It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nun Claims Sex is Rife Within Catholic Church

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

Star and Flag for your post. I for one am very happy the Truth is finally coming out about the Holy Roman Church and their behind closed doors sexual perversion. Having known several Catholic alter boys who were molested by the Priests, I know this thing goes on in probably most of the churches in America and abroad. The high secrets of the church are coming out at long last. Personally, I think the International community should get behind a plan to seize the Vatican archives and publish them all. I think we would all be both shocked and surprised at what would be found there.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
A sad story, but fact is there will always be "shocking" revelations and scandals wherever you go. It just depends on where you wanna look for it. There are good and bad apples found in every corner of the world and each and every aspect of life. That's just the way things are. We can criticize certain individuals or even entire institutions all we want --- whether it's regarding Christians, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists and what not... all these are comprised of human beings capable of doing wrong.

If certain people wanna single out and focus on a Catholic Institution comprised of "pedophiles" and sex offenders, then fine go ahead. Stuff such as the one mentioned in the OP cannot be tolerated anyways. But generalizing won't do anyone much good.

It's so easy to turn to the direction that you prefer, and just exclusively focus on that... love it, or hate it. But just coz you don't agree with a certain religion, or any religion for that matter, and you see something wrong with its system and the people running it (and you probably will since nothing in this world is perfect anyway), doesn't mean you can just go about preaching your own personal dogma, such as one based on priest pedophiles and what not. The world is way more sophisticated than some give credit to it.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
The Catholic church started out with much higher morals/values and even allowed priests to be married. They soon realized any of their holdings went to the wife when they died and, thus, imposed the rule that priests could not marry.

That is when they became a corporation and the real corruption began.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
The next time I hear someone saying 'The Church Of Rome' is the evil one I'm going to go nuts.

It's not just them you know? Lots of Protestant priests have been caught bastardising children. The Protestant church is just as good if not better at hiding it than the Catholic church.

In my view, it's Christianity that is the problem here. As a religion, it breeds bigotry, paedophilia, hatred and closes minds. Disgusting. The sooner the god-squad disbands the better.

The Para.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Unfortunately, corruption has indeed infiltrated some if not all of our most sacred of institutions, And because of it millions of faithful believers have just simply lost faith.

I don't know what is worst, to have no faith, or to support an organization who's members are corrupt?

Then again, its not the organizations fault.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by oliveoil]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Parallex

In my view, it's Christianity that is the problem here. As a religion, it breeds bigotry, paedophilia, hatred and closes minds. Disgusting. The sooner the god-squad disbands the better.

Oh please,
What do you think the Church of Rome is? Hindu?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieOctopus

This is the sort of thing that lifelong forced celibacy breeds, among other heinous acts; child rape and torture come to mind.
I've heard about this sort of thing before, priests forcing themselves upon nuns, knowing that they won't speak out, out of shame. And if they do manage to gather to courage to do so, well then they're clearly mentally unstable and need to be sent in for reprogramming and reeducation. It makes me sick.

It makes you wonder how much longer the Catholic Church can possibly last, not being able to go for a day without a brand new scandal involving rape, torture, blackmail or extortion. How much longer can some people convince themselves, "oh it's only a few bad ones and there's bad people everywhere"?

Noooooooooooo!!! Oh say it ain't so ZO!

All kidding aside, this crap dates back to a time when the "Popes" were screwing everything in sight. Forced celibacy is unnatural and difficult for mere mortals but it kept the "Pope's" families from inheriting "Church property" after the "Pope" died. We've been paying for this since Saul of Tarsus spun his fairy tale. He likely couldn't get a date himself.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
You will have to excuse me, im a bit jet lagged but:

"It's not just them you know? Lots of Protestant priests have been caught bastardising children."

Errrr bastardizing children? What? Are they doing a frankenstien on body parts to create bastardized versions?

"In my view, it's Christianity that is the problem here. As a religion, it breeds bigotry, paedophilia, hatred and closes minds. Disgusting. The sooner the god-squad disbands the better."

So how does TRUE christianity breed paedophilia, hatred and bigotry considering the the ONLY commandments TRUE christians follow is to "love G-d, and love one another"?

