It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO-obsessed man 'hacked into NASA'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I wouldn't worry about this guy they will probably put skills to use in some intelligence departement.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by menguard

He has no great "skills" that an intelligence departement could use. He merely accessed computers, on an open network, that weren't even password protected.

To equate McKinnon as being some highly skilled "hacker", threatening national security, is like claiming a that a Chevy Metro is a high performance "supercar" ready to challenge Lamborghini's legacy.

[edit on 11/27/09 by redmage]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
My opinion it is a crime but the agency wants to really know what he knows

from breaking into the computer networks. Evidently he got into some very

sensitive topsecret information and lets see if he plea bargains. What type of

interrogation techniques will the agency use to break him? ^Y^

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by redmage

Yep - I bet a penny to a pound that any number of skilled or less than skilled 'hackers' have been in and out of those revolving doors for whatever purpose...

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
i think that those dumb yanks that did the programing of those computors in the first place should be the ones on trial not our boy.

did anyone really think that our gutless government would have protected him . they never stood up for us before so why change now.

but a word of warning to any americans thats thinking of comming to the uk for their hollidays . there is a lot of bad feeling over this and you may not be very safe .

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by tom.farnhill

In the real world, government do each favours, thats how it works. So if you mean nothing to one side, they will do nothing to save you, sad but true.

Has always been this way.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
IF is an hacker that you want become, then the first step is to learn how save your ass BEFORE doing stunts: then, learn how to hack. He seemingly jumped straight to step # 2. BAd thing, as you can see.
Another point is WHAT did we get from his attacK? One cracks NASA's security because some idiots left their passwords field empty, but all in all WHAT did we get? Nothing. Not a screenshot, a nothing of a heck of a nothing. He would deserve six months for being that stupid, six years for getting caught, and sixty years for NOT providing us with any heck of evidence. But honestly 60 years are an offense to our intelligences, come on. I sympatize to him, and hope he wont get that unhappy end.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join