It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida students suspended over ‘Kick a Jew Day’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

There was a report on the early show wed morning about the Kick a Ginger day, they were talking about how it was from the grade schools all the way to high school kids.

I watch South Park and have seen this on there alot. BUT i never wanted to run out and kick a redhead because of it.

I think the problem is Kids are stretching for attention these days and if it involves something stupid like this to get there friends or classmates to recognize them then they do it.

It is stupid, and kids do not think about it being Hate or racial related, It is a shame but what is the best way to deal with it.

Children have been picking on each other for centuries, they are just finding more violent or massive ways to do it.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Why is this restricted to only one small group of people in one school - this should go international.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amagnon
Why is this restricted to only one small group of people in one school - this should go international.

Tutt tutt tutt ~

-----------------------------------------
Speaking of things international ......

This advertisement from the early 90`s, was banned in England ,Scotland Wales & Ireland because kids began copying it . It became a craze sweeping playgrounds and schools, resulting in some children receiving serious injuries or even being deafened by being slapped on the ears .

You know , when you`ve been Tango`d

-----------------------------------------

Meme machines ~ young and old.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by capgirl
That is the problem with schools. They are either to soft on a punishment or to harsh. In this case too soft.

That is evidently the case here, they are equating blatant, intentional racism with like, I don't know say, messing up the food service line display box in your local school's cafeteria. The punishment should've been 1 week suspension and a mandatory 30 hours working in the Denomination's House Of Worship before being allowed to return to school and write a paper how hate is bad.

For scare tactic purposes call the local pd, get them to book them in front of their fellow students (for public shame and embarrassment) and drive them to the local stationhouse for printing and pic them and to let them out at like 10p to their parents but do not actually file the paperwork or make the nesscecary calls to process the case as this will make a kid think they've been arrested and processed.

In reality, any and all victims of this little tirade are being afforded the rights to file charges of their own volition. In this case if charges are filed the oversight of the school ends and the legal aspect begins.

Basically if you are violated on the sole premises of either your race, your gender, your sexual preference you are to contact your local law enforcement at once. Everything from simple assault all the way up to sexual intimidation and murder threats.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Some people are really overeating to this. I would see suspension as a suitable punishment whether the victims were black or gay. Remember these are kids here. Do you really think expelling them, or throwing them in jail is the right way? That is taking it way too far.

You can't fight ignorance with punishment alone - no matter how severe. Education and experience are much more effective.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
People need to grow a thicker skin. Curse you evolution /shakes fist/!!

My kids and their friends (a somewhat ethnically diverse bunch) use the word Jew in the pejorative all the time. "This is jewish" "that is jewish" or in other words, it is a reference to something they find absurd or unacceptable or stupid.

Kids have this knack of calling things as they see them using the term that most appropriately conveys the situation. Perhaps "kicking a jew" is their way of dealing with "the unacceptable".

Just a thought.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by quackers]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by quackers
Kids have this knack of calling things as they see them using the term that most appropriately conveys the situation. Perhaps "kicking a jew" is their way of dealing with "the unacceptable".

Just exactly what is unacceptable about being Jewish?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I see you managed to miss the point. It's not about being Jewish.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by quackers

ya know I remember calling things jewish, and I still do. Funny thing is no one wants to mention is generally calling somethig jewish runs handinhand with the affirmation that it is successful.

I get this from dating a jewish girl who didn't seem jewish. She was all chill and stuff. Her brother tried to kill me with a monkey wrench but whatever. So it's kinda like saying something is "jewish" is the same thing as like, say "proactive". That is, looking back, how the word in the verb form made the most sense.

--that is to say, any one who ever gets ripped off is seen as the jewee, not always the jewER. It's a positive thing. A general recognition in society of that people's ability to not get jewed.

Like if you get ripped off, you got jewed, but if you got the better end of the bargain, you jewed the guy.
I dunno seems like one big fat compliment imho.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by heyo]

[edit on 27-11-2009 by heyo]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix
I needed a laugh ....Thanks!!!

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

It's not really about being Jewish, at least not explicitly. It is perhaps representative of what kids perceive as absurd. For example, I think the power of the Jewish lobby is absurd and completely unrepresentative. I'm not as stupid as to presume that older kids have not caught on to this particular working of society, therefore kicking a jew is their way of getting back at an establishment that bends over backwards to make Jews happy, at the expense of everyone involved. Hope that explains it better for ya.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I see you managed to miss the point. It's not about being Jewish.

Thanks. So I take it you are antisemitic.