The church of rome IS corrupt and evil, they have proved it by the fruit they bare many many times!! There... Go nuts!

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
One thing religion is not and never will be is logical and scientific. We are made with the natural instinct to have sex, to reproduce, to spread our seed, to conquer, all those things. It cannot be supressed and its un-natural and inhumane to do so. It just goes to show that sexual urges are a much more natural thing then obeying God because look which one wins

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I've always been apposed to the idea of forced celibacy in the church and long term celibacy , we were not given reproductive organs just to mothball them ,

genesis 1:28"Be fruitful and multiply"

There is no place in christian doctrine that encourages or supports any of these sexually deviant behaviors that the church is accused of. Rape , adultery , fornication , sodomy are condemned in the bible. So what these people are doing is against their religion.

You usually find that is the tightwad , sexually repressed , frigid people that are freaks under the bedsheets. All that sexuality just erupts like Mt. St. Helens.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
People can live without sex, and a certain percentage of all of us, do never want sex in our lifes. So be careful how you try to label others.

You people have no idea what christianity has done for the world. Do you really believe pagan religions that always was, was better, lol.

I feel sorry for those poor repressed individuals.. they're usually a result of the extreme amount of guilt the Catholics like to heap onto their own people.

Hmm, what has Christianity done for the world.. let me think.. well, besides providing fodder for an endless supply or child molestation jokes and religious leaders with numerous sexual deviances... I guess there's the inquisitions, the crusades, the burning of the great library, the dark ages, fundamentalists, jimmy swagart, prohibition, the supression of scientific thought and study, endless news articles of coercion, violence, scandals, skinheads, hateedge kids, the basis of scientology, bad christian rock, broad based systematic destruction of local religion, the abortion controversy and many more that come to mind that would quickly over run the character limit of a post.

honestly, about the only thing I can see good that came ou tof christianity was pepper and egg sandwiches for lent, for which, I might forgive a number of past transgressions.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Selahobed

Errrr bastardizing children? What? Are they doing a frankenstien on body parts to create bastardized versions?

You speak American-English, I speak English-English. Go figure. Bastardise is spelt with an S not a Z.

So how does TRUE christianity breed paedophilia, hatred and bigotry considering the the ONLY commandments TRUE christians follow is to "love G-d, and love one another"?

'True' Christianity? Ohhhhh you mean YOUR Christianity? Whatever that may be? Christianity is Christianity, the only differences are present in the dogma, and the different excuses brought up to justify the abuse of children. Oh yes, the colour of the silly robes your kiddy-fiddling priests wear is different too.

I reckon you're a crazy Baptist right? Or maybe a 'fence-sitting' Methodist? Am I on the money?

The church of Rome IS corrupt and evil, they have proved it by the fruit they bare many many times!! There... Go nuts!

Yes you're completely right. Couldn't have put it better myself. But you forgot to mention that YOUR Christian church is just as evil, corrupt, twisted, abusive and silly. Did I miss anything?

The Para.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
It is not surprising to have sexual ingression in the catholic church.

We can assume it happens often and goes unreported.

It is also not surprising of how this type of behavior happens in ALL RELIGIONS>

The people that practice and promote the religions are HUMAN. As HUMANS it should be assumed they have desires the same as the rest of us. The major difference is that they are not suppose to act on the desires, where as we do.

These low life hypocrites pose as being so 'GODLY" and without sin, when anyone with any common sense should know is CRAP. The majority of these people are no different than we are. But a few are really twisted nuts that are dangerous.

Religion, any religion is a guide to how we should act. Some are more strict and radical than others, but all are just guides. No HUMAN is 100% capable of meeting the elevated ideals, so most fail somewhere in their attainment.

The ones that RAPE, SODOMIZE, or cause harm to another individual are simply criminals that should be punished by the law. The victims should not feel ashamed, they did nothing wrong.

I say 99% of all religious leaders are phonies. They are simply following a vocation for either: power over people, money, prestige, or a combination of all of these. This goes across all religions not just one or two.

