It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm am finally a Master Mason... Any Questions?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

The ancient Greek aphorism, γνῶθι σαυτόν (know thyself), is said to have been inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi.

I can think of one story of the Oracle at Delphi that is relevant to the discussion. It concerns Socrates' friend Chaerephon, who asked a question of the Pythia.

"Everyone here, I think, knows Chaerephon," he said, "he has been a friend of mine since we were boys together; and he is a friend of many of you too. So you know the eager impetuous fellow he is. Well, one day he went to Delphi, and there he had the impudence to put this question -- do not jeer, gentlemen, at what I am going to say -- he asked, 'Is anyone wiser than Socrates?' And the Pythian priestess answered, 'No one.' Well, I was fully aware that I knew absolutely nothing. So what could the god mean? for gods cannot tell lies. For some time I was frankly puzzled to get at his meaning; but at last I embarked on my quest. I went to a man with a high reputation for wisdom -- I would rather not mention his name; he was one of the politicians -- and after some talk together it began to dawn on me that, wise as everyone thought him and wise as he thought himself, he was not really wise at all. I tried to point this out to him, but then he turned nasty, and so did others who were listening; so I went away, but with this reflection that anyhow I was wiser than this man; for, though in all probability neither of us knows anything, he thought he did when he did not, whereas I neither knew anything nor imagined I did."

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
The Oracle at Delphi was the Tetractys.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by angrysniper
The Oracle at Delphi was the Tetractys.

The Delphic Oracle was a person, the tetractys is a thing.

Where are you going with this?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

That you were taught one thing, and I was taught another.

And that there are two different things going on here.

Simultaneously.

edit on 17-1-2012 by angrysniper because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-1-2012 by angrysniper because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by PreyBird
Now that I am accepted as a Master Mason of the Brotherhood... I really would like to know how many individuals on this forum have considered petitioning for initiation and membership into Freemasonry. Feel free to express your reservations and/or interests and I will certainly share my reasonings for joining.

Take care
C.
Free Mason
Free Builder
Aditi Metre

अदिति aditi adj. free
मेतृ metR m. builder

मेतृ metR m. master builder Edit
मेतृ metR m. architect Edit
मेतृ metR m. builder

spokensanskrit.de...

now.. when all is made into streams of hol(L)ogrApHic currents h-through the mobius projector(s) what is the message of senses you got programmed into a plan for the life of humans to be re-established if at all?

dear metre of
..../aditi
edit on 17-1-2012 by nii900 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by angrysniper

Care to explain then? Or continue to make vague statements that don't seem relevant to the op.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by nii900

Good question ! I will need my Earth-to-Crazy Person Decoder Ring to answer this. Lemme find it....

edit on 1/17/12 by scooterstrats because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

If you think being cryptic and mysterious makes you look cool or somehow "special"
It doesn't.

Well, it does make you look "Special" in the Olympic sense...

This is a discussion board, offer something to discuss, or please move along.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
im curious. what would i, as a new member for discussions sake, be able to offer the group, and them to me? Are we talking just about companionship, etc or is there something more implicated. Im 25 fyi, so its not like id be in a great position of power, money, or anything else...so then...whats it all about.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by buggy166
im curious. what would i, as a new member for discussions sake, be able to offer the group, and them to me? Are we talking just about companionship, etc or is there something more implicated. Im 25 fyi, so its not like id be in a great position of power, money, or anything else...so then...whats it all about.
Well, you'd be able to offer the group what you'd offer the group. I know that sounds vague, but it's kinda true. If you like to cook, you can help in the kitchen. If you're good at memorization, you can help teach others who don't learn as well. If you've got a specific skillset that could be useful to the lodge, it would probably be welcomed.

As far as what Masonry could offer you, some philosophy, a system of morality, and good camaraderie.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

What if I can't think of anything to offer, would I be helped in finding something that I'm good at?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by scooterstrats

maybe this caan help ' in the design of ' www.technologytell.com...

DELTA: (1) An ALLUVIAL DEPOSIT, usually triangular, at the mouth of a RIVER of other STREAM. It is normally built up only where there is no tidal or CURRENT action capable of removing the SEDIMENT as fast as it is deposited, and hence the DELTA builds forward from the COASTLINE. (2) A TIDAL DELTA is a similar deposit at the mouth of a tidal INLET, put there by TIDAL CURRENTS. (3) A WAVE DELTA is a deposit made by large WAVES which run over the top of a SPIT or BARRIER BEACH and down the landward side.
www.ecy.wa.gov...

edit on 18-1-2012 by nii900 because: (no reason given)

free -ing www.thefreedictionary.com...
edit on 18-1-2012 by nii900 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by lapzod
reply to post by JoshNorton

What if I can't think of anything to offer, would I be helped in finding something that I'm good at?
Perhaps. I mean, its not as explicit as all that, but considering most of the members of Freemasonry are older (even though there is a new influx of young members), it's possible you'd meet someone who might mentor you in some way. But that's just speculation. Again, its not like there's a regiment for grooming people to fill specific roles or anything. It's a volunteer organization, so you can put in as much time and effort as you're willing, and nobody will hold it against you if it's not that much. One of the first lessons is that Masonry should never come before your duty to yourself, your family, your neighbor, or your government.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton
Perhaps. I mean, its not as explicit as all that, but considering most of the members of Freemasonry are older (even though there is a new influx of young members), it's possible you'd meet someone who might mentor you in some way. But that's just speculation. Again, its not like there's a regiment for grooming people to fill specific roles or anything. It's a volunteer organization, so you can put in as much time and effort as you're willing, and nobody will hold it against you if it's not that much. One of the first lessons is that Masonry should never come before your duty to yourself, your family, your neighbor, or your government.

Ahh, that makes sense. I think I may have misread the post first time around.
Whoops.

I've been interested in joining for a while, but won't be able to for a few years. (I live in Indonesia, though I'm from Australia originally) so I've spent my time reading up, thinking, asking stupid questions etc.
edit on 18/1/12 by lapzod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Exeteri

Unfortunately being more explicit is not a luxury that we can afford ourselves in this time. All will become clearer in the coming months and 21 days.
edit on 18-1-2012 by angrysniper because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   

reply to post by Exeteri

Unfortunately being more explicit is not a luxury that we can afford ourselves in this time. All will become clearer in the coming months and 21 days.
edit on 18-1-2012 by angrysniper because: (no reason given)

I know you think you know something sooper kewl and all. But the problem is, that only you know this magical secret and when you prance around using cryptic posts, it kind of makes you look like a tool. Please either keep it to yourself, or share with the rest of the class. But as of right now, I am afraid you will have to spit out your gum.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

That you were taught one thing, and I was taught another.

And that there are two different things going on here.

Being that you have opted not to go into detail no one knows what the hell you are going on about. It is all well and good for you that you learned some sort of psuedo-revisionist history but we are trying to discuss facts here, not your cryptic interpretation of selected historical points.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Listen Mr. Cryptography, speak plain.

Then set your definition for both the tetractys and the Oracle. Plus, what you are taught and what reality is, is two different things.

reply to post by nii900

What does a Hindu goddess have to do with anything?

Can you ever make a clear and coherent statement?

So you think (I presume from your earlier post) that religion will die out this year?! And I again presume from your "months and 21 days" comment that you think come 12-21-12 that religion will somehow be exterminated?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

No.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I respect everyone's decisions it's your life. I just wanted to ask is free masonry mean you worship the Devil over God? thanks
edit on 25-1-2012 by IAMGabriel because: typo

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join