It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dubai Debt May Be Higher Than $80 Billion, UBS Analysts Say

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Stroy

Nov. 27 (Bloomberg) -- Dubai, the Persian Gulf emirate whose state-run companies are seeking to defer debt payments, may owe more than the $80 billion to $90 billion in liabilities assumed by investors, UBS AG analysts said in a note.

“Perhaps Dubai’s debt includes sizeable off-balance sheet liabilities that imply a total debt burden well above the $80 billion to $90 billion markets have estimated so far,” real estate analyst Saud Masud wrote in a note yesterday. “This could imply that the debt issued by Dubai in recent weeks is insufficient to meet upcoming redemptions.”

I think whats got everyone freaked out today is if Dubai defaults they will be the second country to go bankrupt... Iceland was first if you remember.

no doubt AIG has insured some of that debt and who knows if that hit is survivable if they take it. do we have another big bailout in the works for AIG's to big to fail company????

[edit on 27-11-2009 by DaddyBare]

[edit on 27-11-2009 by DaddyBare]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Already posted here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please contribute to the thread to avoid confusion. There are now 5 Dubai threads.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

... Greenland was first if you remember.

No i don´t remember, but i remember Iceland

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hithe Merinos

Your right it was Iceland... I must be suffering from turkey overdose still... thanks for the fact check I'll fix it now

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
He, he, I guess I am right US tax payer will be "bailing out Dubai" after all doesn't that country buying our debt now.

What a joke, when this "rich nations can go around on wast and abuse to support their Super Rich terrorist, I mean investors" and we get to bail them out because the whores in our nations private interest and agendas have finanical ties with them, still our nation is falling in decay and is not "bankrupt yet" because our nations ability to print more money while tagging the debt tag on the unemployed tax payer.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
They just got done building the worlds tallest tower there.

From the top of Burj Dubai Tower, you can see the grandious vistas to which tourests from all over the world will be hypnotically drawn to this diamond in the middle east;

Ew! That's gotta be the ugliest panorama I've ever seen. Dirt and sand and, look over there, More dirt & sand. Yuck!!

The best they can hope for is that some "terrorists" fly some planes into it and bring it down so they can collect the insurance money.

If more than one plane hits it, they can collect many times over, by saying it was the victim of more than one terrorist attack, like that dirtbag who bought the WTC just months before they fell.

Expect to see an armada of "terrorist" hijacked planes smacking into that thing soon.

But with their credit, how will they be able to pay for the controlled demolition?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Dubai landscape isn't the attraction...
people like Mike Jackson and companies like Halliburton, move there because they don't tax and there is no extradition to other countries who want to talk about misdeeds and ill gotten gains

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare

Originally posted by Hithe Merinos

Your right it was Iceland... I must be suffering from turkey overdose still... thanks for the fact check I'll fix it now

Sorry for being off topic but I heard on the radio yesterday (i am from the UK) that at thanksgiving this year they estimate that 40,000,000 turkeys will be eaten in the US ,40 million
just try to picture 40 million turkeys , its alot.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by tarifa37]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

By gorge I think you've found the answer!
We Americans can send all our Turkey leftover's to Dubai so they can save their food money to pay off their debts!

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
pics of Dubai projects

www.pbase.com...

Build it and they will come just didn't happen in this case.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
reply to post by tarifa37

By gorge I think you've found the answer!
We Americans can send all our Turkey leftover's to Dubai so they can save their food money to pay off their debts!

Good idea,just imagine if there were a turkey heaven.I wouldn't like to be the turkey angel on gate duty that day when suddenly 40 million dead turkeys show up.

top topics

join