It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida students suspended over ‘Kick a Jew Day’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Florida students suspended over ‘Kick a Jew Day’

rawstory.com...

Ten students at a Naples, Florida, middle school have been given one-day, in-school suspensions for participating in "Kick a Jew Day," in which Jewish students were targeted for assault, according to news reports in the local media.

Parents and students at North Naples Middle School told NBC channel 2 in Naples that many students -- all of them Jewish -- were targeted in the attacks, which took place last week.

The station obtained a letter from one parent who said his daughter was a target of the attacks.

"Kids pretender to kick her, and later at lunch, they actually kicked her," the letter stated. "Apparently, many kids, all Jewish, were kicked. I was furious and attempted to call the parents of the girl who initiated this hatred."

Suspended for One Day for "kicking Jews" that'll teach em.

Thats a lesson they'll never forget.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Too funny

'Kick a Jew day' Where do these kids come up with this stuff

How about 'Kick a Christian day'

or 'Kick a Catholic day'

or 'Kick a Muslim day'

or maybe just 'Kick a Hispanic day'

or even 'Kick a black day'

or 'Kick a Principal day'

but just 'Kick your best friend day'

or even 'Kick your mother day'

But best of all 'Kick yourself day'

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
That is the problem with schools. They are either to soft on a punishment or to harsh. In this case too soft.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by capgirl
That is the problem with schools. They are either to soft on a punishment or to harsh. In this case too soft.

I disagree. What would be the purpose of suspending the girl for a week or expelling her to different school? This is an issue of parenting that the girl's family needs to engage.

You have to take into consideration the motives and mindset of the girl. She acted out of ignorance, not out of hatred and because of that she just needs to be properly educated in what she did wrong. She is, after all, a child.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I so expected Cartman to be behind these attacks.

I think Cartman and this girl would fall in love.

It's weird to see this downplayed but ball kicking overplayed in another thread, and well we all know freshman hit week, hell thats a whole week!

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Well unless they're kicking jews in the balls, I think our priorities are just fine.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Kids and racism. Cant help but laugh. No wonder our societies are all going to hell.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Why would the other kids have known that anyone was a Jewish kid in the first place?

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by factbeforefiction
Why would the other kids have known that anyone was a Jewish kid in the first place?

It seems to be one of those things kids just "know." Sinilar to the way they "know" who comes from a rich family, who comes from a poor family, whose daddy does brain surgery and whose builds drywalls, etc. Perhaps grotesque, but humans seem to have a 6th-sense ability to sniff out anyone who is "different..." and this starts at a young age, too.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
This is immature.

So many kids just follow along with whatever their friends are doing or whatever seems popular. Obviously these jewish kids are a minority in this school.

Sounds like a microcosm straight out of the twenties in Germany.

Oh okay, maybe not that bad.

I used to get poked at for being Greek in HS and I always took it with a grain of salt... because most of the time people are just taking the piss, playing around.

But not always.

If they had a kick a Greek day, I'd be kicking back lol.

As for a suspension, I think that's not enough.

They should have to help out at a synagogue for the day.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
This isn't funny. This is horrible.
This is what we are teaching our kids?
Still?
After all of this time?
To hate?
To humiliate?

Aren't we past this sh-t yet?
When are we going to quit this harmful behavior
- and teach our kids that we are equal?

Not funny.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by GioTheGreek

They should have to help out at a synagogue for the day.

great idea.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by factbeforefiction

Because they talk to each other. Not mysterious.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
good! though I think they should be punished more, make them stand in the corner facing the wall all day.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I believe these kids should be arrested for a hate crime and locked up for a few years. Isn't that what would happen if they had kicked a buch of homosexuals and called it "kick a queer day"?

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by HotSauce

I think that's pretty much everyday, actually. They're children, it has nothing to do with hate.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by HotSauce

Well, these ARE preteens after all. And I don't think it's hypocricy. The ADL WROTE the model hate crime legislation, so, I don't think they'd hesitate to use it to defend Jewish kids if they felt a need.

Prison is way too harsh, and 1 day vaca- I mean suspension, is a joke. Maybe some sort of modified 'parole' type thing, where the consequences follow them for a period of many months, and if they ever did it again before they graduated high school, they get expelled?

Dunno. It's gotta be consequated severely, but they should at least be given a chance to learn better and grow up a little.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

So targeting someone for their race and/or religion is not a hate crime? I thought if you beat up a black man just for being black or a gay man just for being gay that was considered a hate crime according to the laws of this great land. So how is it ok to kick people just for being Jewish? Sound like hate to me.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
As a poster already mentioned this is a display of ignorance and the kids responsible need to be educated. It does not really matter which race or religion was the target, such a notion is dangerous and can eaisly lead to some very serious repercussions.

I doubt this was a hate crime. And the kids responsible do NOT deserve anything harsher than what they have received (suspension). Let's remember that this situation involves kids - silly and ignorant behaviour is to be expected. They have been sent a message that would thy did was wrong (suspension), there really is no need to overreact.

[edit on 26/11/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueTruth

Well just let me get this clear. So we are saying that if these same kids created "kick an n-word day" or "kick a queer day" then they should also just get the same punishment for assaulting either of these groups as whatever they get for "kick a jew" day?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join