It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Australian MPs Resign Over Carbon Tax Vote

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Very interesting! Glad Abbott is now leading the opposition, looks like this ETS will go down the drain

New Liberal leader Tony Abbott has promised to take the fight to the Government over emissions trading after wresting the leadership from Malcolm Turnbull by just one vote today.

Mr Abbott confirmed that the Liberals would seek to send the emissions trading legislation to a Senate committee for more scrutiny but would try to block it in the Senate if the committee proposal was voted down.

And he warned Prime Minister Kevin Rudd that he was not frightened of fighting an election on the issue.

“As far as many many millions of Australians are concerned what the Rudd Government ETS looks like is a great big tax to create a great big slush fund to provide politicised handouts run by a giant bureaucracy,” he said.

Mr Abbott said the next election would be a tough fight, but that the Oppositon would fight hard.

“You cannot win an election without a fight,” he said. “The job of the Opposition is to be an alternative, not an echo.”

www.australianclimatemadness.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I am also glad to see Abbott take the lead of the Liberal Party.
The ETS is now in disarray, and I imagine that the Labor Party is feeling much the same way.
I hope that Abbott is able to continue in his current vein and listen to his party members, keep an ear out for what his constituents want and stick it to kevin Rudd and his cronies.
I was so happy to hear him say that his opposition party will offer "choices not an echo" - Turnbull and Hockey have been KRudd sychophants since the last election.
One of the things I really love about Abbott is that he is so tactless(he is called the Mad Monk), it offends a lot of people, but I really think we need an opposition leader that is willing to shove it in the faces of the Labor party and I highly doubt he can make himself less popular by doing so.
He has promised a fight and I really think he will bring one.
The Liberals will apparently be offering their own green bills, but not in the form of the proposed trading scheme. Let's hope that it will actually effectively reduce all types of pollution, not just create opportunities for large companies to make more money at the expense of tax payers.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join