It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gary McKinnon is to face US trial , No hope left

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
That does not bother me one little bit. Britain knew what the treaty meant when they signed it. Do you not think that Britain has very knowledgeable, professional negotiators? If anyone is angry about this treaty, they should not be angry at the U.S. they should be angry at Britain for signing it.

Yeah, sorry, perhaps should have been clear. I don't blame the US, I blame Blair and his cronies for kow-towing to US demands and not insisting on the same level of reciprocation and then, when they saw the terms, they signed it anyway.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I wonder if anyone will ever discuss, in any of the numerous threads on this subject here, the CONTENT of what McKinnon discovered on the NASA site concerning "non-terrestrial officers" and the list of ships/vessels (USS this and that) that didn't match any known registry. Oh sure, he made the whole thing up because he's a science fiction genius and nothing more than a publicity whore like all writers or story tellers. Yeah, like that's a trait of an Asperger's person. (sarcasm off)

If this "civilization" was anything remotely resembling civilized enough, McKinnon would be allowed to do a well-publicized interview (preferably on TV) about what he saw on the NASA site. I'm certain he would be perfectly credible in his recounting of the experience. I only wish he could have printed out some of the more crucial information. All of it belongs to the public, not Spookified creeps of government as we know it. I would wager there IS, in fact, a secret space program.

This place is way too often the biggest festival of mediocrity in history. There's basically nothing "alternative" about ATS, or any more. Yippee as always.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
They mainly want to get him into the prison system at which time they will stage his suicide. Poor bastard is a dead man walking. Also to those who say "he'll be working for them soon", I don't think we was a talented hacker was he? Sounded like he just used some basic scripts, etc nothing too badass.. All they are doing is making an example out of him. "You hack us, you end up in prison. dead."

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I do think his Aspergers is relevant - because you can focus on something without being aware of the ramifications. This focusing alone can make the person pretty brilliant in one area, yet have difficulty functioning day to day. There is speculation that Sir Isaac Newton and Einstein had Aspergers.
news.bbc.co.uk...
I don't think this is about justice at all actually. I think this is US being EMBARRASSED and PEEVED because a person with learning difficulties managed to hack into their system. I would say 'ha bloody ha' if it wasn't so serious for him.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by unicorn1]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Lol, don't think that the British were cheated. BP Wins Huge Oil License in Iraq And, please don't think that the British are stupid either

BP is a multi-national company ,and a pretty dodgy one at that , just because THEY won an oil contract has nothing to so with anything .
I dont think the British are stupid as I am British , the British people are far from stupid , most of us saw through the whole tissue of lies concocted by Bush and Blair to justify the Iraq war , the British Government on the other hand spineless Muppets when it comes to standing up to US Government.
Please don't confuse the British Government with the British people they are not the same.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
What would happen if he were to pull off some crime in the UK , wouldn't that take precedence over any kind of crime to be extradited for , especially one of a non violent nature like hacking . That way he would get to stay in a uk jail ?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I don't even know how it is even legal to send anybody to a quasi legitimate nation in terms of punishment , with them torturing and executing and all other kinds of medieval practices . I thought we had rules against allowing people to be sent to those kinds of nations ?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Yeah the problem with that is he would still face extradition after he had served his time for the crime he committed here , he is in a no win situation , TPTB want their pound of flesh and they will get it come what may.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drexl
I don't even know how it is even legal to send anybody to a quasi legitimate nation in terms of punishment , with them torturing and executing and all other kinds of medieval practices . I thought we had rules against allowing people to be sent to those kinds of nations ?

In the real world america, has always been awful on human rights.

Look at any country and you will find as worse as china if not worse. Just that america has hollywood, people think they are the good guys. Bloody joke that.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Drexl

When it comes to the US this or any British Government will always bend over and prepare for entry [ if you know what I mean
]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

If they want to give him 70 years , he has nothing to lose . Just keep re offending . Better to be in a UK jail than get tortured in a US hell hole.

Maybe in the years he is in a UK jail, the farcical law blair and straw signed up to , could be rescinded .

[edit on 27-11-2009 by Drexl]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
If our goverment will not stand up against the american goverment for the sake of its citizens, then maybe we should? On the day of his extradition we should forcebly prevent the transfer, block the airports and prison from which the transfer takes place, and hide him..... This wont happen of course, but i just hope that the american court shows mercy to him, and see that this is more embarrasing for them to pick on a mentally ill man, and show them up for the bullying bastards they are.