And it's OK to kick jewish children to make a political statment.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Indeed they did, perhaps you might ask yourself what it is exactly that would drive them to kick a jew? I wouldn't kick a Jew, no matter how much I disliked Israel, so what makes them do it? To simply pass this off as racism, I feel, is completely whitewashing the issue. I think there is more to it than that, and I doubt many want to admit that perhaps Jews themselves to some extent are to blame for their own persecution.

Ya I know, controversial.

Here's an analogy. If I walk around all day slapping everyone in the face, what right do I have to complain when someone beats the crap out of me?

(the cookie cutter answer to that is Israel (Jews) can do no wrong)

People now pick on Jews because they cannot get recourse against Israel.

We breed contempt.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Here's an analogy. If I walk around all day slapping everyone in the face, what right do I have to complain when someone beats the crap out of me?

Spit it out. What exactly have Jews done that their children deserve to be kicked?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

That is a good question, you might want to ask the new generation of (apparent) Jew haters. I've already said what I think their problem is.

Some black folk still hate all white folk for crap that happened 150 years ago, you could ask them what makes them hate still.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   

reply to post by whaaa

That is a good question, you might want to ask the new generation of (apparent) Jew haters. I've already said what I think their problem is.

Some black folk still hate all white folk for crap that happened 150 years ago, you could ask them what makes them hate still.

And some black folk hate white folks for the way they are treated today. ex. driving while black in the wrong part of town.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

People need to grow a thicker skin. Curse you evolution /shakes fist/!!

My kids and their friends (a somewhat ethnically diverse bunch) use the word Jew in the pejorative all the time. "This is jewish" "that is jewish" or in other words, it is a reference to something they find absurd or unacceptable or stupid.

Just a thought.

So. How is it you have intervened to put a stop to their casual racism? Or, do you do nothing?

You really think middle schoolers are protesting Israeli polcies towards Palestinians by kicking Jewish kids? Could anything be more absurd?

btw... HELLO - they're Jewish, not Israeli.

Be honest - if not with us, with yourself. You're a bigot. Just let it sink in. It's not really up for debate.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by TrueTruth]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

reply to post by whaaa

Indeed they did, perhaps you might ask yourself what it is exactly that would drive them to kick a jew? I wouldn't kick a Jew, no matter how much I disliked Israel, so what makes them do it? To simply pass this off as racism, I feel, is completely whitewashing the issue. I think there is more to it than that, and I doubt many want to admit that perhaps Jews themselves to some extent are to blame for their own persecution.

Ya I know, controversial.

(the cookie cutter answer to that is Israel (Jews) can do no wrong)

People now pick on Jews because they cannot get recourse against Israel.

We breed contempt.

We breed contempt? Slaves were treated contemptuously - it's their fault? This is absurd on its face.

Also, what exactly is the "Jewish lobby"? If you're speaking of the infamous AIPAC, the're an Israeli lobby - not a Jewish lobby. You might not know this, but there's a difference. For example, my wife is Jewish, but has never stepped foot in Israel.

I mean, by your logic, anyone who hated George Bush is justified in kicking white people. See how silly that is?

It's horrifying to know that you just allow you kid to be a racist. No, it's not something all kids do. It's something YOUR kid does, because you're an irresponsible parent.

God. It's so depressing to know people like you exist.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueTruth

Yes of course I'm a bigot, outstanding observational skills there. Of course I tell them that is the incorrect term, I then proceed to give them the correct derogatory term for Jews. I swear as long as people keep finding names to call people instead of addressing the issue, nothing will change, and Jews will keep on getting kicked. You really think kids don't know what's going on? I pity you.

Meh.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   

reply to post by TrueTruth

Yes of course I'm a bigot, outstanding observational skills there. Of course I tell them that is the incorrect term, I then proceed to give them the correct derogatory term for Jews. I swear as long as people keep finding names to call people instead of addressing the issue, nothing will change, and Jews will keep on getting kicked. You really think kids don't know what's going on? I pity you.

Meh.

Dude. Try again.

Simple thing here.

Jews ... Israel. Not the same.

Further, anti-semitism predates Israel. By that fact alone, your rationalizing is undone.

Stop being so freakin dishonest.

And yes, you're a bigot. And for a person who let's their kid use 'Jewish' as an insult, you got a lot of nerve telling other people to rise above name calling.

Bigot isn't a thing you are by birth - it is a title you earn through behavior. A person who runs, is a runner. A person who practices bigotry, is a bigot.

It's just what it is.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join