It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida students suspended over ‘Kick a Jew Day’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by HotSauce
reply to post by whaaa

I believe these kids should be arrested for a hate crime and locked up for a few years. Isn't that what would happen if they had kicked a buch of homosexuals and called it "kick a queer day"?

hahaa..

I don't know about hate crimes and jail for years. That's excessive.

It's not like they we're pulling their fingernails out.

Having said that (sorry Larry David), I admit that it would be traumatizing for these innocent jewish kids.
Ignorance is hard to overcome, but possible.

Maybe something that teaches them about Jews.
An assembly teaching about the holocaust... or perhaps a film about teens in Israel, showing them we're all not that different from one another.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by HotSauce

Discrimination is discrimination, since when did the Jews get first dibs on being offended?

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by quackers

I am not saying that jews get first dibs on being offended. In fact I think they have handled this pretty graciousy. Could you imagine the outrage and protests you would get from Rev Al, Jesse Jackson, and the NAACP or the Gay, Lesbian, Transgender group if this had happened to African Americans or Gays? I think all groups have a right to decry discrimination, not just jews, or African-Americans, or Gays.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
There have been several "Kick a Ginger" days.

Where redheads are targeted. Now this way inspired by Southpark, but has taken on a life of its own.

You may think this is funny if you live in North America, but in the UK people literally still target Gingers for serious harassment. No joke.

So yes, other groups have been targeted this way. And it still isn't okay or funny.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
hey guys, i didn't see this mentioned, but there was also "kick a ginger day"

www.google.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I like the way the jews are handling this. Seems as if they see it for what it is. Very respectable.
If this gets big enough, there's gonna be a "whackawhitey" day.

Will gingers be exempt?

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Personally, I blame the Simpsons and their "Wacking Day" episode.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Actually that just happened to my brother. He is a red head and was kicked about twenty times at the high school for it. He just admitted it tonight because I brought this topic up to him and my mom. Now she is on a rampage about going to the school on Tuesday.

[edit on 26-11-2009 by capgirl]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by virricocha
reply to post by whaaa

Personally, I blame the Simpsons and their "Wacking Day" episode.

Are you calling Jews snakes? Shame on you.

..Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I joke.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by capgirl
reply to post by Aeons

Actually that just happened to my brother. He is a red head and was kicked about twenty times at the high school for it. He just admitted it tonight because I brought this topic up to him and my mom. Now she is on a rampage about going to the school on Tuesday.

[edit on 26-11-2009 by capgirl]

Good for her. She sounds like an excellent parent.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   

UH OH! ...
...It's that time of year again!!!1

SLAP Your Irritating Co-Worker Day is coming...

This Friday is SLAP Your Irritating Co-Worker Day!!!!111

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by HotSauce

Yes, the punishment should be the same for those 3 things (kicking blacks, gays, or jews). They are 3 versions of the same thing.

But, never did I say I agreed that the punishment was sufficient or intelligent. In fact, I said the opposite.

I'm not sure what you think I meant, or what you are taking issue with.

Can you clarify?

thanks.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by HotSauce
reply to post by whaaa

I believe these kids should be arrested for a hate crime and locked up for a few years. Isn't that what would happen if they had kicked a buch of homosexuals and called it "kick a queer day"?

I don't see your point. Years? You're either being facetious or rectal-cranially inverse. But 'kick a jew day' dehumanises a group of kids in the eyes of the bullies...and the perps grow up saying stuff like 'the only thing Hitler did wrong was that he didn't get all of them'. Casual antisemitism is worse than overt...because it exists in an atmosphere of denial.

Kids ought to get a good education in genocide...with lots of visual aids. That might put things into context.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
She should have gotten expelled......

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

It's more prevalent then you imagine .. I heard on the news last night about "Kick a Ginger Day" in which one red headed boy was assaulted.

It's so retarded it's kinda funny. Kids.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
delete please

[edit on 27-11-2009 by lostviking]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrMattMaddix

UH OH! ...
...It's that time of year again!!!1

SLAP Your Irritating Co-Worker Day is coming...

This Friday is SLAP Your Irritating Co-Worker Day!!!!111

My favourite day of the year!

I shall wear a iron gauntlet on that day

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   

They should have to help out at a synagogue for the day.

Yeah and you'd end up with a truck load of new converts who'd be going back to school with the end of their john thomas lopped off lol.

I think this is absolutely hilarious and should be a worldwide thing, unfortunately I don't know any jews

We should have a abusive day for every religion. You can just hear the radio ad's now..

'Don't forget this Ramadan, national kick a Muslim day' get em' while they're low on energy!' (Terms & conditions may apply)

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

thats what I said too! so high five
"sounds like something outta south park" I thought

but seriously,whats wrong with these kids!

edit:spellig

[edit on 27-11-2009 by Locke23]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
The punishment in this case is ridiculous. Remember the Eagle Scout who kept a pocket knife locked in a survival kit in his trunk? He received a harsher punishment than these goons who actually planned and attacked fellow students.

These nimrods involved in this case should all be expelled and prosecuted for hate crime assault. If this was "Kick a Black Person Day" this would be a different story.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by jibeho]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join