our December 1 civil wedding service will launch a new campaign in the coming months in different major cities to allow same-sex couples to do the same," said Alejandro Freyre, 39, at a press conference here.

An Argentine judge paved the way for the region's first gay marriage earlier this month when she granted Freyre and his partner Jose Maria Di Bello, 41, permission to marry.

Bu
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.yendor.com

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
On a personal note I am not against same sex marriage. Committed partners should enjoy the same social and institutional advantages that heteros enjoy.
Or Why should gay couples be spared the misery that us straight couples are forced to endure at times.

However when I see two men kiss in public; it really makes me uncomfortable. Two women, no problem. Perhaps the social convention's from my Texan upbring are still in my psyche.

I didn't know that Argentines were so cosmopolitan. What sticks in my mind about Argentina is when the Right wing death and torture squads roamed causing "Los Desaparecidos"
It's great to see human rights afforded in a country that has suffered so much horror.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 27-11-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   

However when I see two men kiss in public; it really makes me uncomfortable. Two women, no problem.

I agree. I personally don't care if people of the same sex want to marry and I think they should be allowed to. I don't care for PDAs from men however but women....well, they can do whatever they want and I'm okay with it (unless they look like men).

join