It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KEO Space Time Capsule

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
First off, I had no idea where to put this, so sorry if it's in the wrong place.

The KEO is a satellite time capsule to be launched in 2010/2011 and is designed to return to earth 50,000 years later. The KEO will carry samples of air, sea water and soil, as well as the DNA of the human genome and a drop of human blood encased in a diamond.

Each person has the chance to write their own message which will be stored within KEO.

Regardless of whether or not the human race will still be around in 50,000 years i still thought this was fascinating.

What message would you leave for the human race, 50,000 years from now?

Have any of you ever made a time capsule or dug one up?

Here is the link:

KEO

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
As for the message I would leave, it would be more of a question. “You have not killed each other yet?” I also might say something like “I hope things are better by now”.

Sorry I have a lack of faith in humanity.

I do wonder how they are going to encase blood in a diamond though. I would like to learn more about that. It brings new meaning to the term “blood diamond”.

I have never been a part of a time capsule myself.

Raist

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Utterly mental I can not see how it will stay "up" for 50,000 years using its "flying" method...

however one cool thing I thought was when it returns to earth its heatshields burn off completly to reveal the sphearical titanium core engraved with a replica of the earth as we see it now.

my message...

"do not trust us"

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I think my message would read something like.

We can read , write, count and create, but we cannot reason, I truly hope that you have learned from our mistakes and that you do not resort to violence at the first sign of trouble.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Not exactly a time capsule, but some friends & I buried some bottles of homemade wine quite a long way from anywhere. We had a vague promise to get together to drink it 1 day. About 6yrs later, 2 of us got married in the same year, so we called that the excuse. It wasn't much better for its aging

I'd say, "Most of us weren't as bad as we seem. For the actions of the rest, we humbly & sincerely apologise."

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
awesome, s&f, left my message

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Thanks man, I just made a one page message and forwarded the site to a friend. That is something truly epic and amazing, I just hope we are still around at that time to open it. S/F...

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09

Have any of you ever made a time capsule or dug one up?

I have left messages for me to find In the future xD sounds cheesy but its cool!

In books I use to write stuff like puzzles so when Im in class I can do then and not get bored...

Write little things that happened to me, so one day when im cleaning my house I can find the messages, remember and laugh(i usually write down the dates) ! its really nice!

One thing im used to do with my friend is borrow her book and write messages for her in class and then I return it to her, after, she'll borrow it again and i can read her responses.

sorry for the bad english

[edit on 27-11-2009 by Danna]

[edit on 27-11-2009 by Danna]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I want to leave a message, but i don't really have any idea what to write.

There is also this website, where you can write an email to be delivered sometime in the future.

Futureme

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Heres mine...

To whom or what may eventually read this...

'...Oops?'

Hopefully we haven't lost our sense of humor by then as a species.
was also gonna include a 'ps: it wasnt me!' but i decided short and sweet.

I hope it gives their best cryptologists (or who ever studies ancient languages) a real cerebral work out

[edit on 27-11-2009 by BigfootNZ]

new topics

top topics

join