It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm am finally a Master Mason... Any Questions?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

what kind of god?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by dashen
Does your initiation require you to be nude before other masters?
Is there any homoerotic anything going on there?
Just rumors I've heard.
I'm considering joining my local lodge, but not if the above stuff is true.

Another MM. been in for 20 yrs.
erm.. no. I would not like to see some of the older petitioners naked.

oooooo. bad mental image.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by technical difficulties
what kind of god?

The kind that is the creator of everything, hence the 'Supreme Being' portion of my explanation.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Four pages down and the little goober STILL hasnt replied.

hmm.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
BTW GWH Bush, the father of GW Bush is a master Mason of the 33rd degree.

Ah, it makes sense now what you're saying.....I should have known that when discussing Masonry the probability of a non-Mason labeling another non-Mason political figure a Mason approaches 1...

I'm sorry to inform you neither Bush is a Freemason. They are however skull & bones members, which is not affiliated with Freemasonry.

Hmm, I really thought you had something going there too....so sad.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
i have a question.......

HOW MUCH DID IT COST? HOW MUCH MONEY HAVE YOU PAID IN DUES,ETC.OVER THE YEARS SINCE YOU FIRST BEGAN... MY 2nd question is ARE YOU GOING TO BE HONEST OR ARE YOU GOING TO SAY THAT IT IS CLASSIFIED./SECRET...?????????????

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
The person I petitoned (Son of the Grandmaster of Montreal) said it's about a hundred bucks here where I am. But it probably varies from region to region.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Also, to any Masons out there, if someone was very well versed in Kabbalistic teaching would that at all expedite his ascent through the rungs of Masonry?

[edit on 27-11-2009 by dashen]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by dashen

There's a fee for each degree where I live and my annual fees for Blue Lodge are about 40 bucks, which also happens to be around the same price as each degree.

Earning each degree mostly requires a lot of memory work, at least here in Texas. I'm not sure that much knowledge of such teachings would prove helpful, although I'll admit I know little of them.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by grail
i have a question.......

HOW MUCH DID IT COST? HOW MUCH MONEY HAVE YOU PAID IN DUES,ETC.OVER THE YEARS SINCE YOU FIRST BEGAN... MY 2nd question is ARE YOU GOING TO BE HONEST OR ARE YOU GOING TO SAY THAT IT IS CLASSIFIED./SECRET...?????????????

I paid $150 for my initial membership. This included books for all three degrees, my apron, my first years dues and lunch. My yearly dues currently stand at $75, which is down $2 from last year.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Have you found it to benefit your job?

Does it take up a lot of your personal time?

Do you find them to be hypocritical?

My father in law was a Mason. When he was adulterous, they were supposed to kick him out. It took several relationships before they did.

I suppose the dues are a lot higher as you go up the chain, right?

I kinda like the fact that they do believe in a Supreme Being but don't identify it. The lodge is probably not the place to post your religious views, as they are trying for an international compatibility.

Based on what Jesus said about those who were using His name to cast out evil spirits, and how casual He was about it, it's probably not a big deal to keep it to yourself. I like organizations that foster moral obedience.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by Jim Scott]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

that's weak man.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by technical difficulties

that's weak man.

I am not quite sure what your definition of God is but you asked for mine and if you do not agree with what I happen to feel is God there is no reason to denigrate my opinion.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashen
Also, to any Masons out there, if someone was very well versed in Kabbalistic teaching would that at all expedite his ascent through the rungs of Masonry?

[edit on 27-11-2009 by dashen]

There are really no limitations to how fast you can obtain degrees. But it is important to really know and understand each degree as you progress to really benefit from their teachings.

The only thing that will really 'accelerate' your ascent so to speak is yourself and your dedication to your lodge. Although it's important to assess to yourself what your intentions are.

If your intentions are business, professional, political gain, I'm going to tell you that you will be sorely disappointed. Because that is not the intended benefit of path of Freemasonry.

I would say yes knowledge and understanding of any and all esoteric matters will assist you in understanding the hidden mysteries which Freemasonry has to offer. But to sit in the chairs of the lodge only time and dedication will determine how quickly you move through them. Typically you would sit in any chair for a year. With the end result being the Past Master of your lodge, giving you the right to determine in what direction the lodge will move.

You must be voted the Master of your lodge. Which means you would have to gain the confidence of every Mason present. Knowledge alone will not provide that confidence.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott

Not sure if you want the Original Poster to answer your questions but if you do not mind I will offer my own.

Have you found it to benefit your job?

Not in the least bit, but I will patronzie local businesses that I know happened to be owned by other Masons. For example, I bought my ring from a member of my lodge as oppsed to a jewelry store where I did not know the proprieter. I prefer, if possible, to know the persons with whom I am conducting business and if they happen to be in my lodge there is a bit of inherent trust that I will place in them due to my frequency of seeing them at lodge functions and knowing them on a personal level.

Does it take up a lot of your personal time?

Our lodge is quite busy and I typically spend fout to six nights a month with Lodge-related activities; whether they are meetings, practice, candidate instruction or degrees. We also have many family oriented events throughout the year, for example our lodge Ladies Night was this past week.

It is up to the individual Mason to decide how much time they wish to invest in attending lodge functions. As an officer I attend most, but I do not look down upon the other Brothers who may, for their own reasons, not attend as frequently.

Do you find them to be hypocritical?

On some occasions I have found certain members to by hypocritical. One was a Brother who was expelled for his poor behavior so we can, and do, police ourselves when it comes to unexceptable actions.

I suppose the dues are a lot higher as you go up the chain, right?

All Master Masons pay the same dues. If you however join the York Rite for example (which is an appendant body) you are expected to pay dues to them as well.

I kinda like the fact that they do believe in a Supreme Being but don't identify it. The lodge is probably not the place to post your religious views, as they are trying for an international compatibility.

I agree and this is what I found to be one of the more attractive features. I am not quite sure I would call it 'international compatibility', to me it is more of a respect for another Brothers beliefs.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Choronzon

There are really no limitations to how fast you can obtain degrees. But it is important to really know and understand each degree as you progress to really benefit from their teachings.

I think the time it can take varies a bit with your region or possibly just your lodge. Some places have waiting periods between degrees, which I like as it gives you time to understand your degree a bit more, however I've heard of some lodges that will confer all three degrees in one night.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
So your A Master Mason and practise free Masonry?
Well thats good news for me since i need a new wall built, can you start next tuesday?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

you gave a pretty vague answer though.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by JayTaylor

I had to wait a month between each level before moving up. There is definitely a lot of memorizing in order to advance.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
My questions are...(3 out of a million)

Where did the OP go? Is this a bait thread to see *who knows what* or was the OP threatened to keep silent? Why start something if can't finish it?

And one comment..(out of 1000s)

BAN ALL SECRET SOCIETIES!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join