It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Australian MPs Resign Over Carbon Tax Vote

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Does anyone know if any of our politicians brought up or even discussed the leaked emails from the CRU?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by george_gaz
I am mixed as to whether this is good or bad.

It is good because it means that people are making a stand over something that is evidently erroneous (all this global warming trash), however, I see this as a bad step because what if all of the "good guys" stand down and leave politics?

That only leaves us with the bad.

G'day george_gaz, I don't think they have actually quit the party or politics just resigned from their positions I think, if the leadership challenge produces a new opposition leader (good chance it will) they will likely be appointed to cabinet positions again. Then the debate will start proper.

Thats the way I understand it, I may be a little bit off, politics is not my strong point.

Here's hoping,
Cheers

PS. There was a bit of a demonstration by some Climate Change Skeptics a couple of days ago also I think, I been busy i'll have to catch up on it all.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by Toecutter.]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
This is going to be a interesting weekend & week in the liberal party to see who is staying & going

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I knew there was a reason I liked our Aussie cousins. You guys don't take the crap the rest of us do.

I'm coming over in a couple of months with an Aussie mate of mine. I think I'll stay.

I still want to know whether we're going to get our money back from "Green Taxes" when all of this climate change Bull Poo gets proven false. Isn't it fraud to take money off people under false pretences?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Here's an article I found about it - news.ninemsn.com.au...

The recent leaking of the emails and stuff I haven't found or heard anything about yet MSM wise here I mean.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta
Wow... Tony Abbott just quit the front bench. That is pretty big.

www.abc.net.au...

"I indicated to Malcolm at the end of the conversation that given his position I could no longer support the opposition's policy and therefore could no longer be in the shadow cabinet"

-Tony Abbott.

Good on him, never thought i would see this to be honest.

Hah.

Tony Abbot is a two-timing, back-biting, maggot. Always has been, always will be.

He and Minchen are going to ensure that the Liberal party can't win an election for the next 30 years.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I disagree and fail to see how resigning is classed as making a stand. When their positions can be filled with yes men. Shouldn't they stay in their positions and use their positions to fight for what they believe in? instead of just stepping down when the going gets tough. How can this be seen as putting up a fight for whats right?

Looks like just more of same politicians doing more of the same, avoiding any issue which is real instead of GROWING A SPINE.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by CrimsonMoon]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I agree that the MPs would be able to accomplish more by staying in their position and asking for change. But at least they are not voting FOR this Carbon Tax Bill.

Unfortunately, I feel this rebellion from Australians will piss off the wrong people. Maybe a "natural" catastrophe in Australia will convince the general population that implementing this Carbon Tax is something that must be done.

[edit on 27/11/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
for them to say they resigned because global warming is a load of nonsense is in itself NONSENSE !

the reason they reisgned is because the ECO cap on carbon is bad for big industrial businesses because it means PROFIT cuts , and profit cuts means job cuts , and if the voters havent got jobs then they arent voting for the government that took those jobs away !

Thats why they resigned

Whether Global warming is man made or not , we as a species are still needlessly and shamelessly polluting the planet for profit !
and its time that we should face facts , we arent switching to eco friendly energy or down sizing the output of CO2 or other toxic emissions because we dont believe in global warming or that we effect it directly , we arent doing it because our economies will suffer in the long run , and all we care about is money , rather than the planet !

its kind of funny that we care about money more than the planet , considering money was initially made from trees , and the computers that now show our digital accounts and shares were made from plastic that came from our hydrocarbons!

the economy is #ed , we may as well realise it now and impliment these changes when we are at the low , instead of trying to balance it out later ! Make the change now when we are still down.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by sapien82]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
My prediction of what will come of this Liberal party fiasco:

1) The vote has been re-scheduled for Monday morning. The ass end of the Liberal party that didn't like the way the caucus vote went last week will continue to hold the bills to ransom.

2) The Labor party will have to go to plan B - the Liberals have reneged on the deal, so they'll put the original bill to a vote, which will fail in the Senate and give the Government a trigger for a double dissolution.

3) The Leadership Spill meeting on Tuesday will re-affirm Turnbull, for the second time in 5 days.

4) The ass end of the Liberal Party will quit the party and form a new party, I'm betting it will be called "Australian Tories". The Tories will go into coalition with the Nationals, cutting out the Liberals. They still won't quite have the numbers to be the 'official' loyal opposition.

5) The Government will call a double dissolution election for February. The business community completely abandons the former conservative parties and the Liberals and Tories alike will be destroyed. (Believe me, the business community, including the energy sector, is majorly pissed at the antics going on in the Liberal party right now). The Nationals will pick up a few of the ex-Liberal seats. Greens will pick up others. Labor will gain complete control of the Senate.

6) Turnbull will resign from parliament. No one wants the Liberal Leadership. Even Joe Hockey won't have a bar of it. Julie Bishop gets it because she is the most senior member. At least she won't have quite so much internal sniping because the back-biters have left.

