It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World powers demand Iran mothball nuclear site

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   

World powers demand Iran mothball nuclear site

www.reuters.com

Six world powers are demanding Iran immediately mothball a uranium enrichment site it hid for years in a resolution to be voted on by U.N. nuclear agency governors, calling it a message to Tehran to change its ways.

The new measure was sponsored by Britain, France, Germany, the United States, Russia and China in another attempt to break a deadlock with Iran over its shadowy enrichment work, alleged nuclear bomb research and restrictions on IAEA inspections.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Britain, France, Germany, the United States, Russia and China

Thats an impressive coalition of countries demanding a mothball?

i wonder how many of them really mean it ..

Many back door deals must have been done to get this kind of agreement from Russia and China. i hope they mean it .... i still get a feeling that people are playing for time on all sides.

I can't see certain countries in the world allowing Iran to have a nuclear weapon capability regardless of what we think the clock is ticking this will have been planned for a long time .. just as regime change was in Iraq...

lets hope this is a good sign that all the powers are together for the correct reasons for once.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
At this moment it is important to learn what is not being told to us.

A ATS thread

Iran vs Israel: What The Media Wants You To Forget

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Quantum_Squirrel

I guess it's time to hit Iran with the DU and low level nuclear penetrator nukes.

This radiation will spread to the Caspian Sea. Putin can swim there as he notes all the dead fish.

LOL amigos.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Do as I say don't do as I do.

I bet it would carry a lot more weight with not just Iranians but reasonable everywhere if these six powers actually nuclear disarmed themselves and then made the demand!

What's it like to be so totally brainwashed? I can't believe people let the military industrial complex lead them by the nose with such hypocracy and double standards.

Nothing like leading by example

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Are we talking about nuclear power plants or nuclear bombs?

Isn't there a specific fatwa stating that iran can not use a nuclear bomb in war because it would kill civilians. Which is against their interpretation of the law.

In light of the scope of death and destruction they bring, and in light of the fact that such weapons cannot be used solely against an army of aggression but will invariably sacrifice the lives of innocent people, even if these innocent lives are those of future generations nuclear weapons are not permitted according to reason or Sharia. Anyway, humanity, particularly Muslims who follow the Sharia of the Seal of Prophets, and the Prophet, Praise be Upon Him, must take the lead in banning legally and practically all such weapons for all countries and in soliciting the help of respectable and dependable international organizations in guaranteeing such ban. Hosseinali Montazeri

Did they mention that on the news last time you watched it?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Well this is just more of the pot calling the kettle black, It's like watching friends.... will they, won't they?

IMHO Iran has every right to it's own nuclear power/programme and the're using every trick in the book and fair play to them. i mean who dose'nt need a bitta leverage these days. I think all of these countries should make some staps to cut down their reserves of nukes and set an example.

Wishful thinking me suspects

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mabs1982

IMHO Iran has every right to it's own nuclear power/programme

No, lol; they're not.
They signed an agreement back in the Shah days.

Sorry.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

No, lol; they're not.

Sorry.

I thought back in Shah days, US provided them raw material and help to establish a Nuclear Plant. Hmm....maybe the news was wrong or the different sources, and guess you are right because you have so many credible sources to back up your statement.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
There's got to be some really big promises and major deals happening behind closed doors.

My guess is that this thread and the thread about Israel agreeing to a 10-month freeze on settlements, should be linked. These two events almost have to be related.

I'm sure in about 4 - 6 weeks we'll learn what we gave up to accomplish this. Either that, or China and Russia have worked out their own deal and figure agreeing to this will buy them some time -- until they admit they have no intention on following through.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

No, lol; they're not.

Sorry.

One thing is for sure that Iran is a signatory to all the International Atomic Regulatory Agreements and complies with all inspections of it's facilities.

Unlike Israel who seems to be the most concerned regarding Iran's nuclear program(s) that has not signed any of the International Atomic Regulatory Agreements.

Isreal has time and time again over the years refused to sign the Treaties and Agreements and refused to allow inspectors into it's nuclear facilities.

Our insistance on punitive sanctions against Iran that has complied with the treaties in both spirit and deed while turning a blind eye to Israel's refusal to comply and participate in the same regulatory bodies and inspections process is the kind of hypocritical dual standard foreign policy that does lead to the frustrations in the Islamic Eastern World that both invites and creates a terrorist problem.

If nations like the United States and the other 5 members of the U.N. Security Council (that just happen to be the biggest arms dealers in the world) continually apply the laws, rules and regulations selectively and favorably to some nations and selectively and punitively to other nations based purely on politics as opposed to an even and uniform adherence to the same rules for everyone then we as Americans loose much of our credibility and the United Nations as a enforcement and protective group and entity looses most of it's credibility as well.

It's actually shameful that Israel and it's pro-Zionist supporters are the loudest voice out there in what is little more than political persecution of Iran since Israel patently and routinely refuses to sign the regulatory treaties itself and allow inspections of its own facilities.

The oft cited contention that Israel is not a threat because Israel has not used nuclear weapons is entirely disengenous because if it was not a threat and did not have an intention to utilize it's nuclear arsenal for hostile purposes it would sign the agreements and allow inspections. The fact that it refuses to and won't signifies malicious intent and a clear threat.

Iran on the other hand is a fully participatory member of the regulatory body and makes its facilities fully available to inspectors.

This is the same kind of Weapons of Mass Destruction propoganda utlized by Israel as the runup to the costly and disasterous war in Iraq which has helped to burden the United States with a huge 11 trillion dollar debt that the interest alone on is 1 trillion dollars a year which is roughly 10% of Americas overall annual gross national productivity.

America and Americans are becoming enslaved to debt and their creditors to continually be the cheif instigator in these inhumane wars of Muslim attrition. We are doing it in such a way that it literally breeds terrorism born of the frustration of a foreign policy that allows a politically favored nation like Israel to literally thumb it's nose at the rules it wilfully refuses to comply with while decrying any nation that it politically is at odds with for full compliance while loudly insisting that a politically unfavored nation can't even be trusted when they are subjecting themselves voluntarilly to the inspections and agreements that are meant to foster trust and reassurence in the first place by allowing others to witness freely and independently for themselves.

Meanwhile Israel won't even let its closest allies inspect its nuclear facilities let alone an independent body like the International Atmoic Energy Agency do so.

Clearly the noise being created by Iran is all politics and hypocritical and highly prejudicial politics at that. Very expensive politics too as that debt and that interest keeps growing.

Israel needs to be brought into the process as a fully paticipatory and honest member first before it questions the veracity of member nations like Iran who are in fact in full compliance.

top topics

join