It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil falls below $75 on Dubai default worries

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
This is a good news bad news story. Good news for consumers who want cheap gas and petrolium products-Bad news for Places like Dubai who need high oil prices to prop up their investments and help pay off their debt. I can see OPEC stepping in to cut production and falsely raise prices to help out the U.A.E.

ca.news.finance.yahoo.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
your info is a bit dated...
right now oil is down over 4 dollars
Oil 73.56 -4.40 -5.64
Commodites Ticker

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I am still trying to figure out what in the heck happen to Dubai, this is just going on as we are celebrating Turkey day and black Friday and news has been running behind the scene while the European markets and Asian markets are falling.

Interesting.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
It's still under 75 bucks....Not looking good for the markets today...

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
No is not looking good with futures in down side, heck and I thought Dubai was fool prove with all the oil.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
So why the Hell did it still cost me £1.10 a @*%$@!! litre to fill up last night?

Why is it that when oil prices rise, petrol rises at the same time, but when oil prices fall, petrol prices stay the same?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by nik1halo

Because the UK enacted price controls on petrol..
unlike here in the states you shouldn't see these wild peeks in prices like we get, but when the price tumbles your price controls are a bit delayed in readjusting to make up for the loss at the high end of the spectrum

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ARNOMANNN

Dude, you just started 3 redundant Dubai threads. it's cluttering the forum. Better put it in my thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join