It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution vs Creationism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Ok i dont know if this has been done before or not but id like to set up a question board for creationists. Its my goal that all evolutionists on ATS with something intelligent to say will hopefully anwser your questions about evolution.

Id like all creationists who dont understand something about evolution, like some of the finer points... and have intelligent questions to ask them, so that we can anwser them.

I really really hope this doesnt deteriorate into a troll war...

i really just want you to ask about something you dont understand and we can anwser those questions so that you hopefully understand the theory of evolution, and accept it as a viable alternative to creationism, even if you choose not to beleive in it. We evolutionist arnt spouting random bollocks, there is a whole science of data of evidence that weve based our ideas on, and were willing to share! We just want you to understand our viewpoint.

so i hope this doesnt burn

happy to anwser your questions

~TR

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
A question every creationist must have:
What limits evolutionary change to only occurring within "kinds"?

Why must they have that question?
Well, because this is what creationists believe:

You think that populations change over time, but only by a little due to a barrier or limit that stops populations from diverging too much. A barrier is the only thing that could explain microevolution occurring while macroevolution does not.

-You accept that Dogs can turn into Wolves because they look so much alike.

-You accept species change but only a little.

-You refuse to believe that Dogs (A) can turn into Whales (H) for example, because they are too different.

So what then, if dogs (A) changed into something similar (B), and they changed into something similar (C), which changed into (D) and (D) to (E)

If (E) changes to (F) and (F) changes to (G), then we only need one more change to get to whales (H)

Seach for "phylogenetic tree" to see an image of what i mean.

Why cant they provide examples of potential barriers to limit evolution to only occurring within "kinds"? (because there is no such thing?)

I can only assume you have no evidence or reason to suggest such things. Therefore creationism is:

1. An ignorance of biology
2. Deliberate dishonesty.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I believe in both. God is the greatest scientist of them all. He created a universe or perhaps infinite multiverses. Don't underestimate his power or his capabilities. He could also be a them as evidenced in the Bible. God also lied to us in the Bible. Remember the part where he says Adam and Eve would die if they at the fruit? So if he lied to them he could lie to the rest of us, probably for our own good. It was a great story 2,000 years ago and it worked for the people of the time.

Fortunately for us living in more modern times, we have the gift of science and technology to see that Evolution is fact. If everyone thought like a traditional Creationist, we would be led to believe fossilized dinosaurs are only a few thousand years old. Let's not be rediculous, you can't have a fossilized dinosaur in 6,000 years.

join