It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm am finally a Master Mason... Any Questions?

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
Just one question really, who the hell cares, and when is ATS going to start cracking down on these back patting "Look everybody I'm a Mason" threads like they were going to do several years ago. I'm a glass artist, think I'm going to start me a thread about it, this is a conspiracy site after all...

So your a glass artist - I call fake
- you are flesh and blood ................
........... No wait you mean you work with glass

Masons speaking about their craft is interesting to some who are outside their circle.
Some come with pre-set ideas and learn

Some are scholars and philosophers - others from all walks of life
I see no problem here that can not be applied to any forum

But yes Glass Art - do post a thread -

edit on 20-8-2012 by artistpoet because: typo

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

So only non-Masons are allowed to start threads on Masons?

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Just one question really, who the hell cares, and when is ATS going to start cracking down on these back patting "Look everybody I'm a Mason" threads like they were going to do several years ago. I'm a glass artist, think I'm going to start me a thread about it, this is a conspiracy site after all...

You should. I'm interested in glass art. We have threads about soap making, fire-starting, raising chickens, and how to summon an angel/demon, I'd LOVE to see a thread about glass art. Do you do stained glass, or glass-blowing, or something else entirely?

By the way, I'm a Mason, but I still enjoy a bit of glass art. Used to make the little stained glass melt thingys with my Mom when I was a kid. I wonder......... how is it that I can be interested in both Masonry and glass art, yet you think Masons should not talk about their craft, and you don't think your own craft is worthy of a thread either? Interesting. Is it just overall grumpiness? Do you often go into threads of things that don't interest you with the specific agenda of criticizing them, or is it a special disdain for Masons? I have a hard time believing it is a special disdain, seeing as how you trivialize your very own interests, I'm leaning toward just overall grumpiness as your deal.

ETA:
By the way, this thread is on page 24, so apparently someone does care, and someone is interested.
edit on 20-8-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

He's just cranky. He did a thread a few years ago about Obelisks and since he wasn't winning the argument, he took his toys and went home. It's a shame. He hated with enthusiasm and without the Biblical BS.

I'd take 10 Twitchys to 1 of these thumpers.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Just one question really, who the hell cares, and when is ATS going to start cracking down on these back patting "Look everybody I'm a Mason" threads like they were going to do several years ago.

Considering this was posted several years ago it would appear it was not an issue.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Funny you mention that... both of you...

I was just thinking that my "Thank You For Being A Freemason" was a bit overdue...

TYFBF

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I am just on another thread where Masons are being discussed and would like some information
Is it required that a judge be a mason in the USA -
Is it a sign Masons use IE the Bull sign
I will not offend you by asking if Masons worship the devil as I know the answer to that is NO

The thread is -
Disturbing satan painting in courthouse

If you are interested or can be bothered to post on it

Regards artistpoet

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Blood is involved; dark energy. You will know the Price in time.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ekernel

yeah sure

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet

No to both.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by artistpoet

No to both.

Thank you

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Can any Mason state something cool about reality us profane may not be aware of?

I realize the OP of the thread may not be answering questions anymore,.,.,. but that would be my question to any mason,.,.,. tell me something shocking I dont know,,.,.,. ( and not just a B.C. date of a historical event,,,,or the names of wealthy well dressed men from hundreds of years ago,,,,)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi
Can any Mason state something cool about reality us profane may not be aware of?

,.,.,. tell me something shocking I dont know,,.,.,.

Professional wrestling is real.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I realize the OP of the thread may not be answering questions anymore,.,.,. but that would be my question to any mason,.,.,. tell me something shocking I dont know,,.,.,. ( and not just a B.C. date of a historical event,,,,or the names of wealthy well dressed men from hundreds of years ago,,,,)

Ahem... Ready?!?

K... Here goes...

"Freemason is waiting for you!"

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

,.,.,. tell me something shocking I dont know,,.,.,.

Professional wrestling is real.

real fake?

or real, as in there is such thing as professional wrestling?

professional wrestling as in olympic style wrestling? or wwe?

thank you,, this is all news to me...

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pinocchio

Ahem... Ready?!?

K... Here goes...

"Freemason is waiting for you!"

If you cannot prove with a simple sentence,, some realization or fact about being human in reality, which you discovered after entering freemasonry,, if you cannot tell me one thing I do not know,, what is the difference in value, of your experience in freemasonry and mine as an uninitiated civilian? ( besides brotherly love and good beer)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

My lodge doesn't have beer, but other than that, you're exactly right. There is no difference except for brotherly love and camaraderie. You can get it wherever you choose.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Do I get extra if I bring the beers... ???

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pinocchio

Do I get extra if I bring the beers... ???

Do you get extra love if you bring the beers? Hell yeah!! But, you can't bring them on Lodge property, so you'll just have to keep them in a cooler in the truck, and we'll drink them on the tailgate after the meeting. Much LOVE!

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason
reply to post by mexicocity

The fees are fairly low, but many bodies are starting to raise them to stay up with inflation as for many they had not changed their dues for decades...some closing on a century.

When I was raised as a Master Mason I received the ritual monitor, a Bible, and an engraved trowel. In the Royal Arch I received a coin with my Mark on it. In the Templars I received a patent/certificate of knighthood. In the Scottish Rite, I received a patent and a cap. In the Eastern Star I received a ritual monitor, the by-laws, and Chapter directory. In the York Rite College I received a lapel pin. In the Red Cross of Constantine I received a sash and membership jewel. Then in all of them I also received the obvious dues card.

In the Blue Lodge there is no additional costs for regalia, but the dinners vary from $5-$10 for Lodge, but Grand Lodge the banquets can go up to around $35-$50 depending on the year and venue. In the Royal Arch and Cryptic Masons I had to buy jackets for each one (red for RA and purple for Cryptic), costing $90 each. In the Templars I bought a brand new chapeau and jacket which pushed me around $450 and the Commandery supplied me with a sword. In the York Rite College I had to buy a tuxedo as they require that for attire. In the York Rite, I bought all the ritual monitors and they cost about $10 a piece.

Can I ask why you joined Freemasonry in the first place?

Short Answer: I joined because of curiosity and an enjoyment of philanthropy (having been a member of a few other charitable groups growing up).

I have always been a huge fan of history and I felt drawn to the Masons once I started studying them.

And also is Prince Hall only for non whites and is a criminal record check advised before being allowed to join a lodge?

Originally Prince Hall Lodges were for African Americans, but I know many white men who are members of their persuasion. Today, most Grand Lodges (only a few in the South are still stuck in the past) allow men of all races to join. There are a few black men in my Lodge, but Idaho doesn't have a large black population. Idaho has one Prince Hall Lodge in it (as a part of the Grand Lodge of Oregon, Idaho, and Montana Incorporated), and many of the Lodges (and even our Grand Lodge) hold joint events and banquets.

The Violet Lodge phrase Ive seen on gravestones I cant find on search.

I have never heard of this phrase, but I learn something new every day.

Thankyou again for the reply. You have membership in alot of organisations. I dont know where people find the time or incentive for that. Im tired right now so will keep it short. Just a few random questions for now. At high school we had a 'Thule' Society, do you have any knowledge of it? Why is Freemasonry banned in all but 2 Islamist countries? What is the significance of the Triangle? Does Freemasonry use Astrology? What is the deal with Bohemian Grove? Do female Freemasons have to dress up in male stone masons clothes too? If Freemasonry could be modernised overnight, what would you change about it?

Thanks again
edit on 21-8-2012 by mexicocity because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-8-2012 by mexicocity because: (no reason given)

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join