It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cuba launches "Bastion-2009" preparing for "future US attack"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Cuba launches "Bastion-2009" preparing for "future US attack"

en.mercopress.com

"It is a necessity of the first order given the political-military situation that now defines relations between Cuba and the empire," Major General Leonardo Andollo warned, referring to the United States.

The military exercise, Cuba's largest in five years and the first since Barack Obama's inauguration in January begins Thursday through Saturday, followed by Sunday's armed forces day to be marked nationwide.

The government of President Raul Castro, a long-time defence chief, expects that as many as four million Cubans (out of a total population of 11 million) may take part in Sund
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.reuters.com

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
What in the world would we invade Cuba for?

Oh yeah...Oil that we can't reach by angle drilling.

Hmmm...could be something to this.

Even though Obama insists that we will not invade Cuba, or mess with Muslems in the sandy areas in the east,
4 million Cubans are to participate in these War Games now known as "Bastion-2009".

Not a peaceful message at any rate.

en.mercopress.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I heard that 3,000 57 Chevy's in a decent state of repair makes for an effective fighting force against Darpa Modded super combat suits Nuclear Bombs and Super sonic fighters... and whatever else we spend 500 Million a year experimenting on...

Why Bother?

You'd think if you were that much a mess you'd do like Costa Rica and Have NO Military...

LOL how the heck could we invade them then.... NEVER lol

I'll never understand why a Nation that could get it's rear handed to it by Poland in a Naval Battle even bothers, just by having a Military you open yourself up... where as if you were defenseless and on BORDER with America nothing could ever, ever, ever happen to you...

4 Million?

I have Vegas odds that say 500,000 are living in Miami and collecting social security income before the exercise is even over...

Don't get me wrong...

They do have a good Biological program, they COULD in theory release like a super flu in Mexico City or something...

OH SNAP......

The Cuban Attack has started....

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

It does seem like some sort of posing more than anything doesn't it.
Butm if our military couldn't scramble on 911, maybe by small boat or junks, the 4 million could reach the coast before they were noticed.
It would look like a refugee convoy. If they came ashore singing Christmas carols, they might even get a warm welcome.

Off topic, but interestingly, I just got the wing windows, visors, some dash pieces and trunk lid for a 57 bel aire recently.

If you theory is correct, I should have the frame, drive train and body soon enough.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
In Theory maybe they could reach the shore, to my estimate 4 Million already have... lol

But then what?

The inevitable end would be a day away, they inflict chaos on Florida Mainly...

And then Havana Vanishes and they are stranded with no support the next morning.

The point is they can mount a strong defense...

And my Jokes aside, I still see it as a wasted effort and wasted money and completely useless

Cuba could be wealthy over night, can't really comprehend what the people are thinking, American tourism would make the place Golden...

If you have the Military, the USA has the capacity to attack and never in a Million years could you actually defend it... 4 Million people vs Smart Bombs? It's no contest, the best even if you had a war head or Biological the best you could hope for is to get a knock in... a knock that would merely Justify use of WMD's and end your civilization...

I was serious

About Costa Rica...

NO MILITARY, place is fantastic... no one will ever in a Million years invade the whole world would gang on them if they did, it's like slapping a Nun

Whatever Rhetoric they spew...

Their leaders are crap like everyone else's... the Govt get's Money from Russia to remain a thorn in our side, the Govt keeps 99% of the Money and lets the people rot, divide their families between the States and Cuba and live in continually poverty when we would flood their yearly and they would be very well off...

Why people fall for this here or there or anywhere else is something i'll never understand... the way we pick up an ideology and follow it blindly against all reason...

There is simply zero actually animosity between Cubans and Americans as people's go, virtually none...

Yet they can actually GET 4 Million Cubans to hit the Beaches to fight us?

Amazing really, getting 4 Million people up off their kiesters for the national equal to a fire Drill...

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
It does seem to defy logic to isolate yourself from unlimited wealth and world attraction simply over ideology. But again, if you were the president of a small country with an endless bounty from neighbors afar, the odds are favorable that corruption would infect and power would consume, therefor your own people would neither extract the heroic impulses you may have had when your empire originated, since it is human nature to manipulate and be manipulated. (Or at least in most "advanced societies). Once bribed or blackmailed or however your weakness is found and exploited, you are indebted by the corruptor, your desire to keep the spoils you are accustomed to, and it makes little difference at this point who suffers, be it within or outside your domain.
Moreover, by the second generation of rule, the entire government would most likely be nothing more than a repressive kleptocracy. (note the S & L debacle, the Bush 43 war machine following 41's CIA control and trafficking, which holds power above POTUS, the Reagan assassination attempt and 43's link to shooter's family, the boy prostitute late night white house homosexual visits exposed while 43 was VP - in 82 was it?, the Military Industrial Complex and all of their ties to Defense Contractors, Saudi ties, patronage, the 2000 and 2004 voter fraud to get 43 in for 8, other family values I need not mention, as well as Grandad Preston's WWII Nazi business dealings and subsequent bank asset siezure and the ironious release of graft monies to him, their FBI/Tesla Connection, and stated residencies, birthplaces, and other discrepencies throughout the Sherff *or was it Sherf?) immigration documents as examples of "Rule by Thieves", and as you well know Lord Acton's "Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

Then, from PBS's "Frontline" you had 43's VP Cheney, reacting to the 9-11 attack, state, "It will be necessary for us to be a nation of men, and not laws."

Somehow, I'm not convinced that Castro is as bad as his reputation here in the west.

But, who am I kidding? If it came to it, even a psychotic sociopath would not relinquish power and a Nation on a whim to go toe to toe with a super power who's arcenal could Sh&t something the size of Cuba.

