It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Moon Anomalies III - Other Peoples Work

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Im so over hearing all this stuff about the human mind sees objects and looks for them etc....Anyone with half a brain can tell these things are obviously not just shapes.

The truth will come out when we start getting close ups of the moon etc.Russia or china will not cover anything up.(unlike nasa).

[edit on 25-1-2010 by KANDINSKI]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by KANDINSKI

LOL!!!!!

I mean...LOL!!!!!

Oh, and just for good measure....LOL!!!!!!

I am sorry ( as I wipe my eyes from laughing so hard.... ) Where were we again?????

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mixmix
reply to post by OrionHunterX

If you and weedwacker are in the ignore list of some people,
It's just for sanity reading.
Your posts are not so much interesting. Allways the same insults repeated in every pages.

Not really insults just trying to show you guys you have no idea of how photographic images work when zoomed in beyond the pixel resolution.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX

Originally posted by weedwhacker
I am sorry, but so far, these "evidences" of so-called "proof" merely fail, over and over again.

Hate to be so blunt, but facts are facts....

Weed, how come you always read my mind?
This was exactly what I was about to say!

Unfortunately all the 'anomalists' here have put us (that includes you and I) on the 'ignore' list so they won't be able to read our posts! In other words it's like the blind leading the blind, patting each other on the back for posting outrageously silly 'discoveries' which actually are pixelated pixels
enlarged to horrendous levels resulting in them hallucinating to hitherto unknown levels of idiocy!

Dont worry Exuberant1 etc have their lackies who will no doubt grass I mean report
on what you say.

They call us close minded but they put us on ignore WHY because they realise we are pointing out things even their biggest fans can check re picture resolution , natural rock formation with faces, straight edges and all the other stuff they claim backs up what they say.

If you want a real laugh look at PEGASUS RESEARCH CONSORTIUM
(I know sounds like a 60 spy movie world domination group
) site
which shows how bad these guys can get and also the livingmoon site.

On the Pegasus site have a look for the Mars Rat see what you think of that group of pics. See what you see and think

www.keithlaney.net...

[edit on 25-1-2010 by wmd_2008]

[edit on 25-1-2010 by wmd_2008]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Thanks.

It was just because of the photo ID that I could find from where it was so I could look for more photos of that area.

Strange as it may seam (or not), I could only find Clementine photos (too dark and low resolution) or Lunar Orbiter IV photos (very low resolution versions), but Kaguya has part of the "butterknife" on two photos (morning and evening, as usual), so here they are, rotated (90º clockwise) to look the same as in the Lunar Orbiter photo.

Morning view (click for full size)

Evening view (click for full size)

PS: that Lunar Orbiter photo is really a mess, and a good example of how easy it was to fake those photos, because they were printed twice. They just had to have some "problems" in the second print to make it look like a print that was badly processed on board Lunar Orbiter.

But it doesn't mean they did it.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by KANDINSKI
Im so over hearing all this stuff about the human mind sees objects and looks for them etc....Anyone with half a brain can tell these things are obviously not just shapes.

The truth will come out when we start getting close ups of the moon etc.Russia or china will not cover anything up.(unlike nasa).

[edit on 25-1-2010 by KANDINSKI]

Here just 2 links look an google under images see how many you can find on Earth anyone with half a brain cell could see faces on MARS
are Natural!!! Even more so if you look at bottom link!

www.johnsadowski.com...

www.environmentalgraffiti.com...

What you hoped to see

www.harrybishop.ca...

Now taken with a GOOD hi-res camera from a few miles not a low res camera from over 1100 miles like in the picture above.

marsprogram.jpl.nasa.gov...

Does that register on the half brain cell.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Or the highest resolution available.

That's the bright spot on the top left of the "face".

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Hello, I am new to ATS and this is my first comment, I was looking at the "Natural Color UVVIS Multispectral Imagery" of the moon provided by USGS at www.mapaplanet.org andi believe I found a picture of a tower with a black spherical top, is there a way to post this image?

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
well the coordinates of this object I believe to be a tower are longitude6.22 latitude8.68...let me know what you think!

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by Exuberant1

Thanks.

It was just because of the photo ID that I could find from where it was so I could look for more photos of that area.

And Thank you Armap - for posting the kaguya image of the depression.

Also, what is the Portuguese word for Butterknife ?

*Hey folks, If you check the filename of the images I post, most will have the photo ID & whatever nickname I've given the prominent feature in it. Sometimes I even write it on the image (like with the 'butterknife)- usually it is also in the posts, so check!

[edit on 25-1-2010 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by LunarAnom

Welcome!

Not sure how to translate those coordinates, but IF you wish to provide images you can use the ATS resources....I'm not keen on how they work, but I'm sure others here can help.

