It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm am finally a Master Mason... Any Questions?

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Hi I have a question my dad and a few family members are Masons so s you would expect I have thought of joining a lodge myself. I'm sure this has been discussed numerous times but how do you handle the ignorance of people, that have no reasoning to back up their suspicions, but assume you a are a "devil worshiper".

Also I live in rural town in Alabama where I'm sure that their lodge is made up of the type of people with knowledge you would expect...I'm not being men by any means I'm just saying that I want to join to be a mason and to the fullest extent but I'm afraid at small rural lodge they my not be up to speed on everything or even the real meaning of being a mason and I may miss out on the true experience. Thank you for any help with these questions.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by CodyBlevins88
I'm sure this has been discussed numerous times but how do you handle the ignorance of people, that have no reasoning to back up their suspicions, but assume you a are a "devil worshiper".

Stand by the truth, and I often realize that me trying to sway a fanatic is like teaching a rock to walk.

Also I live in rural town in Alabama where I'm sure that their lodge is made up of the type of people with knowledge you would expect...I'm not being men by any means I'm just saying that I want to join to be a mason and to the fullest extent but I'm afraid at small rural lodge they my not be up to speed on everything or even the real meaning of being a mason and I may miss out on the true experience. Thank you for any help with these questions.

You don't always have to join the Lodge of your town. I know some travel a ways to Lodge, but I don't know your particular

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by CodyBlevins88

Hello Cody,
Just remember haters gotta hate, and stupid people are that way for a reason.

Now, about your lodge. I too am in a very rural environment. The quality of the work that goes on in a lodge has nothing at all to do with where it's located. Masonry is very much the same all over the US, with some slight differences in ritual. You should learn the exact same things the exact same way other masons did. More than just the learning, is the fellowship and brotherhood. You will meet people from all different aspects of life and the cool thing, is you meet them on the same level. So you could sit next to the mayor and have a normal conversation with him just as you would a friend from school. Good luck, and wear clean socks and underware.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Thank you for the responses. I am glad that you understood what I meat ad that I in no way meat to say anything harmful of the people I live around but I knew no other way to word it. I love the crowd on these message boards, there is so much more class found here than any other place on the internet.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

Thank you for clearing up my questions.

I defiantly learned a thing or two.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Pigraphia

No problem at all.

I research this stuff and love to share what I've found.

There are many knowledgeable Masons on this forum and we all seem to have an area of expertise, some like Masonic Light the area is larger than others, and others like Network Dude seem to be surround the subject of sweet tea

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
With respect - I have heard the term of a Lodge "Going Dark" on another thread but am not sure what it means.
I am simply assuming it is a Lodge that has broken away from the other group of Lodges
Is this correct - If so, why would a Lodge "Go Dark" and are there any examples of this?

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

No, a Lodge is said to go dark during the summer break. The only terms I have heard for Lodges that break away are "clandestine or "irregular".
edit on 30-8-2012 by no1smootha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet
With respect - I have heard the term of a Lodge "Going Dark" on another thread but am not sure what it means.
I am simply assuming it is a Lodge that has broken away from the other group of Lodges
Is this correct - If so, why would a Lodge "Go Dark" and are there any examples of this?
Nope. It just means they don't want to have to pay to keep the air conditioner going over the summer, so they don't meet for a month or two and resume in the fall.

(it actually works both metaphorically, and literally. I'm sure originally it was called "dark" because of an allegory, but in real-world terms, it's dark because nobody's there to turn on the lights…)
edit on 2012.8.30 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by no1smootha
reply to post by artistpoet

No, a Lodge is said to go dark during the summer break (usually July-Sept)

Thank you for your info - Much appreciated
The term "Going Dark" - had my imagination working overtime.
Perhaps now my imagination shall go dark also.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Makes perfect sense - Also I guess it is a time when many take vacations also.
Thank You

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

Thanks for the reply.
I have a lot of questions but Ill keep it short again for now. The Bohemian Grove should be a seperate topic as Idk if it is related to Freemasonry. With regards Astrology, the studies of Maurice Cotterell MD and Dr Percy Seymour Phd are worth a look.
I dont see how acting in or watching Plays and remembering word of mouth phrases by heart can effect a person in ethical or spiritual evolution terms. Is there a Paranormal Science in it that is not understood by Universities etc? Have you ever heard or seen words such as 'Astral Projection', 'Mediumship','UFOs','Telepathy', 'Military Intelligence' or 'Spirit or Extraterrestrial Beings' used in a Lodge or its material?
What is the significance of the Bee and Hive symbology? Why do you pull up a trouser leg at ritual? What Masonic Authors do you recommend? Ive read T Lomas and Chris Knight books, such as 'The Hiram Key', 'Turning the Hiram Key', 'Solomons Power Brokers', 'Second Messiah', 'Invisible College' and some others, although the Masons here give them bad press from what I can see.
Appreciate it.
Thanks Again.
edit on 30-8-2012 by mexicocity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mexicocity

No problem.

