It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm am finally a Master Mason... Any Questions?

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
A pragmatic Scientist would likely view Freemasonry as a Pseudoscience with no evidence, and a psychological meme that spread like a virus from superstitious and ignorant origin that seperates the gullible or mentally ill from their cash by using ritual voodoos, elitism and all manner of snake oils. What Science would you use to disprove this?Thanks.
edit on 29-5-2013 by mexicocity because: typo

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Many Christians would state that Freemasonry was initiated by Satan and fallen angels via Jew Occultism using curiousity killed the cat and hoodwinking techniques to annihilate your soul. They would quote from the Bible to support this. How would you disprove them? Thanks.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by PreyBird

Wow...Finally a master mason willing to take
questions....I have one about the density of the concrete I am using to make the base for my new house.I was wondering if 350 kg of cement is enough for one cubic meter of concrete,considering the soil is A2 type with medium resistance of humidity,and the house is over a 124 degree down hill....I will appreciate your answer in advance. .

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mexicocity

Most freemasons would laugh at a person who has no earthly idea what freemasonry is yet they spew hate as if they did know. It's like telling a rocket scientist he is doing his job wrong when you are a garbage man. You don't know. Best to learn first, rather than let everyone know how dumb you are.
IMHO.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by shapur

Best to use 351KG.
Humidity is a factor.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

I knew that extra 1 kg would do the trick...thanks bud,,but i really liked to hear a master masons opinion on this.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

Most freemasons would laugh at a person who has no earthly idea what freemasonry is yet they spew hate as if they did know. It's like telling a rocket scientist he is doing his job wrong when you are a garbage man. You don't know. Best to learn first, rather than let everyone know how dumb you are.
IMHO.
So you're a NASA Scientist and 33rd Degree Scottish rite. Cool story bro.
edit on 29-5-2013 by mexicocity because: typo

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

IMHO.
PhD University Lecturers have taken jobs as garbage men due to getting higher pay, made unemployed etc. That would negate your theory.
edit on 29-5-2013 by mexicocity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

IMHO.
I dont see anybody 'spewing hate'.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

IMHO.
How would you know what I 'dont know'? Telepathic are you? Looks like you should take your own advise and 'learn first'.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mexicocity
What specific genetic ethnicity are the Jews that created freemasonry from?

Freemasonry is at most traced to 11th century England, a land of negligible Jewish population at the time.

What does the planet venus represent in the Master mason ritual?

Nothing, as Venus does not play any role in the 3rd or any other blue lodge degree.

Why do few masons advance to complete the Scottish Rite degrees

False premise. Almost half of all Masons in the AASR Southern Jurisdiction eventually join the Scottish Rite.

why bother having them if 3rd degree York rite is allegedly the pinnacle of Freemasonry?

A) The York Rite is an appendant body like the Scottish Rite and does not confer the 3rd or any other numbered degree.

B) The Scottish Rite confers additional Masonic experience but not additional authority. It's like asking why a person would both read a book and watch a documentary.

A pragmatic Scientist would likely view Freemasonry as a Pseudoscience with no evidence, and a psychological meme that spread like a virus from superstitious and ignorant origin that seperates the gullible or mentally ill from their cash by using ritual voodoos, elitism and all manner of snake oils. What Science would you use to disprove this?

I would ask how they came to this conclusion and see if I could address any misconceptions. (I see one already: lodge membership typically costs a person around $150 per year with most lodges running very slim surpluses or deficits, not the typical M.O. of a scam.)

Many Christians would state that Freemasonry was initiated by Satan and fallen angels via Jew Occultism using curiousity killed the cat and hoodwinking techniques to annihilate your soul. They would quote from the Bible to support this. How would you disprove them?

Same as above: I would ask how they came to this conclusion and see if I could address any misconceptions.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

The Jews didn't create Freemasonry.

Astronomy isn't a part of the 3rd degree.

People join the appendant bodies for a variety of reasons. They impart lessons that extend from the 3rd degree, and some of them have legends that depart from the traditional legends of Freemasonry like the Commandery Orders or Red Cross of Constantine and so on.

There is also the charitable aspect; specifically each of the 3-bodies in the York Rite has a charity that does a lot of good work. A lot of the appendant bodies have some kind of charitable aspect to it.

Common sense and experience proves your ignorant and rude post wrong.

Well those "christians" can say that all day long, but it doesn't make it true. They are just men and as such have no authority to know what the status of my soul. Plus, most of those I would label zealots and fanatics who wouldn't know fact if I hit them in the face with it. Freemasonry has nothing to do with Satanism or Jewish Occultism. They can quote the Bible, but there's nothing in the Bible that criticizes or warns against Freemasonry.

People who say Christianity and Freemasonry are incompatible are just projecting their opinion. What they should say is their version of "christianity" is incompatible. Far too many "christians" have thrown out most of the compassion and love and rather embraced superstition, fear-mongering, and militancy instead.

What does NASA have to do with Freemasonry?

Plus, the Scottish Rite is not the authority over all of Freemasonry. It is one body, one branch, in Freemasonry. I'm in both, but I'm far more partial to the York Rite and all of its degrees, orders, and invitational/honorary bodies.

I refer you to this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by PreyBird

I have a question. Do most Mason lodges have a liquor bar in them like the one here? Because my grandpops comes home loaded after every meeting.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Hollie

That's a country/state-by-country/state thing. In the southern US, most if not all Grand Lodges have determined that no alcohol can be had on lodge property at any time.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by OnTheLevel213
In the southern US, most if not all Grand Lodges have determined that no alcohol can be had on lodge property at any time.

Losers.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Relax bro. Since you made a general "most Christians" statement, I decided to make a general "most idiots" statement. Don't take offence unless you are "that guy".

I am Joe Nobody. A veritable ghost as far as you are concerned. I just don't have time for joo hating. To busy taking over the world and such.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by OnTheLevel213

Idaho Lodges don't have bars in them, but my Lodge is a block away from Shrine building which does have a bar and we usually go there after Lodge.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

My bad, pops is a Shriner, not a Mason. I got them confused. He is also a regular at another animal club. Moose, elk or something like that. So, why do they have bars in these lodges? Do they make money from their bars? Or dues?

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Hollie

He is also a Mason as you must be a Mason to be a Shriner.

Money is raised usually for charitable purposes.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by OnTheLevel213

My mistake. York and Scottish rites are appendages. I was meaning Blue degree Fellowcraft.

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29 >>

join