7) The Tories wither and die. Some find their way to the Nationals, and some desperate Liberal sections take back others. A couple join with Mark Fielding and the Family First party, but they never win an election again.

8)The Government's Cap and Trade bill gets passed.

9) Since the energy companies don't have any hip pocket politicians to spend money on anymore they actually prosper without the subsidies that the Tories idiotic self defeating manipulation took away from them.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Im surprised that no one has mentioned the following in all this....

its been on discussion on talkback radio today that Kevin Rudd wants to push this through before Copenhagen to make himself look much better and the leader amongst western nations when it comes to Climate Change.

We all know this has more to do with the New World Order plans of more enslavement of the public through higher taxes.

But the important thing here is, that Kevin Rudd is pretty much guaranteed the next election win.

Scary thing is that Kevin Rudd has also been promised a high ranking position in the UN and will retire next year after the election to take the high seat at the UN and leave the priministership to Julia Gillard, which will be Australias first female prime minister.

Two scary things with this.....why is it that Rudd has been promised this position in the UN? He must have some high NWO connections or is it because they want a Mandarin speaking leader of the UN when the west attacks the East in 2012?

Julia Gillard is a hardcore left winger...formly a member of the Australiam Communist party in her younger years.....will bring a totaly different slant on australian politics.....

Democracy without a strong opposition isn't democracy at all.....Im fed up with the 2 party system and do hope that it breaks down to more parties and more vocal discussion on issues such as this.

Another scary thing....why isnt anyone from within the labour party complaining against this emission trading scheme?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Julia Gillard is a hardcore left winger...formly a member of the Australiam Communist party in her younger years.....will bring a totaly different slant on australian politics.....

Wow, I am sorry to hear that, seems like you guys are marching down the same road as the US. Guess we really all are in this together.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

To charge taxes for polluting with carbon is a complete farce, it is the making of money that is supposedly the cause of global warming, according to them, so charging taxes will only cause more environmental damage because companies will have to increased costs to cover carbon taxes, then people work more because prices go up, it's a catch 22 situation that TPTB really want to use on us. If our governments fall for it or go along with it they are criminals or so stupid they should be unemployable.

The only real way I can see to reduce carbon emissions with todays industrial and commercial methods is to scale back our economies and do things smarter with less waste and stuffing around, too many people are paid to talk crap and do stuff all.

It's time to trim the fat off this civilization of ours. Greed is a symptom of the disease Capitalism.

Peace

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
A bit off topic but to show how the common person overlooks the taking of our rights.

In Australia we have something called the G.S.T. the Goods and Services Tax. it's a 10% Flat tax on everything bought the seller of goods or services charges the buyer and pays it to the government.

Now the problem with that is that if I give my 12 year old son $5 to have for himself as pocket money and he goes to the shop and buys a drink he is charged G.S.T. that means a 12 year old is paying tax and that is wrong no matter how you look at it.

Isn't it against some kind of international law to charge children who do not work or earn money taxes ? The way they did it they are using shopkeepers as tax collectors.

The whole show just sucks the big one change is needed fundamental change.

I wish I knew where to look to find out if it contravines any international laws.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by rnaa

LOL! I enjoyed your forecast into the future. Rather funny!

However, I think we will be stuck with the same old two parties into the foreseeable future. The Libs will take a hit, just like Labor did (Beazley, Crean & Latham era)... and pull it back from the brink. Business as usual!

IRM

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
What happens during a "double dissolution"?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonMoon
I disagree and fail to see how resigning is classed as making a stand. When their positions can be filled with yes men. Shouldn't they stay in their positions and use their positions to fight for what they believe in? instead of just stepping down when the going gets tough. How can this be seen as putting up a fight for whats right?

Looks like just more of same politicians doing more of the same, avoiding any issue which is real instead of GROWING A SPINE.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by CrimsonMoon]

Yes but this mass resignation also is making it so there will be a leadership change. And THAT leader will be one to say no for his whole party. He wouldn't want to say yes as the leadership change wil be because of the current leader malcolm turnbull going to say yes. New leader will definately say no.

Good on em. This carbon ETS is total bull.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrShowBoat
What happens during a "double dissolution"?

Everyone is removed from play. Everyone must vote again i think. Never happened before. We have had someone become prime minister and then the queen in england fired them a day or so latter. Thats what can happen in a monarchy.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Here is a situation where we are replacing one fiat monetary system with another, carbon trading.

Why? Because the current fiat monetary system is failing. Simple, the liberal party in

Australia will undoubtedly not be able to save us from this system. They are afterall complete

shills. If anything this is a conspiracy to fracture the liberal party so that Kevin Rudd the snakeish

ex DFAT agent can get another term. Just my two carbon credits

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by pauldamo
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

Looks like some people are waking up to the crud being spewed by the anti-global warming crowd.
should read 'global warming crowd'-right

Actually, it should've been "Anthropogenic global warming crowd". Sorry.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join