It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do chicks always complain about the T.V. being too loud?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
What's up with that? Is this like Gods little way of sticking it to men? It seems like every chick I've ever been with seems to eventually want to complain about the T.V. being too loud. And you never hear a peep out of them in the beginning, but after you let them stay a while you start getting this "that's really loud" crap. Am I alone on this or is this like some new kind of witchcraft, like shopping on "Black Friday" and putting toothpicks in Avocados.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I seriously just spit my drink out with laughter when I read your topic because I do that every night. I said it last night about 5 times.
I think the real reason I say it, is because IT'S TOO LOUD.
And I think men like to have it really loud to drown out the "It's too loud" nag.

(BTW: What does sticking toothpicks in Avocados do?)

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
First , you shouldn't call women chicks, I hate when men use that word. Also, all women are not like that when it comes to the t.v. Some women like for the t.v to be loud depending on what channel the t.v is on.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
....and also, turn down that tv.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Well, my first response is you let a chick in the living room?

That is sarcasm for keep learning about life in order to see purpose, not desire.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Haha, you make such a good point! But, I do have to say, I live with a guy, and he's just as bad. Seriously, I'm 20-30% deaf in my left ear, but my house-mate is always telling me to turn the T.V up because it's too quiet :-p.

It's actually a very simple thing. Our senses adjust after a short time, to whatever they're exposed to. For myself, I usually have the T.V on a low-ish volume so that I don't wake anyone else, or disturb them. But, to someone else who isn't used to it, it seems too quiet, yet it seems normal to me.

I compare it to seeing in the dark. When you first wake up, it may hurt your eyes, but give it time and they will adjust. It's the same thing but reversed. lol, very simple, but people over-look it all the time :-P. Fact is, I just hate pissing people off with a loud T.V :-P.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by Alesanjin]

[edit on 27-11-2009 by Alesanjin]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Uh Oh - We've been moved to the "Chit Chat" place by some amazing moderator looking out for everyone - gag. I guess it should have been about something more real like "Aliens" complaining about the T.V. being too loud.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Headphones resolve many problems
as you can see.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3ca4bbb0a1e5.gif[/atsimg]

But as humans we must adapt

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
This is really easy to explain. Women (or chicks as the OP puts it) tend to have a higher hearing range than men. What sounds normal may be shrill to younger women especially. TV speakers are usually crappy little things that have a lot of distortion epecially at the higher end. The louder the sound, the more distortion, the more shrill the sound. Women are more sensitive to this. There are solutions 1) use a better sound system to provide sound, 2) turn down the treble especially when you turn up the sound, this was standard for loudness controls on earlier stereo equipment. It has to do with the way we perceive sounds at various volume levels, and 3) use headhones as The Utopian Penguin (above poster) recommended.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Well, if you kept the kitchen door shut it wouldn't be a problem now would it?

Kidding

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Its actually kind of hard to explain.

Because men are engaged in the tv and don't care about drowning everything out. It is a one at a time activity.

Women are multi taskers, and can't devote themselves completely to one activtity. When the volume is up to high, it drowns out thoughts and is very irritating. It takes over and doesn't allow for other activities.

I think poster is partially right that it is shrill sounding. The tv up to loud is actually uncomfortable. And I can't hear myself think.

It would be akin to having your office placed next to a construction site with the window open that has a jack hammer going. It drowns everything out and you can't focus on anything else.

top topics

join