They arent interested in justice, they just want their pound of flesh.

I hope that us brits show our displeasure by not buying american goods, watching their films and stop fighting their bloody wars!

Im not anti normal joe american, but i am against their self serving and corrupt goverment just as much as my own... And this is emotive for me as my cousin suffers from aspergers too, and would be dead within a week in a british prison, let alone in an american one

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Originally posted by Drexl

In the real world america, has always been awful on human rights.

Look at any country and you will find as worse as china if not worse. Just that america has hollywood, people think they are the good guys. Bloody joke that.

Do you two even know what your talking about? I really doubt he will get 70 years. That is the MAXIMUM sentence and rarely is that ever given. He may spend time in prison (10 years max probably 1-5) OR if he is extremely lucky and has a good lawyer, he may get off on some sort of supervised house arrest/probation ESPECIALLY if he has no prior criminal record. HE will probably be fined out of the WAAZOO and will never be a rich man, lol. But I doubt they are going to lock him up and throw away the key. He's simply not that dangerous.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Here's a petition site

www.petitiononline.com...

And another site where you can comment
freegary.org.uk...

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

ggeez. nothing bad will happen to the guy. We will hear he is to die, or we will hear nothing beyond guilty, and sentence. HE will continue to work for the world govt (UK or USInc, or possibly EPLD) as a computer security consultant or something. There is no way the US will NOT exploit a brain with that sort of capability. He will probably do a year at most in a minimum security facility complete with college, and tea time.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by unicorn1
Here's a petition site

www.petitiononline.com...

And another site where you can comment
freegary.org.uk...

The petition you reference is very informative but I do have to ask: Why in the world would anyone want to free this man?

Free Gary McKinnon! He have evidences! He have evidences!

For sure, he should be tried because he admittedly broke the law and I am of the opinion that he should possibly be allowed to remain in Britain for his trial, but FREE him???? Absolutely not!

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by stanlee
reply to post by gortex

ggeez. nothing bad will happen to the guy. We will hear he is to die, or we will hear nothing beyond guilty, and sentence. HE will continue to work for the world govt (UK or USInc, or possibly EPLD) as a computer security consultant or something. There is no way the US will NOT exploit a brain with that sort of capability. He will probably do a year at most in a minimum security facility complete with college, and tea time.

I agree entirely.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
if he is prosecuted, they should prosecute all hackers! how about CHINA infiltrating defense systems of the USA? huh? what about those people who hacked the defense network? which IMO is 10000 times worse than looking up old UFO files. this isn't right, the only reason why he is being targeted because its the UFO subject, and make an example out of him for others who try the same thing.

Prosecute the damn Chinese hackers, extradite them too! Why go after this guy, when these guys looked up vital defense files that was a TRUE threat to the USA's national security?

US of A, how much of a hypocrite you have become!?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by stanlee

ggeez. nothing bad will happen to the guy.

Your kidding me, right ? . or maybe your serious .
Even if he is just sentenced to say six months in an American prison he will be eaten alive , think about it , he is British and has a form of Aspergers , he would be easy prey and would probably end up trying to kill himself within a couple of weeks , ask yourself how you would cope being in a prison in a foreign country,with no family visits .

There is no way the US will NOT exploit a brain with that sort of capability

From what I have seen and read he isn't a hacking genius , he got "lucky" with some basic knowledge and security passwords left at their default admin , yeah he had to get in but when he did doors were left open , more a case of lax security than hacking genius

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
i feel sorry for gary i hoe he gets mitigateing circumstances and a slap on the wrist.
but if i was faced with a yankee jail after what ive seen on tv here in the uk id be s***tin my sell and would not go if you know what i mean not go at all get to a country with no extradition or ask for asylum in venezuela .

final straw i think id top mysell. i seen the jail in arizona all wearing pink and tents as cells armed guards built like brick sh**t houses. and the inmates are totally worse. all sorts gary dont deserve that a few month in open prison in uk i think , at worst a stint in strangeways 24 hour lock up.
good luck gary .

Another point, when he did this he was younger and pc were pretty new to most, no one thought they could get in trouble real trouble.
look at the films about hacking filled with young hacker boy glamour. hollywood makes it look good with there mistletoe wand like the one film with tick tac toe world wide thermo nuclear war computer lose forgot the name

[edit on 11/27/2009 by dashar]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join