Thing I question , though, is your description of a "tower". When you consider that the orbital photos of our Moon are taken from above, not sure how a "tower" could be depicted from an angle directly above. (UNLESS it is noted by the shadow, ans IF the photo is taken when the Sun is low, to allow the object to cast a shadow...)

I hope we don't have to explain the way that "day" and "night" occur on the Lunar surface, as compared to what we here on Earth are accustumed to...

...but just in case, here goes.

Imagine, for a moment, that due to some incredible technology, you are living on the Moon. Your habitat (with everything you need, food, air, water, air pressure, etc...) is located near the equator of the Moon...got it envisioned now??

OK, good so far....

When you look out your window (from inside this imagined "habitat" on the Moon) you will see the SUN, our familiar Sun, behaving strangely, compared to what you are used to from being on the Earth.

By your clock, the entire lunar "day" will take about 14 Earth days....you will sleep, and wake, and eat and poop and pee, all those things...and the Sun will seem to take WAY too long to travel across your "sky"....and your "night" will be equally long.

This is simply because, WE live on, and evolved on, this planet we call "Earth", and it rotates about its axis in what we call a "day", or in other terms, approximately 24 "hours" (all of these time elements are purely made up, and used for the convenience of we, the residents, of this planet).

The Moon... our only natural satellite, also rotates about its axis, but it does so about ONCE every 29~30 Earth "days"....so each Lunar 'day' is the equivalent of about 14 Earth 'days'.

This is a phenomenon known as "tidal lociking", and is seen in other natural satellites in our Solar System.

Our Earth-Moon system is actually, in some senses, a "Dual planet" system, because of the relative sizes and proximity...in fact, though it is subtle, the two bodies (Earth and Moon) have a center of mass that exists WITHIN and beneath the Earth's crust, by just a few hundred meters.

ANYWAY, this concept of 'tidal locking' accounts for what we see, today, as our species exist. A few million years ago, and a few milion years hence, the dynamics of the Earth/Moon orbiting system were/will be different.

Millions of years ago, WE did not yet exist, obviously. Millions of years in the future, who knows?

BUT right now, we have this natural satellite, we call the Moon, and it is WELL studied (at least the hemisphere that is mostly showing to us, as our planet rotates beneath it, as it rotates, more slowly than the Earth, and orbits around us....)

ALL of these various motions, and the Sun that illuminates it all, combine to provide the sights we see.

Human interpretation of alien images (and the Moon is alien, in this context) provide quite a bit of fodder for these "conspiracy" beliefs.

True knowledge of science helps to mitigate these misunderstangs...I just wish more people would take the time to learn....

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by LunarAnom
Hello, I am new to ATS and this is my first comment, I was looking at the "Natural Color UVVIS Multispectral Imagery" of the moon provided by USGS at www.mapaplanet.org andi believe I found a picture of a tower with a black spherical top, is there a way to post this image?

Just right click on the image > left click on 'properties' > in the window highlight location (Image url) > paste this on your post > add 'ats' in brackets (like this - [ ats ] ) before the url and '[ /ats ]' after it > give due credit to the source below it.

Remember no gaps between the brackets and 'ats'!

That's it! Tally ho!

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   

[edit on 26-1-2010 by LunarAnom]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
Also, what is the Portuguese word for Butter-knife ?
Faca de manteiga.

And I have one just like that.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Oooops!

Wrong forum.

[edit on 26-1-2010 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by LunarAnom

Welcome to ATS, LunarAnom!

Unfortunately, the way that site works does not allow for an image to be directly posted to other sites, that's why nothing appears on your last post.

Was it this area?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/b2bbc6307d488626.jpg[/atsimg]

If you want to look for anomalies (or just for common Lunar features), you should not use the colour versions of the photos, the greyscale versions are the best to show detail.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Yes ArMaP that is what I was talking about, it looks alot like a tower to me but what do I know...there's also another area where there are three structures, they're blurry but you can make out structure along the exact same line of latitude. these coordinates are long 26.63 lat 11.5 / long 28.5 lat 11.5 / long 31.81 lat 11.5........these do not look like anything natural either, they look like towers or buildings to me, what does everyone else think?

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
here is what i was talking about(if it works this time lol)(oh i also put red circles around the "structure")

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
yay it works! this is the middle "building" and the best quality image of the three, and i will take your advice and look at the greyscale images from now on if they're better quality, the color one was what i was looking at because..well it's colorful and pretty...so is that what they're telling us what the natural colors of the moon are?? i'll edit this. The same tower, and i tried to get roughly the same shot in clem greyscale V2 and the quality appears worse

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008
Does that register on the half brain cell.

They will just claim NASA secretly flew there, and using explosives and jackhammers destroyed the face as part of a masonic ritual....

[edit on 27/1/10 by dereks]

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join