It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Salon.com dying

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2003 @ 12:26 PM
link   
www.salon.com...

Critics dancing on its grave ..... (sad)

Did you ever get the feeling that some people want you dead? Last week's flurry of news stories about Salon's imminent demise produced another wave of hate mail from those eager to dance on our grave. (The fact that Salon never seems to actually die -- despite the tone of absolute certainty in these perennial press obits that this time, yes, it MUST be going under! -- never diminishes these letter writers' bloodlust.)

posted on Feb, 24 2003 @ 12:29 PM
link   
So, they're........victims??

posted on Feb, 24 2003 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Hi guys!

Just wondering?

What the hell is Salon?

we have something like that on TV over here and its about life in a beauty salon, with this real stupid bunch of people!

Is this what your talking about?

posted on Feb, 24 2003 @ 05:38 PM
link   
salon.com is a liberally spun news site. i can't say that i'll miss it that much, but it's pretty much the same as democraticunderground.com.

posted on Feb, 24 2003 @ 05:44 PM
link   
but from what I am hearing,it will be back.This is not the 1st time its gone under.Its a decent newssite.I think DU is pretty cool.If you want to read some scary sh*t like armyofgod.com or godhatesfags.com,go to www.freerepublic.com...

these people are monsters!!!!

[Edited on 24-2-2003 by romantico]

posted on Feb, 24 2003 @ 07:10 PM
link   
i am not a monster, and salon and DU are probably the worst sites out there. i do like to check out the new t shirts DU has though, it's always good to know where the next attack from the left is aimed.

[Edited on 2/25/2003 by AegisFang]

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 11:31 AM
link   
As spun as Limbaugh or Coulter? I subscribed to Ann's free column online, the first two were funny but the rest just made me bitter. I have not seen such spinning in my life. I wish that I could reply to her to tell her of all the ignorance on her site.

I think I'll become a liberal columnist to answer her challenge to them. Does anyone think that this is a good idea. It will be hard, because, as an honest person, I will not be able to make up things as she does It will be hard.

XOAs

[Edited on 25-2-2003 by xaos]

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Its sure as hell not me.Re-read my post.Why so defensive?DU & salon is not what you say.FreeRepublic endorses those who kill abortion doctors,they HATE gays,minorities,& pretty much HATES anyone who disagrees with their views.DU welcomes EVERYONE(unless someone goes there & intentionally starts trouble)I like ABove Top Secret because it appears to pretty balanced(its hard to find a balanced mesage board these days)

So,again,I am not calling you a monster.If you wanna see what I mean when I call 'them'monsters,go check them out.

www.armyofgod.com...

www.freerepublic.com...

[Edited on 25-2-2003 by romantico]

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 02:18 PM
link   
well - with Salon dying, or dead, you could always watch Phil Donahue for your liberally spun dose of news and views. Wait, scratch that - he's just been cancelled by MSNBC.

I dig Rush and Coulter. They are pundits though and don't claim to be fair and balanced.

[Edited on 25-2-2003 by Bob88]

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Coulter & Rush just stir the pot as you might say.Atleast they don't try to BS you like O"Reilly who actually gets mad if you dare call him a conservative.I wonder how Rush & Coulter will be remembered.As hate mongers?Extreme Entertainers?Has Spim meisters?They have made a successful living at preaching hate.I never watched Donahue.He was always too safe IMO.Maybe it was the network(but I doubt it)I do like Bill Maher(he seems to appeal to both sides)Hopefully they'll get someone nuetral to take his place.

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I like Maher also, he has a show coming up on HBO, though I don't totally agree politically with him - his show is/was fun.

Coulter and Rush hate mongers? How so?

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Has Rush or COulter ever said anything Pro-liberal?I'm a Democrat,but there are some Republicans I admire VERY much!I've never heard most of these Loudmouths say anything positive about them.I mean,we all can't be that bad,can we?If he could re-inforce his argumnets rather than just saying,"Because I say So,reason enough".He has screeners because he doesn't want to confront ANYONE who disagrees with him.When they do,he holds down the mute button & spews HIS views & we never hear from the other caller again.

Although,I do have issues w/O'reilly,he doesn't seem AS bad as the others.WOuld listen to more talk radio if it were atleast a LITTLE balanced.NPR just doesn't do it for me.Perhaps Hate wasn't the right word Bob.

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Rush and Coulter are �opinionists.� You'll hardly ever hear them say anything pro-liberal
- they only �hate� liberal ideology, can�t fault them for that.

I listen to Rush when I can - and I don't know if he has screeners but I have heard him go toe to toe with many that don't agree with him. I've heard him 'convert' people also. Oreilly is a different beast: Mostly conservative, it seems, while not for the 'death penalty' (sounds like me) but can be annoying at times (sounds like me again). Sadly, talk radio appears to be filled with pundits (hannity, rush, etc). Don't know if a balanced radio show is possible. The 'left' is trying to enter the talk radio game (again) so we'll see how that goes. NPR doesn't do it for me either, a tad liberal and elitist imho, and they kill me when they do their fund raising! But, it's all I got for the drive home except some radical talk shows that are on the college stations that have odd time slots and hosts that say �um� too many times.

There are some democrats I admire, and I typically vote republican. While I don't like all of his policies, Lieberman strikes me as an honest guy.

[Edited on 25-2-2003 by Bob88]

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 04:20 PM
link   
You sound like my kind of Repuplican Bob88.I CAN NOT STAND Extreme Right Wingers just like I CAN NOT STAND Extreme left wingers.I call em'old time republicans.O'Reilly is against the death penality & is either pro gay marriage or pro-gay adoption(can't remember which one)That always surprises me.I know someone who is an acquaintancem of O'Reilly.Says he is SO not like how he is on TV.Kinda like Howard Stern.Actually have heard Stern is a quiet,sweet guy.Most these people put on a show just for ratings.Anyways,good points Bob!

join