I now wonder, there may be an alternate reason for the games. To inject some stimulus into their economy by using some fuel, weapons, and other stores that may soon expire or to generate trade and jobs, even if temporary, for a nation that may have an economic slumber who's bed is in need of clean bedding, or some circulation of an economic nature.

That would make more sense.

Or the third senario, Russia now has a new embassy in South America, If they advance with China from the south and north, Cuba from the east and the UN or EU from the east and west, the NAFTA partnership and the NWO could then advance on the US and achieve the re-establishment of Zones rather than States, Corral the American "Useless Eaters" to quote Kissinger, detain them in the FEMA camps and the ET's can then harvest the Americans for their long awaited feeding frenzy before American captives start dying of starvation and dehydration.

Now we have a conspiracy theory I dare say.

uno typo

[edit on 27-11-2009 by imd12c4funn]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Havnt the russians been gog abck that way to cuba? i wonder if cubas army then is in coalation with russia...it kinda sounds like chavez, castro want to convicne the rest of latin america to rise up agaisnt the US and bumrush our boarders, all the way to the capitol*

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

Um, do you have anything to back that claim up? Tensions are extremely strained between the US and Venezuela right now, but I'm sure sometime between writing letters to Carlos the Jackal and praising Idi Amin, Hugo Chavez acknowledged that he could 'bumrush' the borders of the United Statres, much less push forces over 2,000 miles into the capital.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Imagine if they quickly moved 100k or so attackers to south florida before we could muster forces to fight them back. They could take over Miami fairly easy.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Expensive technology does not even come close to gurrella tactics and willpower. The US can bomb Cuba all that it wants but it will only provide combat data to major allies of Cuba, like Russia.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

Is it just me, or is the whole damn world gearing up for ww3?

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Lol well put, but their military is probably motivated by "success" of Viet Cong and North Korea.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I have to agree with you on Costa Rica, no standing army and the happiest nation on Earth according to a recent survey. It's an amazing country with 2 beutiful coast lines and rain forests to boot. I'd be pretty happy to live there.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
The Cubans did this five years ago according to the article. Not much has happened since then to make Cuba think that we are going to invade. If anything, this is probably designed to show Obama the strength of Cuba's military prior to any treaties or deals that are already in the works.

(CNN) -- A European Union commissioner Monday told CNN's Christiane Amanpour that Europe's policy toward Cuba in the future will place less emphasis on human rights in the island nation than now.
The EU commissioner for development and humanitarian aid, Karel De Gucht, who is just back from a visit to Havana, Cuba, told Amanpour, "We have relations with a lot of oppressive regimes and we have a special regime for Cuba. It makes no sense singularizing them."
His comments come amid indications that Spain, which will hold the presidency of the EU for six months beginning in January 2010, intends to soften the organization's policy toward Cuba. The European Union currently criticizes Cuba's human rights record, but does not support the U.S. trade embargo against Havana.
The Obama administration, which has offered Havana a "new beginning," insists it will maintain sanctions as long as Cuba refuses to release political prisoners and improve human rights. But many critics overseas and a rising number in the United States say the embargo has totally failed to change the Cuban regime's policy and it is time for change.

Link: www.cnn.com...

Note: Emphasis added by me.

From what I've seen so far of Obama, he is more than willing to put aside the United States' prior commitment to not supporting countries with terrible human rights records [i.e. CHINA] in order to appease the UN and EU.

This is just a show from Cuba to make sure that the rest of the world realizes they are capable of defending themselves should any future "negotiations" fall apart.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Well if anything Cuba's intelligence source is one of the best in the world when it comes to the US, cause the US is the only country they spy on. What I believe is going on is rhetoric by the Raoul Castro, to keep military power in the country and to do a bit of sabre rattling is all. Don't think they are going to go and take over the US or attack, but flexing their arms to show that they have teeth and a military force to try to put a hurting on the US is all. It will pass and they will go back to brooding and figuring out what to do.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Ol' Raul and Fidel must be having 60's flashbacks. Or things are going bad there so they want to deflect their populations attention to the "Great White Satan" to the north.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
This is a tried and true successful formula for countries seeking to bolster their failing economies and governments.

Stage a fight with the biggest richest sucker you can find; provoke a real or imagined incident to cause that sucker to interfere militarily; reluctantly accept the massive amounts of infrastructure and foreign aid from the sucker.

The sucker continues to play this game in the belief that if they expend enough lives and money protecting and improving the "victim" country, then world opinion of the sucker will improve.

IMHO

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
Imagine if they quickly moved 100k or so attackers to south florida before we could muster forces to fight them back. They could take over Miami fairly easy.

Not a chance in hell. Do you have any idea how many anti-Castro Cubans live in Miami? The US military wouldn't have to do anything. They would be wiped out before DC found out anything about it. These guys would probably take the invaders boats and equipment and launch their own invasion of Cuba.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

When Cuban and anti-Cuban elements fight each other, consider how much progress can be made from the other elements that exist in Miami. Intel is best obtained during chaos.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
A few years ago there were 7 countries that did not have a central bank owned by the Rothschilds. Now Iraq and Afghanistan have been removed from that list.

There are now 5 countries left on this planet that do not have a central bank owned by the Rothschilds: Iran, North Korea, Cuba, sudan, and libya.

Does that little tidbit shed a little light on what you keep reading in the news regarding the US and Isreal in regard to Iran, North Korea, and now Cuba ?

"Permit me to issue and control the money of a nation, and I care not who makes its laws." Amschel Mayer Rothschild 1838

[edit on 30-11-2009 by AwakeAndAware]

new topics

top topics

join