It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S&P Futures Down 30 Points

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Tomorrow will not be pretty for stocks. If you have any long positions in your personal portfolio, please do yourself a favor and exit them ASAP. Lots of people are going to be looking to sell, so get out before its too late. The rally is officially OVER

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Could Reinhardt be right again? He did say "this is what markets traditionally do before they die" several weeks back.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I believe that this all centering around "Climategate". The Green Energy bandwagon was the next bubble to blown up and at least give a false sense things "getting better".

Now that these e-mails, more importantly code, has been released and some time for super geeks to go over the code things are starting to fall apart. It also doesn't help, that Australia has ran into problems passing their Cap and Tax scheme do to politicians resigning and threatening to resign.

Once news of the leak surfaced I figured this was going to happen. What is also interesting is that it is dropping the day before "Black Friday". I do believe the gig is up and we are about to go through some extremely hard times.

On the other end, they keep pushing the importance of deficits and the need to reduce them, but at the same time they are trying to push through huge spending programs that will only increase the deficit. I also believe that there is no doubting the fact that this admin is ideologically driven and not reality driven. It's also to late to turn back. Credibility has been lost.

There is no longer room for debate on whether the people running the country are in it for the good of the country or their own self serving interest. Self serving interest has won, and by default the quest of obtaining power and wealth at all cost has been their own demise as I expected it would be.

Maybe I'm wrong, but at the same time the S&P could rebound by the time the market opens.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Methinks it has more to do with the Dubai dilemma than with the green initiatives.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by eldard

I forgot all about that too, that is a more logical explanation, also I don't believe that there are in "Green" companies listed in the S&P I could be wrong though.

But, the collapse of the green market is on the horizon though. Weren't there people saying about how there are going to be Multiple "waves" that will hit the financial markets?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I too wasn't believing the "Economy is Recovering" BS. None of the problems have been fixed and the good old boys are right back at it again. The only money in the economy is gov't money and that won't last much longer. I believe that money is starting to dry up and we are looking at a major contraction of the economy in the near future.

All the talking heads I've heard over the last six months all peg our recovery to the people returning to their previous spending habits. I don't think that's going to happen. People smartened up this last crash and many don't have jobs to spend money. What's going to happen to the housing market in the US when NINJA(No Income No Job No Assets) loans start getting their first rate hike. Most economists predict that this bubble will be worse than the subprime because these were "Good Quality" loans.

Canada is going to be just as screwed as our brainless leader seems to be planning to play follow the leader. We should be trying to lessen the blow from the US collapse and start courting better trading relations with China and other Asian countries

Back on topic the world markets fell today on the Dubai news and that has had some devastating effects. If they're that bad off who else is on the verge of collapse. I believe once one G20 country defaults on it's sovereign debt it will start a domino effect around the world

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
guys this is about DUBAI Credit situation

this is not doom time - although dubai could potentially be in trouble if they cant arrange diff terms

this is not about anything else

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Dow futures down -276 ouch.....

Could this be a black day for the market?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
DOW Futures -297
S&P Futures -38
USD +1%?
Gold -4.5%
Russia -5%
Asia -2-5%

what's going on?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
One bad day doesn't indicate a sudden reversal for the markets peoples. Especially if that bad day hasn't even happened yet lol ... There is bound to be a 1-3% drop due to Dubai, that would be natural. But even if the DOW fell 300, it's still about 10k.

I don't expect anything out of the ordinary.

new topics

top topics

join