The real irony of this is that we (the people that listen to these idiots) allow these things to happen, though unknowingly. We give these people the power and influence over us by attending their places of worship, giving money to their organizations, purchasing their books and paraphernalia, and so on. We continue to allow it to go on even when we learn of their evil deeds, we rationalize it by saying it is only a few bad ones. BS if you have one rotten potato in a bag in your pantry, it ruins the whole bag,and stinks up your pantry for days after you clean it out.

If we want to change anything we have to stop doing the same thing over and over. Stop attending your church, stop giving them your money, tell them why you are moving to another venue. Only by altering your behavior can anyone expect to alter an organizations.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by De La Valletta

There is no place in christian doctrine that encourages or supports any of these sexually deviant behaviors that the church is accused of. Rape , adultery , fornication , sodomy are condemned in the bible.

Rape is bad for sure, adultery is all a matter of personal morals. But i dont consider fornication and sodomy deviant behavior

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
"You speak American-English, I speak English-English. Go figure. Bastardise is spelt with an S not a Z. "

Errrrr is that all you got?

Its not bad considering im jetlagged after a 24hr flight lol

'"True' Christianity? Ohhhhh you mean YOUR Christianity? Whatever that may be? Christianity is Christianity, the only differences are present in the dogma, and the different excuses brought up to justify the abuse of children. Oh yes, the colour of the silly robes your kiddy-fiddling priests wear is different too."

Excuse me???? I would NEVER make excuses for the abuse of kids!! In fact i would be first in line with a pitch fork!!! And they aint MY Kiddie fiddling priests!!!

"I reckon you're a crazy Baptist right? Or maybe a 'fence-sitting' Methodist? Am I on the money?"

No.... Im a Messianic Jew

"Yes you're completely right. Couldn't have put it better myself. But you forgot to mention that YOUR Christian church is just as evil, corrupt, twisted, abusive and silly. Did I miss anything?"

The church is just a building.... The REAL church is the body, and i carry that everywhere, and though im not perfect, i am not corrupt or evil either.

Yeshua said "Call NO ONE on earth your father "(priests etc), so we were never to put these people on pedestals, in fact organised religion was not the aim of Yeshua but that G-d Himself would dwell within us, thus no longer having any need for priests etc... Yeshua came to do away with religion, and replace it with relationship instead, in fact Yeshua called those who practice religion a "brood of vipers" "hypocrites" etc, read Mathew 23 and you will see what G-d thinks of religion!!

What was originally beautifull, man has corrupted into a idol worshipping, hypocritical industrial complex that has caused untold misery and death.. G-d was robbed

[edit on 123030p://f27Friday by Selahobed]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

Originally, the Catholic Church allowed priests to marry. Soon the church realized how expensive it was to support a priest and his wife and kids.

Take the fact that 1. there was no birth control, and 2. there was lots of free time
, you can see how the family size was larger than normal.

So, the Catholic Church enacted Celibacy.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Yeshua said "Call NO ONE on earth your father "(priests etc)

Hey, Orthodox Church still respects that
... it's very different than Catholic Church. Corrupt like all others, but at least it doesn't have so obviously flawed made-up rules.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I have said it once I will say it a million times. Celibacy is unnatural, humans did not evolve in to being animals that did not have sex. Its a simple fact, we have sex in some cases we need to have sex to get rid of stress.

Your fighting your human nature if you try.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
It's a mess, there's no doubt about it. It's really hard to understand why the Vatican doesn't loosen up a little ans allow marriage. Seems like it would improve a lot of things for all.

That said, I have to say I'm a little tired hearing about it. It's like about anything else in that there are steps that families take to protect their own. Almost everyone who practiced a religion was Catholic where I grew up and I never heard of any funny business. Just sayin

I'm waiting for the thread about people who worship chaos and have an overwhelming desire to tidy up or something.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Parallex

That right there is a typical response of a person who doesn't understand anything about the thing they hate. They'll cherry pick stats, opinions and assumptions about religion from everyone else but rarely have an original thought. Their hatred more than likely stems from ignorance as opposed to enlightenment as they so claim to have.

It really is quite ironic, considering you've shown more ignorance, bigotry and hatred in one post than about a hundred Christians, Catholics, etc. have shown on this site in 100 posts.

Keep fighting the good fight, comrade.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join