It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Hacker faces 60 years in Jail after losing extradition battle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Hacker Gary McKinnon loses extradition fight and now faces 60 years in prision for seeking information on UFO's by hacking Pentagon networks after 9/11. Please see below link for news posting.

www.google.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
It's such a sad situation. Imagine your whole life being taken away from you for one mistake. Murderers often get less time than that not to mention child molesters, rapists, terrorists etc. The punishment does not fit his crime, he's already been through a few years of hell which is surely enough to put him off ever doing something like that again as any fair and wise judge would acknowledge. It's a farce and I feel really sorry for him.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
A sad sad story and example of what happens when you cross "you know who". But unfortunately, TPTB don't like snoops and he snooped into something he shouldn't have.
But I wouldn't worry too much- he'll be working for them soon enough.
Everyone here should view this case as an example.
To the next hacker, "BE MORE CAREFUL!"
Good job, Gary. We won't forget.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I wonder how the USA would react if it was an American who hacked the Venezuelan army's computer. Would he be extradited?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
There is a Thread already running on this same subject
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post b 8 yey cosmicpixie

I couldn't agree more, it has actually been 8 years of stress and uncertainty. In the past the english government has refused to extradite murderers but this man has to go?! It's insane. They want to make an example of him.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
this is the price you pay for truths. no wonder there are people who think the earth is the center of the universe. like that fellow who think nothing in the universe can survive on mercury.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

I couldn't agree more, it's like

"You don't need to know, and IF you ask , then you'll be sorry"

sort of mentality, the damage was done yes, it showed flaws in their security and now they want to save face by picking on a mentally challanged person because the US KNOW they would lose against someone smarter and more aware of whats going on.

We ALL want to know and if we had the chance we'd ALL hack NASA in search of the Aliens wouldn't we?, seeing they are hiding the truth from us when they were initially charged with FINDING the truth , and because we know they hide it , the moment someone stumbles across the hidden knowledge they throw a wobbly, even if he DIDN'T find anything usefull he still showed the breaches that could happen should a more intelligent adversary try.
Shame on the US, try going after the African or Chinese money scammers instead of someone looking to learn something.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Did the guy find anything on UFOS when hacking in? Or perhaps anything else of our interest?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by R0BCROW75
A sad sad story and example of what happens when you cross "you know who". But unfortunately, TPTB don't like snoops and he snooped into something he shouldn't have.
But I wouldn't worry too much- he'll be working for them soon enough.
Everyone here should view this case as an example.
To the next hacker, "BE MORE CAREFUL!"
Good job, Gary. We won't forget.

I agree with the premiss you present. The fellow obviously found something he should not have been privy to, something big that the "you know who" as you put it and can't afford to allow the regular joe to know. Apparently this unfortunate fellow has Aspergers Syndrome and people like that have a tendancy to not be very good at being deceptive, he admitted he did it. I'm sure the next hacker will be more careful and not as forthcoming. Lets face it the guy got a raw deal and I don't think its because he is being made an example of, he clearly stated he stumbled onto some touchy sunjests when he hacked into their computer system, something that is very big, something that will get you put away for years regardless of who you are. Considering his talents you may have a point that they may eventually hire him as a black op. They'd be dum not to.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I dont get it.
The select commitee only recently told Alan johnson that he did have the power to stop this extradition.
What is stopping him and who are the select commitee,this powerful group of mp`s that told Alan Johnson this info??

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I personally think he should be tried in an independent country, ie Norway, which is neither in the EU or under American Legislation.
How it would work... no idea, but the guy is the sacrificial lamb both sides want to use.

The fact that he's stood up for his rights, even though they're being ignored, and still standing up for them, deserves a round of applause

I feel sorry for the guy, and think, if he's not currently incarcerated, she should make a run for it.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by tracey ace
I dont get it.
The select commitee only recently told Alan johnson that he did have the power to stop this extradition.
What is stopping him and who are the select commitee,this powerful group of mp`s that told Alan Johnson this info??

I think this is too do with you only can use a certain amount of favours, when doing these things, and uk, does not want one of those favours done here.

Politics is like that. Unless the uk see it as in there interest, they will let it happen. This is the real world.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
At the end of the day I dont condone what Gary McKinnon did but in my mind its likely he has done them a huge favour in hacking the Pentagon networks.
I mean how was it possible for anyone to hack it in the first place

He basically made them aware of a huge security issue, and maybe it was far better him finding it first looking for UFO information than someone else using informations for far more destructive means.
Cheers
mrix

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Along with the Treatise on matters of Military Importance, where there's financial profiteering. They'll have to prove as a War Action, he gained some favor.

If he truly need mental training, is he this new WORM we here the gov't so talk of...

$$$is not always the reason, nor gain.

He should be OBserved, to see if competency lent in, or business as Usual was at play.

From what I repeatedly here on the air, 'round here, ain't much to it, nothing but air.
If there's this founding of some type of Disclosure, he need's the Tshirt this site once was liscensed to distribute.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
It is ABSURD that they take away his whole life just because they themselves are stupid enough to use blank passwords on their computers.

Sad story indeed.

They seem to have something to hide since they gave such a punishment for such a thing.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by Akezzon]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.

Thank you

-thread closed-

new topics

top topics

join