It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm am finally a Master Mason... Any Questions?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Now that I am accepted as a Master Mason of the Brotherhood... I really would like to know how many individuals on this forum have considered petitioning for initiation and membership into Freemasonry. Feel free to express your reservations and/or interests and I will certainly share my reasonings for joining.

Take care
C.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Does your initiation require you to be nude before other masters?
Is there any homoerotic anything going on there?
Just rumors I've heard.
I'm considering joining my local lodge, but not if the above stuff is true.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by PreyBird

Are you sure you've been promoted to Master Mason? I thought you are not allowed to brag about things of that nature?

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I'd be curious to know if being a mason has been advantageous to your working/business life at all. Your hear things about masons going out of their way to advance one another when possible, have you experienced things like this, or witnessed it?

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Hey, your up to level 3.

But no questions until you hit 32 or (33) in Scottish rite because master mason is just the beginning

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashen
Does your initiation require you to be nude before other masters?
Is there any homoerotic anything going on there?
Just rumors I've heard.
I'm considering joining my local lodge, but not if the above stuff is true.

I think you're thinking of 'skull and bones'.. I'm pretty sure that sort of thing doesn't happen among masons.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by angrysniper

That's what I told the guy who told me. But he really insisted, as he claimed he heard it from a freemason. But I know another friend whos father was the Grandmaster of the Montreal Lodge (St. Something Lodge) and he said if that was going on his whole family wouldnt have participated in freemasonry. I just want to see if this new "Master Mason" will ever get back and answer his own thread.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
How does it feel to rule the world?

(sarcasm, btw)

[edit on 11/26/2009 by Phage]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Couldn't you get in trouble for doing this?

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by PreyBird
Now that I am accepted as a Master Mason of the Brotherhood... I really would like to know how many individuals on this forum have considered petitioning for initiation and membership into Freemasonry. Feel free to express your reservations and/or interests and I will certainly share my reasonings for joining.

Take care
C.

I call BS on this, a master mason would be sworn to secrecy under a blood oath.. go troll elsewhere k thx bai

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Hm, i was lead to believe that joining the masonic order was by invitation only ?

You sure you know what you joined ? Did a very happyclappy type guy in a suit come to your home, and draw circles on a white board and tell you that you're going to make millions ?

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Theres a few ways to become a freemason
1) If your father was a Mason
2) You're invited by a Mason to join
3) You find a Mason and ask him to join
as far as I know...............

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman

Hm, i was lead to believe that joining the masonic order was by invitation only ?

This is untrue. Any man (over 21, 18 in some states) who wishes to become a Mason, simply only needs to petition their local lodge, by requesting an application. After requesting an application some states require that you know a Mason for at least 1 year. Which can be done by going to the local lodge on their publicly posted dinner nights.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bachfin

Originally posted by PreyBird

Take care
C.

I call BS on this, a master mason would be sworn to secrecy under a blood oath.. go troll elsewhere k thx bai

I'm sorry, being a Master Mason, York Rite Mason, and Scottish Rite Mason, I have to disagree....

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieOctopus
I'd be curious to know if being a mason has been advantageous to your working/business life at all. Your hear things about masons going out of their way to advance one another when possible, have you experienced things like this, or witnessed it?

There are times when being in a social network has its advantages for business or contractors and services, however, this is not the point of Freemasonry or is it condoned. All fraternal organizations provide the same benefits.

A better fraternal organization would be for example The Rotary Club.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by technical difficulties
Couldn't you get in trouble for doing this?

No, only our modes of recognition, passwords and degree work are secret. (Even some of those are available online). Everything else is permitted.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Choronzon

Why is being a Rotarian better than being a freemason?
Do they have even sillier outfits?

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReAlIzAtIoN

Are you sure you've been promoted to Master Mason? I thought you are not allowed to brag about things of that nature?

Why would that be?

I'm sorry this is not factual information. Any Master Mason or any other degree of Mason is freely allowed to communicate his membership if he so desires.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

reply to post by Choronzon

Why is being a Rotarian better than being a freemason?
Do they have even sillier outfits?

If a persons reason for joining Freemasonry were for business or professional gain, The Rotary Club would be better suited, that is their mission statement. Where as Freemasonry is not centered around business and professional gain.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

reply to post by moocowman

Theres a few ways to become a freemason
1) If your father was a Mason
2) You're invited by a Mason to join
3) You find a Mason and ask him to join
as far as I know...............

I'm sorry this is not true either. In most states and countries Freemasons are not permitted to invite others. The candidate must make the request of their own free will and accord.

I will admit I have heard in some districts where this is not enforced, but it is frowned upon greatly in the Masonic community.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join