It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gary McKinnon is to face US trial , No hope left

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
This is like watching slow torture , Gary McKinnons last hope has tonight run out .

Computer hacker Gary McKinnon faces being tried in the US after requests to block his extradition were refused, the Home Office has confirmed. Home Secretary Alan Johnson told Mr McKinnon's family he could not block the move on medical grounds.

Mr Johnson said he had carefully considered the representations but had concluded that sending Mr McKinnon to the US would not breach his human rights.

news.bbc.co.uk...
In an age where countless countries are attempting to hack into the servers of the US for the reasons of espionage ,can anything be gained from the public flogging of this man whose only intent was to find evidence of the UFO cover-up .

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Repeat 100 times: a crime is a crime... The severity of the crime is immaterial. When you break the law, the full extent of the law is applicable. This case is not as simple as you paint it. No UFO group or organization has come forward admitting that they requested that he act on their behalf and if they had they cannot support his actions and would be just as guilty. He certainly was not representing me.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Put it this way america has gone after people who have never done anything to them, do you think they care less about anyone who actually done something, no matter how foolish.

Americans do not need a reason to go after someone, if they choose they will, and thats it till the day they die. Thats the world we live in, america can do what it wants.

Was it really worth it, i would ask him?

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Indeed andy1033, though he didn't find what he was looking for, it seems he did find some truth.

I wonder if he will write a book in jail, and what sentence he will get.

edit to add; This is the biggest case since Kevin Mitnick in my opinion.

[edit on 26-11-2009 by Grey Magic]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

People break the law everyday to varying extents , some do it maliciously and others do it by accident or because they have a problem .
Gary McKinnon has a mental health problem and as such does not hold full responsibility for his actions , I am not saying he didn't do wrong but there are mitigating circumstances and this should be taken into account when a Country wants to make an example of someone.
It would be just as acceptable in my view to allow him ta face trial in England , OK so he wont face such a stiff sentence but I doubt he will get a large sentence in the US trial , it would be an embarrassment to the US Government .
Is there any point in hounding this man ,With the pressure he must be under we may end this story on a tragic note ,and for what .

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Poor guy i hope he ends up okay
its annoying, if this was some us citizen hacking into english data bases they would have him tried in america.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

what i do on this board is try to get across to people, that america does not care about his issues.

What do you think the people that america torture have, do you think they have not mental health issues?

i am just trying to be real here, america does not care like we may do, and when they after someone they go after them, no matter what?

I am just trying to be real here, but it is bad that america does this, but this is the world we live in. We know its a stup1d crime he did, but in this world, americans are not ones who care about mental health conditions, of people that do anything to them. This may sound bad, but its real, trust me.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by superdebz

its annoying, if this was some us citizen hacking into english data bases they would have him tried in america.

Absolutely right , that's what we over here call the special relationship

[edit on 26-11-2009 by gortex]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
If I was Gary, I'd walk into court WITHOUT a lawyer and say:

"May I, and the court, please reveal the photo's that I am being charged at reviewing please?"

At least that notion would get through out. He would just face the hacking charge... Which may get thrown out.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
My only advice to mckinnon is to find a place inside himself and focus on that. keep yourself true, no matter what they do.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I don't think that is very funny on several levels for very many reasons

He committed the crime on UK soil and should stand trial here. The crime was committed here and not in the US, although it was against the US.

This is a witch hunt and its sick, as said before he did you a service. Now maybe you can shut out the Chinese intelligence service who must have been having a field day. No wonder they are advancing so quickly..

Also are you going to ship over all your bankers that gave mortgages to the unemployeed to the UK so we can give them some "old country" treatment, they started the snowball which has trashed world economics! Please explain to me the difference oh enlightened one..

Oh and please don't tell me the banks have not committed a crime, its fraud on a massive scale never seen in the history of mankind!

I would vote to bring back the death penalty for them!

[edit on 26-11-2009 by Bunker or Bust]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I might be alone on this one but I so not care about this guy. He did commit a crime and should be judge over it.

US probably want to do a example of this guy tho, that's a rash.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I personally feel this is an indicator to the UFO community that there will not be a disclosure. If they had dropped their charges against this man, perhaps it could have been construed that there is a changing of attitudes. However the severity of these charges show that the authorities there are in no mood to have such sensitive information be accessed.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
From another McKinnon thread I posted in, but relevant here:

Not so bothered about this guys supposed Human Rights, wether he is an Aspergers sufferer or not, he seems cognitive to me and he committed a crime, regardless of what he was "intending" to look for and what he actually did.

What bothers me and most I speak to about this is the blatant one-sided treatment Britain gets off the back of this extradition treaty. The US has to provide little evidence to extradite someone from the UK, just an accusation basically. Whereas the UK must provide an insurmountable burden of proof to even get an extradition hearing for a US citizen wanted for alleged crimes.

Another example of this "special relationship" is anything but.

Oh the "crime" was committed on US soil. It was perpetrated from the UK, but where do you think the servers and what not that NASA have are located?

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Well he had an awesome hack. I think his "UFO excuse" is a bit far fetched and dreamed up to garner sympathy. However, like all Hackers, he will do his time for his crime.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
What do the Aliens think about that?

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
only reason why America is so serious about him is because he wanted to find out and probably found the truth...

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
This has to be seen as a sad indictment on our sad ass government , after the massive favor the UK did in backing the Bush administration romp in the Middle East , they cant even get a small concession on this matter , A trial in the UK would no doubt help the struggling Brown Government .
I am so glad we have a special relationship with the US , other wise we would be treated just like any other Country .

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
From another McKinnon thread I posted in, but relevant here:

Not so bothered about this guys supposed Human Rights, wether he is an Aspergers sufferer or not, he seems cognitive to me and he committed a crime, regardless of what he was "intending" to look for and what he actually did.

His Asperger's, I think, had a lot to do with his crime. While I agree that he did intentionally commit this crime, people with Aspergers can get quite obsessive with a subject and I believe that had a lot to do with him hacking in. I do think though that his illness will have a great deal of impact on the outcome of his trial. I'm sorry they are extraditing him though because Asperger's sufferers can't take a lot of change and need sameness. I hope they pay for his mother, at least, to accompany him.

What bothers me and most I speak to about this is the blatant one-sided treatment Britain gets off the back of this extradition treaty. The US has to provide little evidence to extradite someone from the UK, just an accusation basically. Whereas the UK must provide an insurmountable burden of proof to even get an extradition hearing for a US citizen wanted for alleged crimes.

That does not bother me one little bit. Britain knew what the treaty meant when they signed it. Do you not think that Britain has very knowledgeable, professional negotiators? If anyone is angry about this treaty, they should not be angry at the U.S. they should be angry at Britain for signing it.

Oh the "crime" was committed on US soil. It was perpetrated from the UK, but where do you think the servers and what not that NASA have are located?

Yes, absolutely you are correct there. The fact that he hacked the pentagon servers is the most disturbing to me and definitely was on American soil. Perhaps they'll offer him a job? It's happened before.

[edit on 26/11/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
This has to be seen as a sad indictment on our sad ass government , after the massive favor the UK did in backing the Bush administration romp in the Middle East , they cant even get a small concession on this matter , A trial in the UK would no doubt help the struggling Brown Government .
I am so glad we have a special relationship with the US , other wise we would be treated just like any other Country .

Lol, don't think that the British were cheated. BP Wins Huge Oil License in Iraq And, please don't think that the British are stupid either. Of course they got what they wanted in the Middle East and as far as this man's extradition do not think for one minute that if the British government really fought hard they wouldn't be able to arrange keeping him in England.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join