It's not so much the signs, words, and ceremonies change the man, but the lessons taught in the ritual that are to better the individual member.

Have you ever heard or seen words such as 'Astral Projection', 'Mediumship','UFOs','Telepathy', 'Military Intelligence' or 'Spirit or Extraterrestrial Beings' used in a Lodge or its material?

I've heard of these words, but not in Lodge. FYI, I used to work Military Intelligence...

What is the significance of the Bee and Hive symbology?

Simply put, the Bee-hive is an emblem of industry (numbers not machination).

Here is a lengthy explanation of the bee-hive:

The Bee Hive is an emblem of industry, and recommends the practice of that virtue to all created beings, from the highest seraph in the heavens to the lowest reptile of the dust. It teaches us that, as we come into the world endowed as rational and intelligent beings, so we should ever be industrious ones; never sitting down contented while our fellow creatures around us are in want, when it is in our power to relieve them, without inconvenience to ourselves.

When we take a survey of nature, we view man in his infancy more helpless and indigent than the brute creation; he lies languishing for days, months and years, totally incapable of providing sustenance for himself, or guarding against the attack of wild beasts of the field, or sheltering himself from the inclemencies of the weather.

It might have pleased the great Creator of heaven and earth to have made man independent of all other beings; but, as dependence is one of the strongest bonds of society, mankind were made dependent upon each other for protection and security, as they thereby enjoy better opportunities of fulfilling the duties of reciprocal love and friendship. Thus was man formed for social and active life; the noblest part of the work of God; and he that will so demean himself as not to be endeavoring to add to the common stock of knowledge and understanding, may be deemed a drone in the hive of nature, a useless member of society, and unworthy of our protection as Masons.

As Masons, we must imitate the bee, be industrious, work with others and for others, take pride in our vocations, obey the rules of our society, and strive to add to our body of knowledge and understanding. Otherwise we are useless members of society.

Why do you pull up a trouser leg at ritual?

It's symbolical. Some say it is to teach the candidate a lesson of being in destitution. Some say it's astrological.

What Masonic Authors do you recommend? Ive read T Lomas and Chris Knight books, such as 'The Hiram Key', 'Turning the Hiram Key', 'Solomons Power Brokers', 'Second Messiah', 'Invisible College' and some others, although the Masons here give them bad press from what I can see.

My favorite authors are Christopher Hodapp, Stephen Dafoe, Cliff Porter, John Nagy, Tim Hogan, Brent Morris, and Art de Hoyos. Knight and Lomas take some liberties in their interpretations, but the books are interesting nonetheless.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
one question: how come the lodges always look so tacky? I mean, c'mon!

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Wow, so much knowledge and wisdom on this subject, may I pose the following questions...

I may sound insane, but I believe I am a wolf...
13 years ago I ate the body of jesus and the day after drank from the eternal fountain of life/light but only found darkness...
Recently in my search for enlightenment and escape from the sad state of humanity I ran to the world of hyperspace via dmt, but came back from it with a whole new outlook.

The boundries of what I thaught reality was and is have been bent into a new shape!
Also my dreams have been at moments more real than reality...

Dunno what I want to ask really, how about, is freemasonry related in any way shape of form to shamanisn??

Many thanks

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Yes, tell me what is the difference between the Freemasons and Illuminati. I've heard the Illuminati did infiltrate the Masons long ago.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Surtur

in the late 1700's when the Illuminati formed, the founder thought getting members from freemasonry would be a good idea. He became a mason and recruited some members that way. Soon after that, the Illuminati was disbanded and has not existed since. Conspiracy Theorists often like to use the term "Illuminati" to describe"them" or any group they think has control.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Hi I have a question my dad and a few family members are Masons so s you would expect I have thought of joining a lodge myself. I'm sure this has been discussed numerous times but how do you handle the ignorance of people, that have no reasoning to back up their suspicions, but assume you a are a "devil worshiper".

The best I can offer is, to speak to your dad and others in the Lodge and tell them what concerns you have, for if you don't ask/enquire, these doubts will always be with you.
As for the small town..there's nothing to be frightened of, especially the "speed of things"(which you fail to mention). All Lodges(legitimate) come under the Constitution of the Grand Lodge of that State and no matter how small, are just as proficient as a huge Lodge in a big city.
The true experience of Freemasonry is not taught, but learned and I'd put away that notion that they may not be up to speed. If anything, they NEED you as new members help make the Lodge stronger.

ONe other thing, I find....a country Lodge is so much friendlier than a big city Lodge, because in the country, everyone knows everyone. I can say this happens in a big city.
Put away your negative ideas and approach the Lodge......I'm sure, you'll change your tune.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Experienced any sleep paralysis or anything like thatsince becomeing a MM?

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Premier2012

Also I'm interested in any sorts of paranormal activity that has increased since your participation in Masonry.

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join