It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm am finally a Master Mason... Any Questions?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Whats it cost to get into Masonry anyway? I assume theres dues plus.. ?

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by brilab45

Star for you matey.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
This looks like an attempt to mimic Hidden_Hand. Too bad it's not that simple. Heck, I can tell that you're trying too hard, from your apparent simple writing style.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Bachfin

I have met one guy who was a Master Mason from the Glendale CA lodge that had it on his business cards. It's a group of civic and business types for the most part and they even have a youth group that almost anyone can get involved in. i think the youth group is called demolay.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ourconstitution

Any institution that requires you to be "blindfolded" is screwed up.

Ritualistic behaviour is screwed up.

Belief in a "supreme being"or "creator" is highly debateable - especially considering the poor work done by the creator.

Institutions like the masons with secrets usually have hidden agendas - and most of these "masons" don't know what the hidden agendas are - that's how the real secrets stay secret.

Otherwise you'd have "masons" spreading the "secrets" on Internet forums.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Everyone asks " what are the secrets you've all been hiding?" , or " what are the secrets of the universe?".

How about answering the simplest of questions first

Why become a Mason?

and

What do you hope to gain? ( i.e position, power, wealth, or simply to fit in with a crowd?)

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Choronzon

Originally posted by moocowman
reply to post by PreyBird

Hm, i was lead to believe that joining the masonic order was by invitation only ?

This is untrue. Any man (over 21, 18 in some states) who wishes to become a Mason, simply only needs to petition their local lodge, by requesting an application. After requesting an application some states require that you know a Mason for at least 1 year. Which can be done by going to the local lodge on their publicly posted dinner nights.

Like I said , " I was led to believe --" I'm now informed

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I have one question. Where'd you learn your grammatical skills? "I'm am"

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
From what I understand about Freemasons is that there is nothing to prevent him from talking about it but I'm sure that the higher ups wouldn't be too pleased with him answering questions on ATS. It would kind of be pushing it y'know being a "secret fraternal brotherhood" and all.
In all fairness, I like Masons. Can't stand the Elks but Masons are cool. They've told me some cool stories. But nothing that would get me or themselves in trouble. In fact, just being familiar with them got me an invite. I respectfully declined though.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
where'd TS go? nice starting a thread then leaving. maybe Rockpuck and some of the other REAL freemasons on ATS showed up to silence this guy.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
so what can u tell us about the code "144"?

how about the sun´s symbol above the pyramid?
i mean the number of rays around forming two quadrats.
and the hexagon...
i mean the middle prime quadruplets forming the pyramid shape...

if your a real master mason u would know what i mean...

how is it about the ark of the covenant in connection with the "lost" capstone of the great pyramid of gizeh?

and the US, being the synonym for new babel - fall, to build the
new order?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I think we were all supposed to go "wow" you are a real Master Mason.
I think this guy is total BS.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Choronzon

Originally posted by dashen
reply to post by moocowman

Theres a few ways to become a freemason
1) If your father was a Mason
2) You're invited by a Mason to join
3) You find a Mason and ask him to join
as far as I know...............

I'm sorry this is not true either. In most states and countries Freemasons are not permitted to invite others. The candidate must make the request of their own free will and accord.

I will admit I have heard in some districts where this is not enforced, but it is frowned upon greatly in the Masonic community.

People should start stating where they are when they are spouting all of this invite stuff.
Whilst it might not be allowed to invite people to masonry where you are, it is the main way to get in here in the UK from what I have been told.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by infolurker
Hey, your up to level 3.

But no questions until you hit 32 or (33) in Scottish rite because master mason is just the beginning

Even if someone were to reach the 32nd or 33rd degree and start a thread similar to this people would call him a liar due to his mundane answers.

Master Mason is actually the final degree in Masonry. I've sat in Blue Lodge with Scottish Rite Masons and I myself have obtained all of the York Rite degrees but I can assure you that within the confines of the lodge that there is no degree higher than that of a Master Mason.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by george_gaz

I'm in Texas and invitations are frowned upon. That being said however, I know it's something that still happens but it's generally done quietly so I don't know of anyone that's ever really been 'caught' doing it.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by PreyBird
Now that I am accepted as a Master Mason of the Brotherhood... I really would like to know how many individuals on this forum have considered petitioning for initiation and membership into Freemasonry. Feel free to express your reservations and/or interests and I will certainly share my reasonings for joining.

Take care
C.

As a keeper of the secret, could you explain the concept of Lucifer as God, and secondly the meaning of the 33.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

Now that I am accepted as a Master Mason of the Brotherhood... I really would like to know how many individuals on this forum have considered petitioning for initiation and membership into Freemasonry. Feel free to express your reservations and/or interests and I will certainly share my reasonings for joining.

Take care
C.

As a keeper of the secret, could you explain the concept of Lucifer as God, and secondly the meaning of the 33.

The concept of Lucifer as God is not only an admitted hoax, (Taxils Hoax). But the name lucifer only appears in the king james bible under one location (Isaiah 14:12):

How you are fallen from heaven, O Day Star, son of Dawn! How you are cut down to the ground, you who laid the nations low!

However, any bible scholar will tell you that this does not refer to a fallen angel:

www.bibleed.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

The number 33 is not only the supposed year of Christ's death and ressurection, but it is also a number which represents the amount of Sephira and paths on the Qabbalistic tree of life.

I'm sure you already know this though, so why the negativity surrounding your question?

[edit on 11/27/2009 by Choronzon]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
From the research that I have done in masonry I am to understand that when one reaches the level of 33rd degree, that he is entitled to know the secret, one that is held so close as to be told upon penalty of death. To know if the OP was truly a mason would mean that he would either claim ignorance or say it was a hoax or some other dribble and not disclose the meaning. The secret is not hard to piece together but it takes a lot of work to do so, but in a nut shell, and by the way for you out there, I am not a mason.

The secret is the eventual rise of a world empire through a concept know as "gradualism". Under this sytem, governments are slowly linked economically, socially and religiously. When the proper time comes, a leader will emerge and declare the secret. To this end, civil unrest is formulated and strictly controlled to recombine alliances and dismantle others building larger and more stable economic blocks. Social unrest is carefully mastered to erode age old concepts of truth, morality and religion creating a world religion based on ecology, economy, and relativism.

The plan was laid long ago. Some of it's ideas are expressed in art. In the Denver airport is the script for the final events. War, plague, genocide. The depiction shows a world in harmony. The event will lead to a world population of only 500 million, so says a masonic statue in the south US.

Now, look at today/s world and recent history and you can see all of the above that I mentioned.

Our last President, a mason started what will be know as the great world depression, and Obama is continuing the system with demoralization and social unrest and economic distress. Congress (no matter who is in) simply follows the leader. BTW GWH Bush, the father of GW Bush is a master Mason of the 33rd degree.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join