It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret Political Reach Of 'The Family'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
A new interview regarding "The Family", that uber-right, evangelical C street organization that more and more people are labeling as a "Cult".

I am so surprise that this group hasn't received more attention than it has, considering the role that their membership play within our government.

Groups like this are of great concern to me, as they should be for you too, regardless of your political leanings, groups like this are a problem for all of us.

It's an informative read.

The fundamentalist group The Family has operated secretively with the help of influential congressmen and senators who are members of the group to promote their anti-gay, anti-abortion, pro-free-market ideas in America and other parts of the world, but two sex scandals involving people connected with The Family -Nevada Senator John Ensign and South Carolina Governor Mark Sanford - have brought public attention to the group.

There's other Family news. Bart Stupak and Joe Pitts are connected to The Family. They introduced the amendment to the House health care reform bill that would prevent funds appropriated from the act to cover abortion and go to any insurance company that covers abortion. Pitts is a member of The Family; Stupak lives at their residence on C Street.

The Family is also connected to proposed anti-gay legislation in Uganda that could sentence, quote, repeat offenders to the death penalty. That family connection is revealed in new reporting by my guest, Jeff Sharlet. Sharlet is the author of the bestseller "The Family" and is a contributing editor for Harper's. He's been investigating The Family for years.

Source/ Interview transcript

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
do you think they're NWO?

i do myself.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Jon Stewart interviewed the Sharlet guy about his book a few months back. I think it took the audience that day aback a little bit. While I knew such things existed in America, hearing it from someone right out in the open was kinda surprising.

Dailyshow 'The Family' interview

Im surprised the American government, heck the country, can even function with all these little and large groups all attempting to circumvent and sticking/grooming their members into high places for there own nefarious and selfish reasons.

Really is sad. Especially since it comes back onto the genuinely good christian groups and tars them with a rather dirty brush.

new topics

join